✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Stanley Cup Playoffs

I picked Montreal and LA from the start and I'm sticking with them.. but WTF can't believe we lost to France today haha

See, I liked LA too, but they just couldn't score in the regular season so I didn't pick them to get this far...France though man, France....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I liked LA too, but they just couldn't score in the regular season so I didn't pick them to get this far...France though man, France....

yeah but LA always shows up in the playoffs when it counts as much as I don't like them I picked them cause they're a scary team.. and cause my Canucks didn't make the playoffs :(

yeah but LA always shows up in the playoffs when it counts as much as I don't like them I picked them cause they're a scary team.. and cause my Canucks didn't make the playoffs :(

You're a Canucklehead and you picked LA? Don't rivals mean anything anymore? lol. I have CHI coming out of the west

I know...France...I know Canada never really tries in the WC but still....

I didn't mind Carlyle tbh, a 2 year isn't so bad plus theres a team option after the first year IIRC. You on HF too?

Been on HF since 2006. I stick mostly to the Panthers Board, Main NHL board is pretty good to keep up to date on what's going on. Trade rumors board is a shit-show and good for a laugh every now and then. I don't know how you do the TOR board as a TOR fan haha. I imagine that is HARD to keep up with.

I know I am new here. It's hard getting acclimated to a new board, but I feel a lot more comfortable around here now, it's like "once you take the plunge" sort of thing lol. Wish I would have sooner though. Fun place. Actually for the most part like posting here more than I do at HF.

Been on HF since 2006. I stick mostly to the Panthers Board, Main NHL board is pretty good to keep up to date on what's going on. Trade rumors board is a shit-show and good for a laugh every now and then. I don't know how you do the TOR board as a TOR fan haha. I imagine that is HARD to keep up with.

I know I am new here. It's hard getting acclimated to a new board, but I feel a lot more comfortable around here now, it's like "once you take the plunge" sort of thing lol. Wish I would have sooner though. Fun place. Actually for the most part like posting here more than I do at HF.

I've grown away from HF as time progressed. Not to bore you but I came from the official Leafs board. Then they went through a format changed and the best posters left. I went to HF 'cause i've heard its the place to be for hockey folk. I stick to the Leafs board and mainly read. TBH, the level of knowledge some of these guys have is pretty high, even if the majority is very low. I mostly go there for news. But like I said, i've been trying to contribute there more and got mad hate for saying the shanahan move was bad. Since, I havent really posted and moved onto R/Hockey of reddit. I don't post there, but its a more inviting atmosphere. I'd say HF is good for their photoshop threads and knowledge but r/hockey is a good atmosphere. Plus, I learned how to view gamecentre games on VLC from r/hockey.

I've grown away from HF as time progressed. Not to bore you but I came from the official Leafs board. Then they went through a format changed and the best posters left. I went to HF 'cause i've heard its the place to be for hockey folk. I stick to the Leafs board and mainly read. TBH, the level of knowledge some of these guys have is pretty high, even if the majority is very low. I mostly go there for news. But like I said, i've been trying to contribute there more and got mad hate for saying the shanahan move was bad. Since, I havent really posted and moved onto R/Hockey of reddit. I don't post there, but its a more inviting atmosphere. I'd say HF is good for their photoshop threads and knowledge but r/hockey is a good atmosphere. Plus, I learned how to view gamecentre games on VLC from r/hockey.

Oh yeah, I completely agree about the knowledge. You can learn a lot about other teams from having some pretty knowledgeable fans put their input in. There's definitely some assholeism at HF though for sure. Just curious, why did you think the Shanahan move was bad? I post a fair bit in GDTs when the regular season is going on the Panthers board, but I don't care for getting into arguments left and right with other posters, which seems to happen a fair bit on HF, partly because I am terrible at arguing lol. I can have a legitimate reason for feeling some way in my head, but when I try to say it eloquently, it just doesn't work, and it ends up going wrong lol.

You're a Canucklehead and you picked LA? Don't rivals mean anything anymore? lol. I have CHI coming out of the west

I don't really see LA as a rival as much as Chicago but LA and Canucks always have great physical games but it aint really a rival when LA always wins haha

Re: Shanny. The main thing about it is he doesn't have quite enough experience in that type of role to convince me he'll do a good job. His hockey related job (besides playing) was head of player safety, but that has nothing to do with building an actual team which this new role requires. I just wasn't sold he could do the job and that he was truly the best person for the job.

One argument I remember hearing is "oh, he can learn on the job, I learn on the job all the time". I countered with saying I don't mind that he learns on the job, but the amount of learning he's bound to do (since he's so new at this) is alarming. I made the analogy of a new pilot flying a plane versus a veteran WII fighter pilot flying a plane and was told it was a horrible analogy.

I left that debate saying its clear we won't convince each other so lets just hope for the best, but not before getting heat for voicing a legit concern.

Re: Shanny. The main thing about it is he doesn't have quite enough experience in that type of role to convince me he'll do a good job. His hockey related job (besides playing) was head of player safety, but that has nothing to do with building an actual team which this new role requires. I just wasn't sold he could do the job and that he was truly the best person for the job.

One argument I remember hearing is "oh, he can learn on the job, I learn on the job all the time". I countered with saying I don't mind that he learns on the job, but the amount of learning he's bound to do (since he's so new at this) is alarming. I made the analogy of a new pilot flying a plane versus a veteran WII fighter pilot flying a plane and was told it was a horrible analogy.

I left that debate saying its clear we won't convince each other so lets just hope for the best, but not before getting heat for voicing a legit concern.

I think that's a fair concern. I think Nonis has done a pretty good job in TOR since taking over, hopefully Shanny doesn't put his hands in Nonis' business too much. Handing bans to players for headshots is not the same as assessing talent, assessing potential trades or having input on them, and impacting the direction of the organization.

Once you go against the grain, you're going to catch hell for it -- it doesn't matter if it's legitimate. Groupthink is powerful.

Seriously. Nothing was more weird than saying Kaberle in a Habs Jersey, and Komisarek in a TOR jersey. The hell is wrong with these players lol.

Sundin in a Canucks jersey

*cringe*

I agree, but this rivalry is not stronger than Montreal/Boston.

I guess you're right (in terms of recent history anyways). But I wouldn't count out TOR/MTL being more heated than that back when both were stronger teams (60s) and they were both the only Canadian teams.

Pitt-NY, wow, rangers are actually gonna pull this off aren't they? 2-1 with 7 mins left.

Oooh, suck it Pitt! NYR wins game 7. Even Chris didn't save you

[video=youtube;OCMC1KwFLmw]

Aaaaaaand Chi wins on a crazy bounce, excellent play by Kaner and the guy before him to tie up Sutter.

Big freaking play to get Kane alone with Bryz and what composure by 88 in white (elimination game, OT and he goes backhand)

852833343.gif?1400040572