✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Black Keys, new album called Turn Blue

reddevil07

Have listened to it twice now, not very impressed yet. Probably a grower though - it took me some time to get into their earlier (pre-Attack & Release) stuff too...

Yeah, their albums before A&R were very heavy blues rock. Personally I think Brothers are still their best album to date. But you've gotta cool down on expectations with Turn Blue. Everything's simple and musically it makes sense. The syncopated drum and bass. I believe this album's going to go pretty far :D

I really like, to be honest ive never listened to their past albums but this is making me want to look into them.

You should! Give Attack & Release and Brothers a try. They're different from Turn Blue though. But really nice garage blues rock stuff.

It's a strange album - I listened it multiple times and still nothing touched me. Brothers is mile ahead, even previous recordind was better. Some tracks are very similar to Franz Ferdinand.

It's a strange album - I listened it multiple times and still nothing touched me. Brothers is mile ahead, even previous recordind was better. Some tracks are very similar to Franz Ferdinand.

It is strange, at first. But the tracks become familiar as the albums goes on. Give it a few more listens. Like Ghost Stories, I believe Turn Blue is a different take for the duo. But honestly, the fuzzy guitar in this album sounds a lot like the ones in Brothers. Give "In Our Prime" another try :)

oh my god thank you for making this thread I love the black keys and turn blue was amazing Bullet In The Brain is an outstanding track

You're welcome :D I'm loving the album aswell! I love those two tracks and In Time! These two are going to bag awards at the Grammy's again. Lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

was not sure if this was the only BK thread buttttttt, I remember this great song when it originally came out and the boys do some justice here, great cover of" A Girl Like You"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jNksy2-9W_o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>