✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Where do you want Coldplay's sound to go?

lennyrott2

I think X&Y was as about as close as Coldplay are gonna get to AM. That's good in my opinion because Arctic Monkeys are quite arrogant in their music style, and their egos are only boosted by critics. Where ever Coldplay go next, we can be pretty such it will be unique, unexpected and, as always, fucking awesome.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the xx sound, just throwing that out there. I don't think coldplay could ever go too punky/rocky. they aren't big headed enough. I never want coldplay to loose their modesty. Its the thing I like most about them personality wise.

Guitar driven would be cool. I'd like them to follow their "let's be like Muse" instinct a little more. In an interview they said GPASUYF was inspired by Muse. I also feel like How You See the World is very Muse-inspired.

[video=youtube;Qbuj7JKEzDM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbuj7JKEzDM

The end of that^ seems like the end of thisv. [yes, HYSTW came first, I'm just comparing the two to say "Coldplay may be capable of similar things."]

[video=youtube;XGlRtAsWJe4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGlRtAsWJe4

So bigger guitar, bigger bass, bigger drums, bigger piano. But with the English modesty that Coldplay's music has, and Muse's generally lacks.

Guitar driven would be cool. I'd like them to follow their "let's be like Muse" instinct a little more. In an interview they said GPASUYF was inspired by Muse. I also feel like How You See the World is very Muse-inspired.

So bigger guitar, bigger bass, bigger drums, bigger piano. But with the English modesty that Coldplay's music has, and Muse's generally lacks.

I agree but HYSTW is more of a exception of their style, Muse have always been progressive rock band and Jonny is more of a classical guitarrist like The Edge and Jimmy Page.

Nice comparison! GPASUYF Live 2012 was pretty heavy at the end...kinda sounded like Muse's softest outro jams.

Here, watch this. I don't think Chris Jonny Will and Guy would be alive by the end if they attempted it :P

[video=youtube;yTRI81tlgqw]

I don't think Chris Jonny Will and Guy would be alive by the end if they attempted it :P

TRUE

SS has the fastest guitar picking solo I've ever heard (3:55) and the outro feels like RATM.

btw, haven't seen this (

) vid, tks for sharing ;)

TRUE

SS has the fastest guitar picking solo I've ever heard (3:55) and the outro feels like RATM.

btw, haven't seen this (

) vid, tks for sharing ;)

Yes haha they're crazy. I love how Chris is just in the crowd not giving a shit and Dom and Matt are smiling at each other.

Back to Coldplay's sound though, I would love a guitar-driven album but even more I would love more ambient electronic songs like Midnight. So I chose Ambience/Post Dubstep in the poll.

Yes haha they're crazy. I love how Chris is just in the crowd not giving a shit and Dom and Matt are smiling at each other.

Back to Coldplay's sound though, I would love a guitar-driven album but even more I would love more ambient electronic songs like Midnight. So I chose Ambience/Post Dubstep in the poll.

Chris was like a father letting the children fight, :lol:

I also voted on that option, I would love hearing Jonny boy using The Edge's echoing guitar sounds, like in A Sort of Homecoming and Where The Streets Have No Name

I genuinely don't know where they will go or where they should go.

Actually, maybe go down the shoegaze route? Chinese Sleep Chant was superb. A full album like that would be excellent.

Exactly my thoughts..Chinese sleep Chant YES.

And in addition maybe Harmless...Famous old Painters, Lukas.