✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Thoughts about 2014?

grids

I'm reflecting from what I have done so far this year, it's been awesome and I'm very thankful for everything that's happened to me. There are ups and downs for sure. Facing failures many times, meeting with the great people, and most importantly allowing myself an opportunity to do something I have never done before, which is one of my greatest achievement :)

In the beginning of the year, I started celebrating new years eve with my best friend. She came to London all the way from France and stayed for two weeks. We have been best friends for almost a decade and it's always a very nice pleasure to get in touch with her even though we have only had a short trip. I'm glad I have known her since middle school, she always stays whenever I need her. PS: there is no falling in love here, we are just really into this 'crazy friendship' thang :P

As time goes by, I have had more opportunities for company visits, my classmates and I went to Jaguar, The Body Shop, and Liz Earle headquarters. We pretty much got to see the inside of the company and went to see mostly every work they do everyday. I think it was exciting and enjoyable. Met a lot professionals who I could learn from them as well. :)

I'd say July was the best time of the year. Well, not of the year anymore.. The best time of my life I'd say :D. Got to see Coldplay for the third and fourth time. I was very lucky. Had chances to meet Coldplayers too and still get in touch with some of them everyday (I love you guys, thanks for making my everyday much better :heart: :hug:)

In addition to Coldplay concerts, I got to meet the band for the first time in my life today (10/09) and it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. They were all very nice and down to earth. I really hope to get to see them again soon :nice:

At the same time, I have got an opportunity to work at the Indonesian restaurant for three months. It's been fun, crazy whether I got busy at times. The staff were very friendly even though we went into a lot of fights but good thing we always forgive each other very quickly. The customers were very delightful and putting smiles on their face saying, 'Wooow this Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice) is very delicious. Lovely, thank you :D'. Those kind of words always make me happy and proud. I'm proud to be an Indonesian representing my own food in a foreign country :)

At last but not least, I've got many downsides too. One of them is losing friends. Many of them I have known are gone. Some are uncontactable (I know this is not an English word, I just made that up lol), some are just very busy, some are even more sucks than before, and some are who I used to hangout with were being with themselves. Now the fact that I begin to realize that everybody is not perfect. Some people will come, some of them will go, but only a few people will stay till I get much much older.

My current goal for my future is to change my dreams into reality. I always love baking and enjoying it so much. It's a part of my hobby. But I have been thinking lately if I really should get a diploma for it before starting my own baking business. I have been dreaming this since a year ago, not far too long but I keep thinking about it now. However, I desperately need a job at the same time because I cant afford the tuition from that baking school I have wanted. So at the moment I think I need to create a decent plan...Not only one but could more than that. I hope it works out. :)

So, what are your thoughts about this year so far? :D

I don't expect anyone to read this, but I think it might benefit me to write a bit.

The past 12 months have been... life altering. In October last year my mother died from acute leukemia 51 years of age. (I'm 21). She was hospitalized with what turned out to be Pneumonia but very soon it was discovered there was more.

She died after just two weeks at the hospital - leukemia does that. I have three younger siblings - the youngest was 15 at the time. We all had to be stronger than it should ever be expected of anyone, including my dad.

The days at the hospital still haunt all of us. Seeing our mom like that, trying to help her the best we could well knowing it wasn't enough. Sleeping over alone at the hospital and waking up in the middle of the night because she needed help. Receiving good news and bad news, never knowing what to think, yet there was always this sense that there was only one way out.

Right now I'm listening to Here With Me by The Killers and it's almost a bit too much.

After mom died a lot of things have happened. I was on a trip to Ghana. I moved away from the friends I lived with and back in with my family. Now I've moved into my own apartment. My family and I have come closer to each other and the rest of our family.

In a way things are ok but I need them to be better. I need to not feel like I'm standing on the edge of destruction. I need a really close friend - someone who loves me and wants to share the deepest of their thoughts with me, and I'd do the same in return. I need to know there's hope for me and my family - including my mom. I hope the next 12 months will get me closer to that.

[smoke is rising from the houses]

for now its been an empty year and thats strange cause two really good things happened to me, i turned 18, im allowed to do loads of things now and most of it all i own a car now, and stayed three weeks for free in england.

the thing is that it feels like im enjoying all those things alone, all my friends are gone, 14 hours away from me, to university, the ones that are still here are 5 but we dont hang out anymore, im 18 and the last time i went out with someone was two weeks ago. I lost touch with both my best friends because they dont care about me anymore, their lives are better off without me since they both have boyfriends that offer them the same i did offer and even more. I've got just one close friend left to whom i can talk to but he's got a girlfriend too and the only time we talk is for 10 mins every morning before classes start (our classes are right next each other, thats the only reason we manage to talk).

I can't talk to my family either, on the 23rd of august my cousin almost died in a car accident, went into coma ad he woke up a week ago, so i can't really talk to anyone cause no one is here to listen to me, and my parents are getting closer and closer to what i believe will become a divorce, my sister lives 2 hours a half away from me and she cant really see it but i can.

Im gonna start uni next year and the thought of choosing the wrong uni, spending all the tutition fees for something wrong, the fear of having not enough money for books and for renting a house and even for eating, the fear of getting a degree and not finding a job that lets me live its stressing me out that im not enjoying anything that is happening to me.

I thought that turning 18 would have meant to live your life free as an adult, but all i feel is pressure.

It's been a year of epic highs and the lowest of lows.

Highs:

Saw Coldplay live for the 1st time which was absolutely incredible. Without a doubt the best concert I've ever seen.

I went to Tokyo for 10 days over Easter. Tokyo is absolutely insane. It's completely different to Britain, but it all works if you get what I mean. Seriously, if you ever get the chance to go to Tokyo, for goodness sake go! Japan is such a beautiful country. I only saw a small section of it, but it was still incredible. Mount Fuji is beautiful too. Also, I remember I was on the underground in Tokyo when I found out Coldplay were touring (and I happened to be in London on the day of the gig) so that was great. I went with my school, so to have the experience with some of my mates was great.

I want to be a journalist when I am older (I'm 17 now), so when I managed to get a work experience placement in the BBC, you can imagine my joy! It was incredible to get an insight into one of the biggest media corporations in the world.

I'm currently learning to drive! I'd always wanted to get behind the wheel of a car myself and this year is the 1st year I've been able to do so.

Lows:

Absolutely flunked my AS Levels this summer. They were an absolute disaster. for some subjects, I over revised for some subjects, had too much I wanted to write and ended up running out of time and for some exams I under revised and ended up doing badly. I'll be resitting them next summer. However, I've definitely made the next year of my life the toughest I could possibly have made it. I'm putting in my application for University next week, and my AS results will make getting into uni a hell of a lot harder.

Few friendship issues. I've always had friendship issues really. Basically, my "friends" never invite me anywhere. They aren't true friends, but because I only realised that recently, and it's my last few months in Cardiff before heading off to Uni and because I have so much work to do because of my terrible AS Grades, I haven't been able to make new friends. It's a shame really, but it's not long until I get a new start.

The next 12 months are going to be tough. I turn 18 in February which will bring with it a lot of responsibility and I will be entering the fun and games that is the UCAS System (University and Colleges Application System) and if all goes well with that, I will be heading off to Uni next September. I am looking forward to it. I'll be moving to either London or Manchester (again, if I get my way) so that will be exciting. I've been looking forward to leaving Cardiff for a while now, and that is finally near!

It was better than last year, that's for sure.

At the end of the year I always have the feeling that the next one is going to be better & I think that's a bit dangerous because I could end up being disappointed...

I didn't really have any friends left at highschool. I had the same problem as nev72, they hung out without me and I was just sort of walking behind them but I had nowhere to go. But this year I finished highschool so I don't see all these people anymore and I started university last month, so I'm finally doing what I want to do (properly studying languages) and met lots of new people and I hope they'll become real friends and not "friends".

The highlight of the year was definitely seeing Coldplay live for the first time, in London, my favourite city ever, and meeting so many awesome people there. I never felt so 'in the right place, with the right people' as there. :heart: But just like last year, I feel like next year is going to be even better. Both of my favourite bands will (hopefully!) release a new album, which (hopefully! <- I'm looking at you, Coldplay :mean: ) means a new tour and I can't wait to see them live again, I live for concerts haha

It was better than last year, that's for sure.

At the end of the year I always have the feeling that the next one is going to be better & I think that's a bit dangerous because I could end up being disappointed...

I didn't really have any friends left at highschool. I had the same problem as nev72, they hung out without me and I was just sort of walking behind them but I had nowhere to go. But this year I finished highschool so I don't see all these people anymore and I started university last month, so I'm finally doing what I want to do (properly studying languages) and met lots of new people and I hope they'll become real friends and not "friends".

The highlight of the year was definitely seeing Coldplay live for the first time, in London, my favourite city ever, and meeting so many awesome people there. I never felt so 'in the right place, with the right people' as there. :heart: But just like last year, I feel like next year is going to be even better. Both of my favourite bands will (hopefully!) release a new album, which (hopefully! <- I'm looking at you, Coldplay :mean: ) means a new tour and I can't wait to see them live again, I live for concerts haha

whats the other band? muse?

For me it has beel bleh and awesome so far

bleh was finishing high school, yeah it should be awesome but I never felt really accepted in that school. It only started during our Italy trip in April, which was awesome by the way: seeing places and such.

But I've never looked forward to prom, I didn't want to go at first until my friend said she would go with me.

Now the awesome parts were (yeah I remember only them because they were good): celebrating new year with my friends, I'll never forget that night, it was incredible!

Meeting Colin Baker and going to my first convention, addjaogaiohgaugfbk I met the sixth Doctor :wacky: :awesome:

Being done with high school, YES FINALLY

July was a month with a lot of feelings, I had to work but also start to say goodbye to everyone.

Then I left for my exchange year to the Faroe Islands in August and so far it has been absolutly great! Yes there were times I was crying because I miss my family, friends and all my animals (it's hard to live without animals if you're used to have them around)

I've made a lot of friends here and I'm hoping I will keep in contact with them for much longer as this year here, also I'm glad it's finally autumnholiday, time to catch some sleep :p

- In late winter I started to talk more with Coldplay fans here and in facebook. So my english is improving. But it's still a big mess lol

- The most boring 17th birthday ever.

- My brother became a father, so we have a little happiness in our family :awesome:

- Went to Estonia and spend one nice week with my cousin :wacky:

- My very first festival (most important here was band HIM) :heart:

- More drawing, more, more...

- Went to Denmark by student exchange - great experience.

- Made better relationships with some of my friends (including my ex-bestfriend)

- From tomorrow I'm going to learn driving theory.

- And actually started loving myself..

• 2 weeks later...

2014 has, by all means, been the year of fitting into myself for the first time. Last year was a bundle of nerves and first-time experiences that came with moving out to a totally foreign area, by myself. But even as soon as the first week of January, I was really expanding out of my comfort zone and branching out to things I just never cared to do before. Without sounding like I have a huge ego, I really feel good about myself nowadays. Unlike everyone else I graduated with, I got the fuck out of Texas and started living on my own in a state where I knew one person. It's a fantastic feeling and though I'm only 21, all my experiences in only ten months make me feel older.

That, and my dumb idiot car finally died.

I don't expect anyone to read this, but I think it might benefit me to write a bit.

The past 12 months have been... life altering. In October last year my mother died from acute leukemia 51 years of age. (I'm 21). She was hospitalized with what turned out to be Pneumonia but very soon it was discovered there was more.

She died after just two weeks at the hospital - leukemia does that. I have three younger siblings - the youngest was 15 at the time. We all had to be stronger than it should ever be expected of anyone, including my dad.

The days at the hospital still haunt all of us. Seeing our mom like that, trying to help her the best we could well knowing it wasn't enough. Sleeping over alone at the hospital and waking up in the middle of the night because she needed help. Receiving good news and bad news, never knowing what to think, yet there was always this sense that there was only one way out.

Right now I'm listening to Here With Me by The Killers and it's almost a bit too much.

After mom died a lot of things have happened. I was on a trip to Ghana. I moved away from the friends I lived with and back in with my family. Now I've moved into my own apartment. My family and I have come closer to each other and the rest of our family.

In a way things are ok but I need them to be better. I need to not feel like I'm standing on the edge of destruction. I need a really close friend - someone who loves me and wants to share the deepest of their thoughts with me, and I'd do the same in return. I need to know there's hope for me and my family - including my mom. I hope the next 12 months will get me closer to that.

Very very sorry to hear that. Trust me, there's hope for everyone. Just don't let this bring you down, you and your siblings have to be brave and do your best, do it for your mom, she wouldn't like you to be sad.

I had to say this because your comment touched me when I read it. My best wishes to you and your family! :)

Now, the main topic: my thoughts about 2014.

I think it's been a great year, my dad managed to stay in his work for another 5 years so that's great! My mom was also promoted so my parents are happy. Moreover, they've bought a lawn so maybe next year they'll start to build a new house and we'll move to that place (which is also a better place! :D)

This is also my last year of school! I'm excited to go to college, but I'm also sad because I'll miss my friends A LOT, and I'm not going to be in the classes with my best friend, so that makes me really sad. Hopefully, we'll stay in contact by internet. I'm also really excited for the prom night. I'm sure it will be one of the most memorable nights of my life!

Next month I'm turning 17, and next year I'll be 18! Wow, time passes so fast... My mom wants me to go abroad and work, so I can get some money to help them pay things, so I'm hoping to go to Europe in January-February 2016.

And another thing, I LOVE Ghost Stories, one of my favorite albums by Coldplay. I really hope they'll release a new album next year, together with my other two favorite bands: Muse and Radiohead (although the last one isn't confirmed). Oh, and also Imagine Dragons, I have high hopes for them.

I'm also getting to know Kodaline, I think it's a really good band, and it reminds me of Coldplay so, I really like it!

Regarding the lows; my aunt is suffering from arthritis, which is a very painful disease, sometimes I hear her cry, I really hope she gets better.

Also, I tried to get a scolarship for a college in my city, but I didn't manage to get it, so that's a big dissapointment, but it's not the end of the world, I will try to help my parents to pay my studies.

All in all, it's been a great year so far, and I really hope this year and next remain like this, or maybe something special can happen... who knows? maybe Coldplay or another good band giving a concert in/near my country next year? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Very very sorry to hear that. Trust me, there's hope for everyone. Just don't let this bring you down, you and your siblings have to be brave and do your best, do it for your mom, she wouldn't like you to be sad.

I had to say this because your comment touched me when I read it. My best wishes to you and your family! :)

That was very kind of you. Thanks. :)