🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Crowded House

noni

One of the best bands in the music history. My opinion, of course.

They're one of my fave bands since years ago. I think their music is sweet, honest, elegant and close.

It's a pity they split up a few years ago because they were talented. I'd love to see them live. But I had the good luck to be in a little private acoustic gig of Neil Finn, when he released his first solo album.

I talked to him and explained him how much I loved the band and his music. He seemed very nice and grateful... :D

So, anyone here like them? :smug:

Better Be Home Soon

Written By N. Finn

Somewhere deep inside

Something's got a hold on you

And it's pushing me aside

See it stretch on forever

I know I'm right

For the first time in my life

That's why I tell you

You'd better be home soon

Stripping back the coats

Of lies and deceiption

Back to nothingness

Like a week in the desert

I know I'm right

That's why I tell you

So don't say no, don't say nothing's wrong

'Cause when you get back home maybe I'll be gone

When the nights go down

When you've had your fill

When there's nothing left

It would cause me pain

If we were to end it

But I could start again

You can depend on it

I know I'm right

That's why I tell you

That's why I tell you

I like crowded house! :) I saw them live when I was about 9. They played a concert in a park over here :cool: They were good.....well from what I remember oh and weather with you is one of the happiest songs ever!!! :P

Oooooh, you're a lucky lucky girl, Fi!!! And you saw them when you were just 9... woooow!! :D

Aaaah yeah, Weather with you is a classic!! :smug:

Everywhere you goooooo, you always take the weather with you, everywhere you go, you always take the weatheeeeeer...

Agreed. We should incorporate that song into our wedding.

Seriously, that is one of my favorite songs ever.

Every day I go out and try to catch the deluge in a paper cup.

"Something So Strong," off the same album, is a fun song, too.

I'm happy to see there's a Crowded House thread ...

Now if only somebody would start a Mean Without Hats thread ...

"The name of the band was The Human Race"

• 2 years later...

OK I gotta bump this....

Crowded House is one of my fav bands ever! Neil Finn is so incredibly talented, and written some truly beautiful songs. It was so sad about the tragic death of the drummer Paul Hester back in 2005. Even after Crowded House I used to watch him host the Music Max Sessions on Australian pay tv :( Recently a DVD and a CD of the last concert they ever did back in 1996, which took place on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, came out couple of months ago but I havent got it yet. I've got a lot of favourite songs, Distant Sun, Better Be Home Soon, World Where You Live, Fall At Your Feet....thats to name a few.

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=180983

Crowded House reunion not yet confirmed

The much-hyped reunion of Australian music sensation Crowded House has yet to be confirmed, but already the band's former agent is hoping to join the team.

Sam Righi, who was Crowded House's agent from its 80s debut through to the farewell concert in 1996, has welcomed speculation the band will reform for a world tour this year.

He hopes to join the "old team" back on the road if the tour goes ahead.

"If they're going to get the old team together they may as well get the same agent together, the same manager - the same band," Righi told AAP.

Record label EMI has declined to comment on reports the band will regroup, saying no plans are set.

"I'm aware of the rumours, but there's nothing confirmed," a spokeswoman said.

Newspaper reports say frontman Neil Finn and bass player Nick Seymour are auditioning drummers in Melbourne to replace Paul Hester, who committed suicide in 2004.

Julia Connolly, a spokeswoman for Finn's office, told a New Zealand newspaper that further auditions are planned in Auckland and Los Angeles.

"At the moment, they're just working at getting the band together," she said.

"Something's formally coming out once the band is in place."

Righi said fans would relish the chance to see the band belt out their hit favourites again, including Don't Dream It's Over, Better Be Home Soon and Weather With You.

"I think it'd be fantastic, there's definitely a market out there worldwide for Crowded House," he said.

"Neil Finn in his own right means something worldwide ... but his biggest success ever was with Crowded House.

"They're a great band, they were great fun to work with and very successful and I couldn't see how the fans wouldn't want to hear those songs again."

Coincidentally, the LA Times has reported that Crowded House is among a number of bands expected to be named this week to appear at a major American music festival.

The newspaper said the band was expected to perform at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in Indio, California, in late April.

Crowded house formed in Melbourne in 1985.

They split in an emotional farewell performance at the Sydney Opera House in 1996.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...