✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying iOS app (To be released on May 3rd)

Sparky

Hi all. Unfortunately, the Coldplaying iOS app has been rejected by Apple. It's the second time it's been rejected and each time it's taken 2 weeks to be review by Apple (compare that to 4-5 hours for Google/Android!). First time was required additional information then the most recent one was because of features they didn't want on the app (such as articles and downloads), the graphics (because of the artwork in the background) and the name 'Coldplaying'.

I'm going to make edits and then submit it again. Then i'll appeal if they reject the app name again. They are telling me that I need to prove that I own the patent for 'Coldplay' to use it even partially in the app name and that I should use the app name, 'GreatApp - Coldplay edition' or 'GreatApp - Coldplay version' instead!

So, I can't guarantee that Coldplaying will have an app for iOS as it's out of my hands. Ideally, we want to be on all platforms but might end up being Android only.

Android is a perfect platform for the site as Google is supportive, quick and easy for the site. The BETA version is currently available on the Google play store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.coldplayingcomforum&hl=en_GB

They are telling me that I need to prove that I own the patent for 'Coldplay' to use it even partially in the app name

I should use the app name, 'GreatApp - Coldplay edition' or 'GreatApp - Coldplay version' instead!

I would say that that support person is a monkey, but that horrible logic would mean it would be an insult to monkeys.

Perfect example of why Coldplay should NOT have associated themselves with this piece-of-crap marketing company in the first place.

I know ppl love to drag on Apple, but I would say that Apple is actually the best marketing company. What other company can convince the general public that their inferior product is better than others?

I actually own apple products (as well as android ones), there are some things Apple does well (marketing, ease of use for the common folk) but stuff like their app policy isn't one of their high notes.

I'm an Apple user (also Android), and I have no idea that the company is very strict about launching apps.

Probably bring Steve Jobs back to life and solve this problem?

The problem was around even when Steve was here iirc.

Well I'm sorry to hear that, but the Apple hate right now is kind of ridiculous. Hopefully it will get approved soon!

Agreed, I'm no apple fanboy, and I get that its cool to hate apple, but there's no doubt there are some things they do very well, and some things they don't do well. Y'know, like EVERY OTHER THING ON THE PLANET

• 4 weeks later...

Some good news - the app is ready to be released! Using the name 'CPing', still surprised it's accepted (after about 2 months :/ ):o Will launch it tomorrow if all goes well, just some updates on the forum/server side.