✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about the future of Coldplay?

hansnl

Ehhhh I think they might try to slowly come back in by dropping a few hints after the hiatus and silencing themselves for a bit to build the anticipation and then springing out, cause hype is gonna draw in people. They're gonna start a new album cycle and I feel like they may go back in the pop route again but put a new spin on it to some degree, since they can experiment but I doubt they'll span too far for their standards of experimentation unless something motivates them to go to viva level experimental again (cause back then they really needed a kick for that). Then again they have a lot more self confidence than they've ever really had at this point and just want to do what they want to do, so we may get something a little "off". They could be a little more daring with more power and control over their own career and influences. Also because of Chris's rather philosophical pursuit of mindfulness and stuff we might get ideas related to the true nature of life and wise reflection- like an old sage- rather than just sappy love, adventurous hope and intense optimism or extreme over analyzing of the unknown and tension, because now they've settled down too.

It's pretty farfetched but if they last long enough I wonder if they'll be put in (or at least nominated) for the rock and roll hall of fame in the future. I know it's usually reserved for legends with greater musical influence (and maybe integrity) but since the relative standard of music shifts constantly, decades from now I feel like it's a possibility.

But sometimes the dumbest acts get nominated for the RRHOF, like Rhianna and Janet Jackson, so if they can get nominated, Coldplay most certainly can be! Plus, look at their success - CP has been the biggest act in the world for an assload of time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic