✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think about the future of Coldplay?

hansnl

I feel like the boys have had an amazing career but there is only so much they can do. There's only so much good music they can produce before it begins to sound similar and maybe even boring for want of a better word. The fact that they have said that AHFOD is the end of something is a bit worrying but fair play to them. They've done so well and I love them to pieces but I just can't see them doing a lot after the current album and the tour next year. Maybe they'll want to focus on their personal lives as they are getting older. I'm not calling them old by the way haha. It's so strange to think that Parachutes was released in 2000 when I would have been 10 years old, and now they've brought out their current album, I've just turned 26! That's one long career! Long live Coldplay, four people who make me incredibly happy! x

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS I feel was an intimate album that somehow got released, because coldplay are coldplay. A solo artist releasing a love album like that probably wouldn't get anywhere.

What you've just written reminds me of Sam Smith (who I just so happen to be listening to right now)-An artist writing a love album. Although it is very different from Ghost Stories and he is incredibly cute, a reason why he may be so popular (As are Chris, Jonny, Will, and in my eyes the hottest member, Guy!) x

Hello my dear Coldplayer,

first of all please get to know me as one of you to understand what needs to come next...my proposal for the future.

I started to be a Fan in 2001. The masterpiece AROBTTH just blew my mind away. It was love at first sight when I downloaded some songs at a file sharing service. I cannot remember if it was napster or kaaza. Since then I have visited six concerts from four different eras, I bought shirts, other merchandise and watched maybe more than two hundred youtube clips apart from the documentaries. Before any new release I posted countless comments on facebook and other social media websides ...I promoted almost every album more than the band itself. In my all time favorites since 1986 on spotify (I'm almost 30 now) which took me more than one year the boys own 18 songs. It has become my ritual to buy every album on the release date. I can call every album, EP and DVD my own. The album which I prefer the most is without a doubt AROBTTH. This one will never be put down from the throne. I can consider Coldplay as the band of my life. They went through the highest highs and the lowest lows with me.

Please see my personnel ranking below...

1. AROBTTH

2. X&Y

3. Parachutes

4. Viva

5. Mylo Xyloto

6. Ghost Stories

7. AHFOD

MY COLDPLAY FUTURE:

-I hope coldplay will record the next album in a garage like the Foos!

-Time for a heavy hard rock/pop coldplay album, riffs and drums. More bad ass drums please!

-No autotunes, just pure clear coldplay sound strait forward.

-No collaborations any more...

PLEASE JOIN MY ALL TIME FAVORITES SINCE 1986 ON SPOTIFY...maybe you get my point of view after listing.

[MEDIA=spotify]path=user%2Fmaalro86%2Fplaylist%2F51SA8BCYdfCbFFWTLYgTpi[/MEDIA]

...I would be happy if someone adds my playlist.

• Like 2

No autotune? I don't think they use autotune, maybe vocoders but that's more of a stylistic thing

Yeah they don't do autotunes, but they do use a hell of a lot backing tracks and pre recorded backing vocals, which at times, also disturbs me.

• Like 1

They should take a 5 year hiatus to reinvent and think over their mistakes of working with sata.... *cough* I mean Stargate. I hope Chris (and maybe Will) will do some guest appearances and songwriting during that time. I also hope that Apparatijk becomes active again. They should also release another Singles Vinyl boxset for 2008-2015 and an unreleased tracks album as well.

• Like 1

Yeah they don't do autotunes, but they do use a hell of a lot backing tracks and pre recorded backing vocals, which at times, also disturbs me.

The most disturbing prerecorded backing vocals in a live setting for me are the "every teardrop, every teardrop" vocals from Chris while live Chris at the same time sings "ooohoooo"

The most disturbing prerecorded backing vocals in a live setting for me are the "every teardrop, every teardrop" vocals from Chris while live Chris at the same time sings "ooohoooo"

Yeah, but Jonny and Will are 'singing' that part. I'm convinced they sing these bits, although there is a fair amount of backing track on it as well. Same goes for the all the 'harmony' parts of the 4 of them. Will really sings, Jonny sometimes (but still the volume of the backing track is turned up much louder than their live vocals) , and I feel Guy is just faking it[emoji28] Same goes for Jonny and Guy 'playing' the piano on songs like ASFOS /Magic/HFTW/Viva. Which is in my opinion not necessary, Chris should sit down and play more live, for instance I do not understand why the piano on Amazing Day is a backing track...? He might as well do everything on backing track then, who cares if he jumps around during Clocks [emoji23]

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

Yeah, but Jonny and Will are 'singing' that part. I'm convinced they sing these bits, although there is a fair amount of backing track on it as well. Same goes for the all the 'harmony' parts of the 4 of them. Will really sings, Jonny sometimes (but still the volume of the backing track is turned up much louder than their live vocals) , and I feel Guy is just faking it[emoji28] Same goes for Jonny and Guy 'playing' the piano on songs like ASFOS /Magic/HFTW/Viva.

I've always thought the same things!

I'll tell you one thing a Parachutes part 2 or AROBTTH the sequel is not in the works! Just look at the result that is X&Y in that attempt! I believe they should stick with their new sound to a degree and throw in some of the old magic. Cause let's be honest them going back to their original sound would be a suicidal move musically/artistically. But incorporating it more into their work would be great :)

Not in my opinion. The path they have chosen after Viva was artistically suicidal.

So you expect them to sound the same as when they where in their 20s when they are approaching 40? Also have you ever heard of the artist's dilemma?

So you expect them to sound the same as when they where in their 20s when they are approaching 40? Also have you ever heard of the artist's dilemma?

Yes, I know what you mean. But well, i don't expect them to stick to the exact same sound, but you can also change your sound moderately without throwing everything you have been standing for overboard. Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y all give off completely different vibes when compared to each other, but are still within the same major framework of style. If I like a certain style of music and a certain artist is great at doing this kind of music, then I'd rather this artist keeps doing similar things rather than radically changing its sound just for the sake of having changed it.

• Like 2

Yes, I know what you mean. But well, i don't expect them to stick to the exact same sound, but you can also change your sound moderately without throwing everything you have been standing for overboard. Parachutes, AROBTTH and X&Y all give off completely different vibes when compared to each other, but are still within the same major framework of style. If I like a certain style of music and a certain artist is great at doing this kind of music, then I'd rather this artist keeps doing similar things rather than radically changing its sound just for the sake of having changed it.

Thank you for responding with a well thought out rebuttal. Trust me its hard to find people who will respond beyond Cause they just should. Anyway I believe you make some great points however I truly believe you always want to change/be different from how you were. And that applies to all people from all walks of life. And with them they just wanted to change. Maybe it was to appeal to the masses. Or possibly from their individual lives and their experiences. That and they grew up. Trust me when I was younger I was much different than I am now. I was more confrontational and now Im the middle ground the mediator. Yeah they shouldn't have just thrown away the formula in favor of this new sound. However I think they are just having fun and enjoying themselves. I always think of The Beatles when I think of Coldplay. Not musically to an extent but more toward how they always change. Think of it this way after The Beatles released Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour (Very colorful experimental affairs) they moved onto The White Album (A very original sound stark affair) I think the boys will make a change like that as well. They will look back say well that was a mess and probably try to get back to their roots. Who knows if they continue they might deliver us their Abbey Road some day. But in the mean time the mess they are making is beautiful at some points and intriguing for the most part.

• Like 2

If I like a certain style of music and a certain artist is great at doing this kind of music, then I'd rather this artist keeps doing similar things rather than radically changing its sound just for the sake of having changed it.

Thats totally understandable! But I guess this is what Coldplay have been trying to do, break the genre boundaries so they can play and write what they want, without needing to adhere to any set of rules. I believe Chris even mentioned it in one of the last interviews, about the only rule in AHFOD being "no rules". I dont think they do it for the sake of changing, but simply because they want to incorporate all the music they love, no limitations. So far they have seemed to be able to do good in all the genres they have tried :)

So far I am lucky I like all the directions they have been delving into, though if they go off and do a jazz album or a metal album I am not sure I´ll be able to follow LOL

• Like 2

Think of it this way after The Beatles released Sgt. Peppers and Magical Mystery Tour (Very colorful experimental affairs) they moved onto The White Album (A very original sound stark affair) I think the boys will make a change like that as well.

Thats my bet as well. I think they will change considerably in LP 8.

• Like 1

Thats totally understandable! But I guess this is what Coldplay have been trying to do, break the genre boundaries so they can play and write what they want, without needing to adhere to any set of rules. I believe Chris even mentioned it in one of the last interviews, about the only rule in AHFOD being "no rules". I dont think they do it for the sake of changing, but simply because they want to incorporate all the music they love, no limitations. So far they have seemed to be able to do good in all the genres they have tried :)

So far I am lucky I like all the directions they have been delving into, though if they go off and do a jazz album or a metal album I am not sure I´ll be able to follow LOL

Couldn't agree more my friend :D

• Like 1

Lucky for me, I'd probably give those a go too... Good music is good music :p

Oh I wud give them a go for sure! I have in fact both jazz and metal hehe But Im not sure I could stomach a whole album of it *lol* I agree that good music is everywhere, but especially with jazz and metal there is such a specific sonic mood they set, you either can get into it or not, which I can for a few tracks, but dont think a whole album hehe

"There's good polka and there's bad polka" :)

This is one of Jonny´s most stellar quotes ! haha