✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2015-11-09] Coldplay (Chris & Jonny) talk A Head Full of Dreams on Magic's Green Room

Safy

haven't seen a thread for this one yet. It is hard to keep up with so many interviews..

Coldplay joined Jo Parkerson in the Green Room to discuss the new album 'A Head Full of Dreams'. Along they way they talk Noel Gallagher's struggles with yoga, Beyonce's not-so-backing vocals, and Chris' mindful approach to life.

[video=youtube;vReTHqvOt4Q]

10:14 Seriously? Chris says he has been working harder on the lyrics on the last few albums. :o

I guess he should start trying less again. :laugh3:

Do you ever stop to think that AOAL is a single. Look at "yellow" it does not have great lyrics too, but it fits with the song, the same goes to AOAL. If the whole album goes like AOAL then I agree with you

For me it takes a bit of time to call something 'classic'. Yeah, I'd say Yellow has classic lyrics. But I wouldn't say AofL does, partially because there simply wasn't enough time in between. What i'm getting at is if Yellow were released last Friday instead of AofL, I would be hearing about how its lyrics are 'cheesy' instead of them being classic.

For the record, I don't have a have issue with either set of lyrics.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Best Coldplay lyric I can think of at the moment is:

'People moving all the time inside a perfectly straight line

Don't you want to just curve away?'

But yeah - I can only say the lyrics have become substantially worse (just look at the lyrics A Sky Full Of Stars....seriously? And then there's 'Once upon a time somebody ran away' :s ) over the last couple of albums so therefore I don't really recognise Chris's efforts sadly.

I love all the lyrics of the Viva era but these are among my favourites:

"When the future's architectured

By a carnival of idiots on show

You'd better lie low."

"People talking without speaking

Trying to take what they can get

[...]

Don't you wish that life could be as simple

As fish swimming round in a barrel

When you've got the gun?"