[2016-05-27] Estadi Olímpic, Barcelona, Spain

S.@.m.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

EMERGENCY REQUEST PLEASE HELP!

I am trying to book tickets for the 27th May show and I am from India. And I can only do it using credit cards and neither me nor my friend who is going to attend with me have credit cards of our own. So is it okay if we use a family member's credit card to book the tickets? Because on ticketmaster it says you need to bring the card and it will need to be matched with your id card to get in..

PLEASE HELP. Need to book these tickets ASAP!!!

Thanks in advance!

• 5 months later...

Blog

19:14: “Why is there a flag from a Belgian football club backstage?” asks Kevin. We asked that too. Apparently one of the crew is a big fan.

19:09: Here’s Mr Will Champion, currently engaged in a nailbitingly close table tennis match with a friend. (It looks like he just about has the edge.)

blog-1-16.jpg

19:03: Catering was – as it always is – absolutely delicious. Even just managing to cater for a huge number of crew in a different place every few days must be tough. But to do that and make the food as good – and varied – as you’d get in a great restaurant is just astonishing.

blog-1-15.jpg

blog-2.jpg blog-3.jpg blog-4.jpg blog-5.jpg

blog-6.jpg

18:36: Right, with three hours until show time and the internet being a bit of a diva, now seems a good time to grab a bite to eat. Back soon, with tales from catering…

18:27: Here’s the band’s Head of Security Frostie outside the dressing room. He tells us that his T-shirt is for an up and coming young boxer named Jason Quigley (and Frostie seems like the kind of man who’d be able to spot someone who’s talented at being tough).

blog-1-14.jpg

18:15: Shreya from India emailed to ask what those things are that are getting ventilation. They’re, um… well… you see… in actual fact… let’s just say they’ll be useful when this evening’s male guests have consumed some liquid.

18:14: Someone emailed [email protected] and asked for a photo taken in the dressing room. Someone else asked for a photo of some of the band’s shoes. Two birds, one stone (and three pairs of shoes).

blog-1-13.jpg

18:06: Doors are open!

blog-1-12.jpg blog-1-11.jpg blog-1-10.jpg blog-1-9.jpg

17:50: Well, at least they’re well ventilated…

image-2.jpeg

17:42: Mariano has emailed to ask who painted Mags’ bike. The answer is Richard and Laura from the set design team. (Who are wonderful.)

17:39: This view (in catering at lunchtime) is more expected, given that we’re in the home of the 1992 Olympics.

blog-1-8.jpg

17:36: Unexpected flag in the production area behind the stage…

blog-1-7.jpg

17:25: Fans from even more countries have emailed [email protected]: Croatia, Israel, Slovenia, Dominican Republic, Belarus, Czech Republic, Lebanon and, of course, Spain. That’s 40 countries! Just incredible. Thanks everyone. Oh, and thanks to Brazilian fansite vivacoldplay.com who are apparently translating the blog into Portuguese. And ColdplayCorner.com who are translating into French.

In other news, here’s a photo of the merch stand. (Lots of these available at the Coldplay Store.)

blog-1-4-1.jpg

17:20: Big thanks to Tour Manager extraordinaire Marguerite for letting us share her office today. (She’s convinced we’ve caused the internet issues we’re still having…). Here’s a nice picture of Mags’ #AHFOD bike, which is very handy for getting around stadium venues, which are never short of a lonnnnng corridor or two.

blog-1-3-1.jpg

17:17: A ping pong table on a warm-up running track. Tempting to try and hurdle it. Probably best not.

blog-1-2-1.jpg

17:05: BREAKING! Today’s set times have just been updated:

Doors 6pm

Alessia Clara 7.30pm

Lianne La Havas 8.15pm

Coldplay 9.30pm

16:53: Balloons. Lots of big balloons. Could come in handy later.

blog-1-1-1.jpg

• Like 3

9:51: Apologies for the lengthy gap in service. This is down to two things:

1. Going to take photos of opening act Alessia Cara – who is sounding superb.
  2. Being thrashed (properly *thrashed*) at table tennis by Will Champion.

Let’s focus on #1 and try to forget about #2.

blog-1-17.jpg

blog-4-1.jpg

blog-5-1.jpg

20:40: Slightly struggling to keep up with all your emails to [email protected] (but it’s lovely to get them). Hello to Eija from Finland – pretty sure that’s our first Finn of the day, to add to that enormous list of countries, which you can read further down below…

20:36: Lianne La Havas is warming up the crowd in some style right now. Sounding *really* good.

blog-2-2.jpg blog-4-2.jpg blog-1-21.jpg blog-3-2.jpg blog-5-2.jpg

20:49: Greetings to Gódor, our first Hungarian correspondent of the day, to [email protected]. Trying to think of a country we’ve not had anyone from yet. Iceland?

20:46: Here’s Jonny!* He’s reading a book called Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson, which he tells us is definitely worth reading.

blog-1-22.jpg

Anyone who’s read any of our live blogs over the last decade or so will know that joke is obligatory.

• Like 1

Can someone explain us the joke? It's the first time I follow properly a Live blog

My 2 pence:

"Here's Johnny" is a catchphrase that was used in a few movies and TV show.

Even in the Simpsons.

So he made his own version for Jonny

• Like 1