• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay dedicated ASFOS to this girl's memory

[MEDIA=twitter]743195624770768896[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/SshhwithAshton/status/743195624770768896

[MEDIA=twitter]741373875758456836[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/Elliepembury/status/741373875758456836

I heard about this attempt in social media, nice that they did it !!

another 5 star review

Coldplay, tour review: Kings of the stadium light up Wembley with a dazzling slice of pure Paradise

If anyone chose to put together a list of the seven wonders of the music world, this was surely one of them, says David Smyth

No one needs to be persuaded to put their hands in the air at a Coldplay gig. The band’s light-up wristbands, first handed out on their last stadium tour four years ago, make it irresistible.

If anyone chose to put together a list of the seven wonders of the music world, this is surely one of them: Wembley stadium twinkling like the planet’s biggest Christmas tree as Chris Martin bounds into the vast crowd yet again.

After the subdued break-up album that was Ghost Stories in 2014, the follow-up, A Head Full Of Dreams, saw the band moving on in the boldest way possible. The rainbow colours of its sleeve were echoed in a stage bursting with all the lights, confetti and balloons of the greatest birthday party, and in songs that celebrated life in all its fullness.

There was no room for cynicism amid 80,000 people howling along to Paradise or recent single Adventure Of A Lifetime, audience fireflies doing their part by being there. Sadness was banished, even during a respectful cover of David Bowie’s “Heroes” and Fix You, with its burst of electric guitar colour illuminating a sombre opening. Martin performed with open arms, a wide smile and a Union Jack tucked in his back pocket. Big screen clips of fans from around the globe showed his band’s universal appeal. The wordless uplift of Viva La Vida’s chorus stirred in any language.

chris-martin-coldplay.jpg

Patriotic player: Chris Martin strums his guitar with a Union Jack draped over his face (Steve Gillett/Livepix)

As well as Bowie, the band referenced the recent loss of Muhammad Ali, and their song Magic, from Ghost Stories, performed on a relatively intimate second stage, provided a necessary change of pace. Otherwise it was all bright sparks and puppyish joy. Coldplay are playing more stadium shows in London than anyone else this summer, because no one else is doing this kind of thing better. Long may they shine.

evening standard

• Like 6

Coldplay dedicated ASFOS to this girl's memory

[MEDIA=twitter]743195624770768896[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/SshhwithAshton/status/743195624770768896

[MEDIA=twitter]741373875758456836[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/Elliepembury/status/741373875758456836

i was there - knowing what that was for sent shivers down my spine

to the people who went there - how bad was the tinnitus (aka ringing in the ear) after the show was done ? because i am suffering from it (incurable...) but it has stabilised and its now often really quite - I am just asking if I should get ear plugs or if you guys didn't have any ringings after the show ?

to the people who went there - how bad was the tinnitus (aka ringing in the ear) after the show was done ? because i am suffering from it (incurable...) but it has stabilised and its now often really quite - I am just asking if I should get ear plugs or if you guys didn't have any ringings after the show ?

I wasn't there but I already attended one of their concert this year (front row) I can say the volume was better for me than when I saw them in one of the Mylo Xyloto concerts. That being said I would suggest to get an ear plug anyway because it can get pretty loud.

• 2 weeks later...