✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-01-18] Coldplay announced as NME’s “Godlike Genius” award winners

Captain Crieff

Band to collect award and perform set at the ceremony in London on 17 February

Good afternoon. We’re pleased to announce that Coldplay will be this year’s recipients of the prestigious NME Godlike Genius Award at the NME Awards 2016 with Austin, Texas. The band will be attending on the night to collect the award and perform a career-spanning set.

A special (but very limited) Coldplay allocation of tickets for the ceremony, held at London’s O2 Academy Brixton on 17 February, is on sale now here: http://nme.seetickets.com/event/nme-awards-2016-with-austin-texas/o2-academy-brixton/922516/?offercode=nmecp&direct=true

Speaking of the band’s win, Chris said: “We’re extremely grateful to the NME for giving us this award. It’s a huge honour and it means everything to us as Coldplay would be nothing without the NME. Appearing in the magazine for the first time in 1998 – in the smallest font – was the biggest thing that ever happened to us, and their love and support changed our world. Thank you so much NME.”

Mike Williams, Editor in Chief of NME says: “Coldplay first attended the NME Awards over a decade ago, and since then have gone on to be the biggest band on the planet, so it’s an honour to invite them back as this year’s Godlike Genius. NME were there for the band right at the beginning – our early coverage was instrumental in setting them on their way – and we’ve had a thrilling relationship in the 15 years since. As Coldplay gear up for their biggest year yet – from the Superbowl to Wembley Stadium – it’s fitting that they join the likes of The Cure, Dave Grohl, Blondie and Noel Gallagher in being named NME’s Godlike Genius”

The NME Godlike Genius Award, now in its 22nd year, recognises and celebrates the careers of the most pioneering music icons of our time. Previous Godlike Genius winners include The Clash, Paul Weller, The Cure, Noel Gallagher, Manic Street Preachers, New Order & Joy Division, Dave Grohl, Johnny Marr, U2, Ian Brown and Blondie. Last year’s ceremony saw Suede take home the gong.

Anchorman"

Square-1.png

http://coldplay.com/coldplay-announced-as-nmes-godlike-genius-award-winners/

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/coldplay-take-nme-on-a-studio-tour-of-the-bakery/4720258316001

• Like 2

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really? Well, now I will never forget it, :)

Not sure if this was referring to my post? But yes my birthday is on the February 17. And I almost understood from your post here that you normally forget your birthday? *LOOL* I hope not :laugh4:

Visualise that Coldplay ticket....and....

a90a81ad493af1f73522b8576816f007.gif

• Like 1