✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[Research] Coldplay fans display relatively high IQ/intelligence to other artists

gai

Kanye fans least intelligent; Swift, Sia and Coldplay score big

sia2-36285.jpg Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Sia

The Australian branch of career search company The Job Factory surveyed 498 former clients using an IQ test, and at the end of the assessment simply asked which popular musician they preferred from a list of 10.

There were 25 questions in all.

The findings, although not indicative of a potential employee’s usefulness, can determine if job seekers are good at problem solving skills, the company said in a statement.

Craig Binny, director of Job Factory, said, "While judging a potential employee based on their favourite singer is not really a good way to pick staff, it is another useful tool that employers could use as part of an extensive interview process."

The results named Kanye West fans as having the lowest IQ scores with 86 being the average. Both the United States and Australia share an average IQ score of 98 among their populations while the U.K average is 100.

"Kanye is often considered to be a bit of a goose, and it's not surprising that his fans have got a few kangaroos loose in the top paddock,” Binny said. “Employers need stable and rational employees, so they might be wiser to skip the Kanye West groupies and look for someone who prefers Adele, Ed Sheeran or Sia. Taylor Swift fans are also brighter with an average IQ of 99.”

He adds, “Adele is always polite and intelligent and seems to attract the same type of people as fans."

There were many Kanye fans who scored high, but overall it was Adele, Coldplay, Sia and Ed Sheeran listeners who achieved over 100 points on their tests.

"Someone who does not persevere with the test may be the type of person that would give up or struggle with difficult tasks at work," said Binny. "Someone who forgives or overlooks Kanye's ignorant, sexist or crazy comments because his tunes sound good might be the type of person who would not strive to project the best image for their employer company."

Here is a list of the artists test takers had to choose from followed by their average scores on the IQ test:

Justin Bieber: 94

Beyonce: 96

Taylor Swift: 99

Adele: 105

Coldplay: 102

One Direction: 94

Kanye West: 86

Rihanna: 96

Sia: 101

Ed Sheeran: 102

COUNTRY AVERAGES:

Australian/USA average: 98

New Zealand average: 99

UK average: 100

WHAT THE RESULTS MEAN

40 – 54: Severely challenged (Less than 1% of test takers)

55 - 69: Challenged (2.3% of test takers)

70 - 84: Below average

85 - 114: Average (68% of test takers)

115 - 129: Above average

130 - 144: Gifted (2.3% of test takers)

145 - 159: Genius (Less than 1% of test takers)

160 - 175: Extraordinary genius

source

• Like 4

Hahaha what a dumb article, really really dumb. Articles like that reinforces the posers hipsters "fans" to continues to act like they are above the world because they listen indie/alt music and hate all things pop while pretend how cool and intelligent they are because they don't like certain things the majority like. But for me is just a big waste of time and a superficial way of being.

• Like 1

Hahaha I mean, I will take it, but this is really dumb. It pretty much just bashes Kanye, who, last time I checked, is WAY more creative with his music than Coldplay, Ed Sheeran, and Adele.

If anything this article is kinda disturbing that it is profiling employees based on their taste in music. And as much as I love Coldplay, they are basically pitting white bread music against Kanye's Hip-hop African American, and abrasive music.

In conclusion, Coldplay fans are the best in the world...but liking Kanye West and hip-hop which most people assume to be "sexist" doesn't make you stupid. I adore Kanye's entire discography, and like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent person. :artist:

• 2 weeks later...

... It reminds me of this other bs study about the intelligence of certain fans of certain music, pinning rap music and r and b as the lowest and alt rock and classical as the highest. (It was more due to level of education in that case, invalidating the whole study) but regardless the premise is the same. In the end, you listen to what you grow up around. I know highly intelligent people that listen to 5 seconds of summer, kpop and other things you wouldn't expect them to listen to. Music is an escape for the mind, and feeling is often preferred over complexity, since you wouldn't want something that's technically good, but has no feeling. And the average intel is around 100 I think, so no one in this study is exceptionally brilliant.

Maybe highly intelligent people are more likely to be open minded to more types of music?

I'm more interested in learning about the band members themselves, since artists are the ones actually thinking here. I expect them to be smarter than all of us.