✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-28] Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH

jc90

this. haha! "i don't know what the fuck i'm doing will"

Love it how Chris cared about the fans'views and "fought" for them being allowed to watch from their standing positions, but at the same time did not want to openly attack the security guy and apologized and shook hands with him !

Let me start by saying that I love Coldplay. I consider myself very lucky to have seen them multiple times. (Can you hear the, "However" coming?) However, I was really disappointed when I saw their first show at MetLife Stadium in NJ, and it didn't have as much to do with the band, though it sort of did, as with the management of the seats and tickets. When the tickets first went on sale, I had trouble with the browser and about 9 minutes into the sale, all good floor seats (except VIP and second tier VIP) were gone. At that point, we did not know that a second show would be added. Desperate, I bought four second tier VIP tickets. I was excited because the original design of the runway with B and C stages curved, and our seats were shown as being right beside the runway. I saw that previous shows at the start of the tour on other continents had a straight runway, but I hoped they would stay with the design that was shown for U.S. shows. I learned on the day of the show that the runway was not going to curve and that VIPNation had created a new section between ours and the runway. So instead of being next to it, we were a section and about 10 more seats away. The irony is that the newly released tickets were not sold at second tier VIP prices but at regular prices for the section, yet we spent thousands of dollars to be further away from the runway. As I said at the top, I love Coldplay and I was happy to be there. But for the first time ever, I can't say that the tickets were worth the money spent. I am going to one of the Philly concerts and the seats I purchased are at the back, so I don't expect to have a better view with which to take photos, but at least I know I paid a fair price. Sorry to rant, and I hesitated to post anything, but I'm sure there are others who were similarly disappointed. Also, if the future shows had the same runway design and seating chart that was available for the NJ and PA shows, then be forewarned.

I hear you, and also bought 2 of the less expensive VIP tickets for Aug 21 at the Rose Bowl. The original seating chart shows we are in Row 11, but the way the center stage curves out, it's actually Row 8, right in the center of the stage. It looks like, from what I've seen from the new seating chart that the new ramp will go right where our seats should be. I'm going to be really pissed if our seats become worse, especially after spending $1000 for the 2 tickets. We also have 4 seats on the floor, near where the long stage curves, that our kids and their friends will be in and I know those will need to change as well. I tried calling TM a few days ago about changing seats early, but they were clueless. And I have a friend who bought 2 VIP tickets on the left side of the stage, right next to where that short stage came out and her seats were the only 2 in that row, between the stage and center aisle. She's going to be REALLY disappointed with the new set up...And she is traveling cross country for this show...I know it's Coldplay, and it's going to be amazing, but still...

I hear you, and also bought 2 of the less expensive VIP tickets for Aug 21 at the Rose Bowl. The original seating chart shows we are in Row 11, but the way the center stage curves out, it's actually Row 8, right in the center of the stage. It looks like, from what I've seen from the new seating chart that the new ramp will go right where our seats should be. I'm going to be really pissed if our seats become worse, especially after spending $1000 for the 2 tickets. We also have 4 seats on the floor, near where the long stage curves, that our kids and their friends will be in and I know those will need to change as well. I tried calling TM a few days ago about changing seats early, but they were clueless. And I have a friend who bought 2 VIP tickets on the left side of the stage, right next to where that short stage came out and her seats were the only 2 in that row, between the stage and center aisle. She's going to be REALLY disappointed with the new set up...And she is traveling cross country for this show...I know it's Coldplay, and it's going to be amazing, but still...

We were out $2000 for four tickets. Our row was 15 but the rows were pushed back and further stage right and again, a section of about 20 seats was inserted in between us and the runway. Really, really disappointed. Especially when I found out that the new tickets that were released were not charged at tier 1 or tier2 prices but at regular price and were better seats. They could have contacted VIP ticket holders as they did with other info, to ask if we wanted to trade up. Btw those that were displaced by the new design did get good seats. They were in parts of the new seats that were added. So you should be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were out $2000 for four tickets. Our row was 15 but the rows were pushed back and further stage right and again, a section of about 20 seats was inserted in between us and the runway. Really, really disappointed. Especially when I found out that the new tickets that were released were not charged at tier 1 or tier2 prices but at regular price and were better seats. They could have contacted VIP ticket holders as they did with other info, to ask if we wanted to trade up. Btw those that were displaced by the new design did get good seats. They were in parts of the new seats that were added. So you should be okay.

I think the tour (Live Nation) should have done more about this. At my venue, when something like this happens, we always move people to better seats if it is possible. In this case, it was certainly possible, given all the tickets that were made available at the last minute (seats that did not exist previously on the old map, or were held until production loaded in and the chairs were placed on the floor).

Since this affects the whole tour, I don't think the venue or Ticketmaster could have done more. Live Nation coordinates with Coldplay on the stage design, then sends Ticketmaster the template, and then Ticketmaster "builds" the show. Especially on a large scale tour like Coldplay. Live Nation is responsible for the seating chart screwup, but of course, good luck trying to reach someone there.

I think the tour (Live Nation) should have done more about this. At my venue, when something like this happens, we always move people to better seats if it is possible. In this case, it was certainly possible, given all the tickets that were made available at the last minute (seats that did not exist previously on the old map, or were held until production loaded in and the chairs were placed on the floor).

Since this affects the whole tour, I don't think the venue or Ticketmaster could have done more. Live Nation coordinates with Coldplay on the stage design, then sends Ticketmaster the template, and then Ticketmaster "builds" the show. Especially on a large scale tour like Coldplay. Live Nation is responsible for the seating chart screwup, but of course, good luck trying to reach someone there.

Because we had VIP tix, I had a number for a VIPNation "host" and he returned call but the bottom line was "tough luck."

Because we had VIP tix, I had a number for a VIPNation "host" and he returned call but the bottom line was "tough luck."

Forgot to add that he said the band changed the production design and they followed the new design and opened up extra seats. I won't belabor this anymore but an email inferring a chance to upgrade our seats would have been within their means and greatly appreciated.