✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-28] Nationwide Arena, Columbus, OH

jc90

Good evening. We are very pleased to announce that the band will perform 12 U.S. arena shows alongside this summer’s U.S. stadium tour. Tickets for the new arena dates go on general sale at 10am local time on Friday, April 15 from Ticketmaster (apart from Detroit, which will be on sale at 10am on Saturday, April 16).

We’re also very happy to confirm that singer-songwriter Alessia Cara will be the main support at all the U.S. shows, with Foxes opening at all of the shows between July 16 and August 6.

Section 216. Trying to balance budget with wanting to be close, budget won out haha.

That's great! I also wanted something in the 200s at the concert I am going to, but the only ones on sale were 100s and 300s

• 3 months later...

I have been watching on Periscope.

Everglow: Chris stopped the song. Does anyone know why? (the Periscope connection hung just after that)

My favorite moments:

Amazing day: Jonny played something wrong and Chris said "I"ve heard that Jonny but it' s ok" [emoji1]

ASFOS: Berrytin moment

• Like 1

Request song: Til Kingdom Come

Also played Trouble and Don't Panic on C stage.

And Chris played a part of a song that I thought was Have I told you lately (Van Morrison) but the lyrics seemed different so I'm not sure

Let me start by saying that I love Coldplay. I consider myself very lucky to have seen them multiple times. (Can you hear the, "However" coming?) However, I was really disappointed when I saw their first show at MetLife Stadium in NJ, and it didn't have as much to do with the band, though it sort of did, as with the management of the seats and tickets. When the tickets first went on sale, I had trouble with the browser and about 9 minutes into the sale, all good floor seats (except VIP and second tier VIP) were gone. At that point, we did not know that a second show would be added. Desperate, I bought four second tier VIP tickets. I was excited because the original design of the runway with B and C stages curved, and our seats were shown as being right beside the runway. I saw that previous shows at the start of the tour on other continents had a straight runway, but I hoped they would stay with the design that was shown for U.S. shows. I learned on the day of the show that the runway was not going to curve and that VIPNation had created a new section between ours and the runway. So instead of being next to it, we were a section and about 10 more seats away. The irony is that the newly released tickets were not sold at second tier VIP prices but at regular prices for the section, yet we spent thousands of dollars to be further away from the runway. As I said at the top, I love Coldplay and I was happy to be there. But for the first time ever, I can't say that the tickets were worth the money spent. I am going to one of the Philly concerts and the seats I purchased are at the back, so I don't expect to have a better view with which to take photos, but at least I know I paid a fair price. Sorry to rant, and I hesitated to post anything, but I'm sure there are others who were similarly disappointed. Also, if the future shows had the same runway design and seating chart that was available for the NJ and PA shows, then be forewarned.

Yeah Dallas still has the same diagram.. I'm sure it will be changed days before the show.. Not too cool since I have VIP seats and like you, I will be further from the hand as expected. I'm going to give ticketmaster a call as soon as I see the change so I can change my seats.

The original diagram looked so cool. We were primed to have great vantage points of all three stages. Also, I had a special guest and when we arrived, we ran into her agent who was sitting in row 4 and paid much less than we did because of the newly released tickets. I called VIP Nation but they basically said tough luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this. haha! "i don't know what the fuck i'm doing will"

Ah thanks.

The Periscope started again after he said something about seats and I was so confused. I though someone had tried to get on stage again.

But he was just arranging the seating while playing. Such a multi talented man. [emoji1]

Let me start by saying that I love Coldplay. I consider myself very lucky to have seen them multiple times. (Can you hear the, "However" coming?) However, I was really disappointed when I saw their first show at MetLife Stadium in NJ, and it didn't have as much to do with the band, though it sort of did, as with the management of the seats and tickets. When the tickets first went on sale, I had trouble with the browser and about 9 minutes into the sale, all good floor seats (except VIP and second tier VIP) were gone. At that point, we did not know that a second show would be added. Desperate, I bought four second tier VIP tickets. I was excited because the original design of the runway with B and C stages curved, and our seats were shown as being right beside the runway. I saw that previous shows at the start of the tour on other continents had a straight runway, but I hoped they would stay with the design that was shown for U.S. shows. I learned on the day of the show that the runway was not going to curve and that VIPNation had created a new section between ours and the runway. So instead of being next to it, we were a section and about 10 more seats away. The irony is that the newly released tickets were not sold at second tier VIP prices but at regular prices for the section, yet we spent thousands of dollars to be further away from the runway. As I said at the top, I love Coldplay and I was happy to be there. But for the first time ever, I can't say that the tickets were worth the money spent. I am going to one of the Philly concerts and the seats I purchased are at the back, so I don't expect to have a better view with which to take photos, but at least I know I paid a fair price. Sorry to rant, and I hesitated to post anything, but I'm sure there are others who were similarly disappointed. Also, if the future shows had the same runway design and seating chart that was available for the NJ and PA shows, then be forewarned.

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. It's not just the ticket prices, but I have to fly in for the show since they don't have any in the city I'm at. I understand your disappointment. But I prefer the tier seats anyway to floor seats because the prices of tickets closest to the runway/stage were sky high. Still I did pay more than the price it should have been for first tier VIP. The only consolation is that the show was sold out by the time the stage design came to light. So I don't think the prices were lowered for the section.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat. It's not just the ticket prices, but I have to fly in for the show since they don't have any in the city I'm at. I understand your disappointment. But I prefer the tier seats anyway to floor seats because the prices of tickets closest to the runway/stage were sky high. Still I did pay more than the price it should have been for first tier VIP. The only consolation is that the show was sold out by the time the stage design came to light. So I don't think the prices were lowered for the section.

I think that when they opened up new seats after removing the curve in the runway, they charged same price as for non VIP tickets. So for $1,000 extra, we got a poster and a water bottle each. I thought I had previously replied but don't see it posted, so let me add that on night if show, one of our guests is an actress and she ran into her agent who had secured Row 4 seats for regular price, not VIP, from lot that had opened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favorite part of this show was Chris stopping the whole thing (like he is known to do), during Everglow because he could hear the CSC security guy at the B-Stage yelling at people to return to their seats. Chris stopped everything and said "sorry to be a dick, but can you please do that later?" and then talked for 1-2 minutes before fist-pumping the security guy while the crowd was cheering and then going back to the music. It was hilarious :)

And then, the O-H!! I-O!!! chants at the end of the show when Chris prompted it. He always finds a way to have fun at every show.

• Like 3

Hi all - I have a question about the C-stage at this show. Does anyone know exactly what section it was set up in (it looks like 106 or 107)? And was it IN the seats (like in the first few rows) or in front of the section, but raised up off of the floor? I found a youtube video of it, but I can't quite tell. I'm looking at tickets for Pittsburgh, and found a couple that could be really close, but I just wanted to get an idea before I make a selection. If anyone knows the section, I can figure it out through seating charts. Thanks so much and happy to hear it was a great show!

Hi all - I have a question about the C-stage at this show. Does anyone know exactly what section it was set up in (it looks like 106 or 107)? And was it IN the seats (like in the first few rows) or in front of the section, but raised up off of the floor? I found a youtube video of it, but I can't quite tell. I'm looking at tickets for Pittsburgh, and found a couple that could be really close, but I just wanted to get an idea before I make a selection. If anyone knows the section, I can figure it out through seating charts. Thanks so much and happy to hear it was a great show!

If I had to venture an educated guess it would be in Section 104 in Pittsburgh. And it's about 25-50% of the way up in the section itself.