✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting.

4 hours ago, CP-EST said:

It's quite crazy love people are showing at the concerts. That's what matters 🙂 

Still, in my eyes everyone has their right for opinion though, as long as it's respectful and not having hateful tone.

Completely agree.

Just three considerations:

1) Coldplay seem to seek a performance that is as close as possible to what one hears on the studio album. They generally do not allow any other musician on stage, so obviously they will have to rely on a lot of backing tracks (including vocal tracks).

2) Their shows are among the most iconic and spectacular nowadays, but also among the most expensive. Their standing tickets are currently more than twice the price of those for arena acts like Arcade Fire or Bon Iver.

3) Most concertgoers are ordinary people just looking for fun and a great time, rather than hardcore fans like many of us. They get exactly what they expect and the band seems to focus more and more on the general audience.

This is just to show how there are good reasons to support either point of view, concerning their use of pre recorded tracks.

Personally, I think that a live performance should be as live as possible. If this implies completely reworking the songs or employing touring members so much the better. That should really give people a good reason to buy the live album, i.e. to get a unique performance that is different from what they already have on the studio album.

That's why to me the most interesting part of the current show is the C-stage, where the band truly shines for its chemistry and music prevails over visuals. However, as I said, that's not what most of the audience wants from Coldplay, so I represent a really small minority among fans.

Edited by TheLostColdplayer

21 hours ago, TheLostColdplayer said:

Completely agree.

Just three considerations:

1) Coldplay seem to seek a performance that is as close as possible to what one hears on the studio album. They generally do not allow any other musician on stage, so obviously they will have to rely on a lot of backing tracks (including vocal tracks).

2) Their shows are among the most iconic and spectacular nowadays, but also among the most expensive. Their standing tickets are currently more than twice the price of those for arena acts like Arcade Fire or Bon Iver.

3) Most concertgoers are ordinary people just looking for fun and a great time, rather than hardcore fans like many of us. They get exactly what they expect and the band seems to focus more and more on the general audience.

This is just to show how there are good reasons to support either point of view, concerning their use of pre recorded tracks.

Personally, I think that a live performance should be as live as possible. If this implies completely reworking the songs or employing touring members so much the better. That should really give people a good reason to buy the live album, i.e. to get a unique performance that is different from what they already have on the studio album.

That's why to me the most interesting part of the current show is the C-stage, where the band truly shines for its chemistry and music prevails over visuals. However, as I said, that's not what most of the audience wants from Coldplay, so I represent a really small minority among fans.

I have to disagree with you on most expensive, Coldplay are 10x bigger than Arcade Fire and Bon Iver in terms of popularity. When it comes to touring, their peers are the likes of U2, the Rolling Stones and Madonna. If you check out the biggest tours of all time, Coldplay ticket prices are among the lowest. Considering production value, brand name and everything else, they are cheap (or at least fair-priced).

Edited by gustavothehuman
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

You are right: Love not hate! There is lots of gratitude glowing at the live events. They certainly spread love and positive feelings...something the planet needs so much at this crucial time in history.  Sometimes one may wonder why they do not talk more about their beliefs, that form the foundation of their songs.  Chris has got it written on his arm... it says:  GOD IS LOVE.  If we spread that world-wide there can only be optimism for our future.   Everyone is called to do their part.

• Like 1