Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting.

I can recall the band members playing the occasional wrong note a number of times though !

I remember Guy playing a wrong note in AHFOD at the BBC Exeter show in 2016, and at the 2017 Cardiff show I went to, Chris invited a fan on stage to play Everglow who wasn’t so good, so he had to take over. They also messed that song up at Glastonbury 2016. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that a lot of the instrumentation was fake, as Guy, Jonny and Will are solid and reliable musicians, but during GS/AHFODT they certainly made use of a lot more advanced pre-recorded backing tracks than in previous tours.

I remember Guy playing a wrong note in AHFOD at the BBC Exeter show in 2016, and at the 2017 Cardiff show I went to, Chris invited a fan on stage to play Everglow who wasn’t so good, so he had to take over. They also messed that song up at Glastonbury 2016. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that a lot of the instrumentation was fake, as Guy, Jonny and Will are solid and reliable musicians, but during GS/AHFODT they certainly made use of a lot more advanced pre-recorded backing tracks than in previous tours.

Yes, and Jonny played a wrong note during ASFOS once. Chris has had piano issues on the B-stage several times (I remember Gelsenkirchen in particular but that was not the only time). They messed up In My Place right in front of me at the C-stage in New Jersey.

Like you said, they are good musicians who just don't mess up very often.

• Like 3

This is very, very interesting, there is nothing wrong with boosting live vocals with studio or pre-recorded vocals; but for example, Church is fully lip-synced,there are no “live vocals” to enhance ...why this song in particular? Not one single performance of this song has had at least a “live vocals” part... is it because it strains Chris’s voice too much???

Edited by AnaMarie
  • Sad 2

This is very, very interesting, there is nothing wrong with boosting live vocals with studio or pre-recorded vocals; but for example, Church is fully lip-synced,there are no “live vocals” to enhance ...why this song in particular? Not one single performance of this song has had at least a “live vocals” part... is it because it strains Chris’s voice too much???

It is interesting to lip-sync the first song in a set, as it wouldn’t give the opportunity for a proper warmup. I’m afraid no one knows the answer except the band (plus maybe Miller and Dan Green :joy:). After Church he sings Trouble in Town live, which is considerably easier

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is interesting to lip-sync the first song in a set, as it wouldn’t give the opportunity for a proper warmup. I’m afraid no one knows the answer except the band (plus maybe Miller and Dan Green :joy:). After Church he sings Trouble in Town live, which is considerably easier

Yeah! That’s what I find so interesting and puzzling... if we could only read their minds hehehe!!

besides, it makes me sad ‘cause I truly want to listen to Church LIVE!!

• Like 1

Yeah! That’s what I find so interesting and puzzling... if we could only read their minds hehehe!!

besides, it makes me sad ‘cause I truly want to listen to Church LIVE!!

Yes me too, he did sing the end part of it live in the last performance of the EL ‘tour’ though, and at least Nora’s part was live. All we can hope is that on the next series of performances (whether that’s a big tour or some more small intimate performance) we will get it live!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

• 2 years later...

Have you guys seen something similar this time around? Was just watching the Buenos Aires show on YouTube and looks like he uses a vocal track for Biutyful. You can see/hear it before the final chorus.

Edited by Roadie42

Yes, I noticed it too. During Biutyful it was painfully obvious, but also during some other tracks like People of the Pride where Chris's voice is at the very least doubled by a high volume backing track (and some lines/sounds seem to fully come off the tape). Unfortunately he didn't quite get the timing of the words in the intro right, which exposed the track to the listener.

The number of songs lipsynced has increased in this tour, to up to 8-9 around the halfway point of the European Tour. People found that out by analysing videos. There used to be a thread about it. It must be very difficult on Chris to sing all these nights in a row. I personally wish he'd embrace his vocal imperfections and sing more live. On the other hand, if singing it all live would risk him losing his voice and not being able to tour anymore, that would be devastating.

• Like 2

On 4/19/2016 at 12:07 AM, The Adversary said:

I really don't want to believe this. Coldplay are such an amazing live band that this seems completely counter-intuitive. Chris must know in the age of camera phones and social media that this will obviously be picked up on. Either he A) Doesn't care (which doesn't seem like Chris at all to be honest) or B) Has some serious vocal issue.

Of course this is Coldplaying.com so there will be posters who will deny until the cows come home but the evidence is very damning. All you have to do is listen for variation on certain word pronounciations from video to video (You find there is none) or sync (No pun intended) the videos together and play them at the same time.

It begs the question what other songs is he also lip-syncing? Surely if he can't hit the notes on Clocks there's not a hope in hell he can hit the notes in Fix You? I'll have to do some more investigating but if he's lip-syncing Clocks to protect his voice one minute and jumping up and down belting HFTW the next that shows a certain attitiude to the older music........

I'm editing a multicam version of the second show here in Chile this year (09.21.2022), and someone sent me a really upclose video of Chris during People Of The Pride, and yeah, i'm positive that he was lip-syncing. Idk if he was protecting his throat/lungs due to the infection, but i noticed that he had a hoarseness for days (probably because that week was really cold here), so he was drinking a lot of water, giving himself propolis spray (i think) and swallowing pills in between songs.

• Like 1

Yeah, sadly it was before the infection too - the massive substitution of tracks happened around the time of the Paris shows, as people found out in that other thread.

Just saw this on Reddit - apparently he slipped up on Yellow too during the global broadcast. Oh man, that was really not his night.

Found a video from Paris (I think? I'll have to find it again) where he messes up during a moment on Higher Power and it was obvious to see he was lip-syncing. It could be that a lot of songs he can't perform live anymore because it would be too much for his voice, especially with the length of tours. 

Edited by AlienSomewhere
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 9:15 PM, nowayme said:

It's just somekind of soundboard (?) recording with the prerendered part of the projections. Some are either black screen or in the case of Clocks it's just a red screen. There's also the footage that tells you to strap your Xyloband on with the audio being played while showing that.

5MVvG8l.png

WOW!

Where You find these?