🏆 VOTE COLDPLAY AT THE MTV EMA'S 🏆
jossec

This is interesting.

I can recall the band members playing the occasional wrong note a number of times though !

I remember Guy playing a wrong note in AHFOD at the BBC Exeter show in 2016, and at the 2017 Cardiff show I went to, Chris invited a fan on stage to play Everglow who wasn’t so good, so he had to take over. They also messed that song up at Glastonbury 2016. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that a lot of the instrumentation was fake, as Guy, Jonny and Will are solid and reliable musicians, but during GS/AHFODT they certainly made use of a lot more advanced pre-recorded backing tracks than in previous tours.

I don't understand why he use playback. In this video he sang really well Clocks.

• Like 1

I remember Guy playing a wrong note in AHFOD at the BBC Exeter show in 2016, and at the 2017 Cardiff show I went to, Chris invited a fan on stage to play Everglow who wasn’t so good, so he had to take over. They also messed that song up at Glastonbury 2016. I wouldn’t go as far as to say that a lot of the instrumentation was fake, as Guy, Jonny and Will are solid and reliable musicians, but during GS/AHFODT they certainly made use of a lot more advanced pre-recorded backing tracks than in previous tours.

Yes, and Jonny played a wrong note during ASFOS once. Chris has had piano issues on the B-stage several times (I remember Gelsenkirchen in particular but that was not the only time). They messed up In My Place right in front of me at the C-stage in New Jersey.

Like you said, they are good musicians who just don't mess up very often.

• Like 3

I don't understand why he use playback. In this video he sang really well Clocks.

I’m almost certain it was done for a rest, not because he can’t sing it anymore

• Like 1

This is very, very interesting, there is nothing wrong with boosting live vocals with studio or pre-recorded vocals; but for example, Church is fully lip-synced,there are no “live vocals” to enhance ...why this song in particular? Not one single performance of this song has had at least a “live vocals” part... is it because it strains Chris’s voice too much???

Edited by AnaMarie
  • Sad 2

This is very, very interesting, there is nothing wrong with boosting live vocals with studio or pre-recorded vocals; but for example, Church is fully lip-synced,there are no “live vocals” to enhance ...why this song in particular? Not one single performance of this song has had at least a “live vocals” part... is it because it strains Chris’s voice too much???

It is interesting to lip-sync the first song in a set, as it wouldn’t give the opportunity for a proper warmup. I’m afraid no one knows the answer except the band (plus maybe Miller and Dan Green :joy:). After Church he sings Trouble in Town live, which is considerably easier

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It is interesting to lip-sync the first song in a set, as it wouldn’t give the opportunity for a proper warmup. I’m afraid no one knows the answer except the band (plus maybe Miller and Dan Green :joy:). After Church he sings Trouble in Town live, which is considerably easier

Yeah! That’s what I find so interesting and puzzling... if we could only read their minds hehehe!!

besides, it makes me sad ‘cause I truly want to listen to Church LIVE!!

• Like 1

Yeah! That’s what I find so interesting and puzzling... if we could only read their minds hehehe!!

besides, it makes me sad ‘cause I truly want to listen to Church LIVE!!

Yes me too, he did sing the end part of it live in the last performance of the EL ‘tour’ though, and at least Nora’s part was live. All we can hope is that on the next series of performances (whether that’s a big tour or some more small intimate performance) we will get it live!

• Like 1
  • Angry 1