✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting.

Some of the tour's official Screen Projections actually contain the rehearsal audio without crowd which I guess was recorded indoors and not on stage. I guess I could compare those with the live audio. If their phase matches and the vocals are canceled out then most possibly Chris pre-recorded some vocals for the tour as a worst case scenario. It's pretty common these days.

Could you please share them?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Some of the tour's official Screen Projections actually contain the rehearsal audio without crowd which I guess was recorded indoors and not on stage. I guess I could compare those with the live audio. If their phase matches and the vocals are canceled out then most possibly Chris pre-recorded some vocals for the tour as a worst case scenario. It's pretty common these days.

I'm also very curious about the official screen projections... do you really have those videos? :)

I'm also very curious about the official screen projections... do you really have those videos? :)

Unfortunately for undisclosed reasons I am not allowed to share them. Im sorry sorry for that.

Ah man:pensive: Are they in the form of a backing track synced up to the video? I'd be so interested in any information whatsoever you're willing to disclose!

Ah man:pensive: Are they in the form of a backing track synced up to the video? I'd be so interested in any information whatsoever you're willing to disclose!

It's just somekind of soundboard (?) recording with the prerendered part of the projections. Some are either black screen or in the case of Clocks it's just a red screen. There's also the footage that tells you to strap your Xyloband on with the audio being played while showing that.

5MVvG8l.png

• Like 7

It's just somekind of soundboard (?) recording with the prerendered part of the projections. Some are either black screen or in the case of Clocks it's just a red screen. There's also the footage that tells you to strap your Xyloband on with the audio being played while showing that.

5MVvG8l.png

Oh wow !!! These look so beautiful :heart_eyes:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

5MVvG8l.png

Are you secretly Ben Miles? LOL. In all seriousness though, is this something we could easily find online if we searched hard enough or do we need some inside connections?

Are you secretly Ben Miles? LOL. In all seriousness though, is this something we could easily find online if we searched hard enough or do we need some inside connections?

I doubt any of them is online, all of the staff members involved just list their works instead of previewing them. In order to get those I bet you need to know people and have a very good trust relationship with them since all of them are watermarked so they can control leaks. I would post them but I don't want to break anybody's trust with me or bring C&D drama on this forum since I bet the companies behind them would get extremely upset if those would leak and they would go in strict lawsuit and punish mode. (happened before with an other artist)

• Like 2

I doubt any of them is online, all of the staff members involved just list their works instead of previewing them. In order to get those I bet you need to know people and have a very good trust relationship with them since all of them are watermarked so they can control leaks. I would post them but I don't want to break anybody's trust with me or bring C&D drama on this forum since I bet the companies behind them would get extremely upset if those would leak and they would go in strict lawsuit and punish mode. (happened before with an other artist)

That’s fascinating! At least there is a clean audio channel from the Made in America festival that has the Clocks pre-recorded vocals

• 1 year later...

They use backing track since a long time. In this video there is 2 electrics guitars but there's only Johnny who played electric guitar, Chris played the acoustic.

Yes they have always used instrumental backing tracks (mainly strings or extra Instruments they can’t play live) since the AROBTTH/X&Y eras. Then they started using vocal backing tracks during Viva, but it’s only in the past few years since the AHFODT that Chris’ lead vocals have regularly been playback on certain songs, which is a completely different story imo.

• Like 4

I think the other songs on the AHFOD Tour were live. Clocks (entirely) and parts of ASFOS, Up&Up and HFTW (?) were affected.

There are also parts of AHFOD (song) and Viva where the studio vocals are played over the top to boost the live vocals.

• Like 1

I'm starting to think the majority of the songs weren't played live during AHFOD tour. I always thought the instrument they played on stage (guitare, bass, drums, piano) weren't live because they never failed. Everything was too perfect to be played really live. I'm not sure to see them live in the future if it's to listen something completly false and not live at all.

I'm starting to think the majority of the songs weren't played live during AHFOD tour. I always thought the instrument they played on stage (guitare, bass, drums, piano) weren't live because they never failed. Everything was too perfect to be played really live. I'm not sure to see them live in the future if it's to listen something completly false and not live at all.

I can recall the band members playing the occasional wrong note a number of times though !