✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

This is interesting.

I've heard multiple versions of clocks from this year and his pronunciation on each is different, it's not lip synced

You're wrong , unfortunately.

I am really convinced that Chris is playbacking this song. If you listen carefully at specific parts in the song, you'll hear that they sound exactly the same. No doubt!

ColdplayerCP

I've heard multiple versions of clocks from this year and his pronunciation on each is different, it's not lip synced

To my knowledge, every performance of Clocks since the start of the tour (31 March) has been lip synced, with one exception: the concert at Kensington Palace, which was not a regular show. If you're convinced otherwise, you can show us some examples if you want to.

Here's a video of the exception, which makes the difference between live and lip sync very clear:

• Like 3

• Administrators
To my knowledge, every performance of Clocks since the start of the tour (31 March) has been lip synced, with one exception: the concert at Kensington Palace, which was not a regular show. If you're convinced otherwise, you can show us some examples if you want to.

Here's a video of the exception, which makes the difference between live and lip sync very clear:

I might be meeting Chris in November, I will ask him lolol

• Like 4

I might be meeting Chris in November, I will ask him lolol

I'm very curious to hear any official word on the matter. It might be a sensitive subject though, as I suspect they're not proud of it.

I don't know if he did or did not, but would Chris have the audacity to lip-sync Glastonbury?

He did. It was very apparent during the live broadcast (at least to those who already knew about it) and the song was cut from the video on demand.

• Like 1

I don't know if he did or did not, but would Chris have the audacity to lip-sync Glastonbury?

As @jossec said, it was fairly obvious if you already knew about it. I couldn't really tell in person, but in the live broadcast that I watched later it was very apparent. I already knew the truth so I tried to appreciate the song more for the instrumentals than the vocals.

On a side note, they could've at least chosen a better vocal track. Just two years ago, Chris' vocals still sounded great during Clocks. The performance from the original broadcast of GS Live 2014 is one of my favorites partially because of how strong Chris' voice sounds. In contrast, the current vocal track is just average. I've heard much better!

• Like 2

The performance from the original broadcast of GS Live 2014 is one of my favorites partially because of how strong Chris' voice sounds.

I really like that version as well. Shame it was never released outside of the TV broadcasts.

• Like 2

On a side note, they could've at least chosen a better vocal track.

I think they chose a current, if not so good recording on purpose. Chris's voice keeps changing (for the worse, I have to add :() and if they had taken a recording from a previous era, people would have figured it out.

• Like 1

I think they chose a current, if not so good recording on purpose. Chris's voice keeps changing (for the worse, I have to add :() and if they had taken a recording from a previous era, people would have figured it out.

If Chris' voice is supposedly changing for the worse then how come he was better at Wembley this year than at the stadium of light in 2012 when I last saw him? He makes mistakes from time to time, it's nothing to do with the year

• Like 2

If Chris' voice is supposedly changing for the worse then how come he was better at Wembley this year than at the stadium of light in 2012 when I last saw him? He makes mistakes from time to time, it's nothing to do with the year

I think it's because Chris is getting lazy. He isn't focused while singing, he just sings without any form of perfection. He's getting goofy (lol) while performing and its affecting his maturity and singing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Look, please compare Chris's falsetto abilities in the AROBTTH and X&Y eras and then in the Ghost Stories and AHFOD eras. His voice sounds much scratchier now and his falsetto is nowhere near as pure as it used to be. Also, his general singing voice has become quite "thick" (just compare the vocals in Everglow to, say, Gravity). Singing in high notes during so many world tours takes a toll on your vocal chords, and it is sad but true that Chris's voice has changed a lot over the years.

• Like 3

Look, please compare Chris's falsetto abilities in the AROBTTH and X&Y eras and then in the Ghost Stories and AHFOD eras. His voice sounds much scratchier now and his falsetto is nowhere near as pure as it used to be. Also, his general singing voice has become quite "thick" (just compare the vocals in Everglow to, say, Gravity). Singing in high notes during so many world tours takes a toll on your vocal chords, and it is sad but true that Chris's voice has changed a lot over the years.

Exactly. He has done a terrible job keeping his voice in shape. Alot of Chris' vocals on AHFOD aren't as crisp and organic like they used to be. But otherwise, people like Brendon Urie from Panic! At The Disco have only improved their vocals over the years and 5 albums (even if Panic's music have gone downhill over the years as well). That's because they seeked vocal advice on how to improve their own voice. Chris has most likely done none of this. It's really disappointing.

That's because they seeked vocal advice on how to improve their own voice. Chris has most likely done none of this. It's really disappointing.

do some research and you'll see chris has been taking care of his voice. going to crazy lengths as not speaking and communicating with ipads, etc. every voice and their progression is different. you'll constantly hear about chris' singing coach, mary too.

• Like 3

do some research and you'll see chris has been taking care of his voice. going to crazy lengths as not speaking and communicating with ipads, etc. every voice and their progression is different. you'll constantly hear about chris' singing coach, mary too.

It honestly doesn't seem like it though. Not speaking and communicating with iPads won't do anything. There are certain techniques of singing some artists do live to prevent straining their voice.

It honestly doesn't seem like it though. Not speaking and communicating with iPads won't do anything. There are certain techniques of singing some artists do live to prevent straining their voice.

my point is, you have no idea what chris is doing to preserve his voice. simple as that. it is pretty clear the whole band are dedicated to their craft. and when all we know points to chris working on keeping his voice in shape, it is an unfair assumption, not to mention unfounded by all we know.

and again, not all voices are similar. age takes a toll. chris' voice got deeper and richer in some contexts as he aged. but it hasn't been kind to his higher registry. the lower registry has immensely improved. he seems like a baritone singing quite a lot in falsetto. that had got to have an impact too.

• Like 3

my point is, you have no idea what chris is doing to preserve his voice. simple as that. it is pretty clear the whole band are dedicated to their craft. and when all we know points to chris working on keeping his voice in shape, it is an unfair assumption, not to mention unfounded by all we know.

and again, not all voices are similar. age takes a toll. chris' voice got deeper and richer in some contexts as he aged. but it hasn't been kind to his higher registry. the lower registry has immensely improved. he seems like a baritone singing quite a lot in falsetto. that had got to have an impact too.

And this is where I direct you to my very first comment where I said that Chris is lazily singing songs in live performances. Not singing properly takes a toll on one's voice, especially when you've been doing it for years in large venues on massive world tours. It isn't just Chris' vocals maturing. Plus, I think Chris' lower registry was best during the Viva and GS Eras (the latter most likely because they took a break from touring). During this AHFOD tour, I've noticed alot of cracking even in his lower tones. I understand that Chris is doing whatever he can to preserve his voice, but he's not doing the most affective things. What he needs to do is perfect his voice live to prevent any more straining.

And this is where I direct you to my very first comment where I said that Chris is lazily singing songs in live performances. Not singing properly takes a toll on one's voice, especially when you've been doing it for years in large venues on massive world tours. It isn't just Chris' vocals maturing. Plus, I think Chris' lower registry was best during the Viva and GS Eras (the latter most likely because they took a break from touring). During this AHFOD tour, I've noticed alot of cracking even in his lower tones. I understand that Chris is doing whatever he can to preserve his voice, but he's not doing the most affective things. What he needs to do is perfect his voice live to prevent any more straining.

let me put it this way, i'd rather not try to give a professional singer advice on preserving his voice, the same way i wouldn't take advice from chris on my profession ;)

• Like 2

let me put it this way, i'd rather not try to give a professional singer advice on preserving his voice, the same way i wouldn't take advice from chris on my profession ;)

It's always good to hear a bystander's opinion. And knowing that Chris will never get to read my words, it's more of a rant than a word of advice. End of story.

As On a side note, they could've at least chosen a better vocal track. Just two years ago, Chris' vocals still sounded great during Clocks. The performance from the original broadcast of GS Live 2014 is one of my favorites partially because of how strong Chris' voice sounds. In contrast, the current vocal track is just average. I've heard much better!

i think when he does sing it it sounds fine, like that video that was posted earlier in the thread of his solo performance. listening back to the videos it sounds like something that was recorded in a room alone and not coming from someone in a stadium full of people, you know? like it doesn't have the same energy as what actually comes out of Chris in the moment :P

but last night in Philly i could hear in the beginning that it was the track, and it really didn't feel any different in the moment than any of the other songs

i won't argue that his voice hasn't changed, but i feel like there were plenty of times back then, especially X&Y era, where he couldn't quite hit those high notes so nicely either :P

• Like 1

Hmmm... What can I chime in for this...

Well this never really bothered me that much. It is unfortunate that Chris's voice may be declining but I feel like he is doing the best he possibly can do in the time being. Creating shows for the public is straining not only for his voice but in general, even if he's gotten used to it. He's even said himself that he and the band are more sheer enthusiasm than skill, so one song being lip synced wouldn't be surprising, and it doesn't even take away from the overall feeling of the show from my perspective.

But ya know

e0d36dec26f93560b2a37a7f2c2c760f.gif

• Like 4

It's always good to hear a bystander's opinion. And knowing that Chris will never get to read my words, it's more of a rant than a word of advice. End of story.

Again, you are missing the original point. Think the lead singer of a band that even has a physiotherapist on tour to look after them wouldn't have the proper professional help for his vocal upkeep? Nah..

• Like 1

Again, you are missing the original point. Think the lead singer of a band that even has a physiotherapist on tour to look after them wouldn't have the proper professional help for his vocal upkeep? Nah..

I'd rather not keep saying the same things over and over again. Like I said, I think singing in a more serious manner during live performances would be better for his voice. Can't you notice that he's sometimes forcing his falsettos on ASFOS? Anyways, This argument was fun. Thanks. End of story.

As @jossec said, it was fairly obvious if you already knew about it. I couldn't really tell in person, but in the live broadcast that I watched later it was very apparent. I already knew the truth so I tried to appreciate the song more for the instrumentals than the vocals.

On a side note, they could've at least chosen a better vocal track. Just two years ago, Chris' vocals still sounded great during Clocks. The performance from the original broadcast of GS Live 2014 is one of my favorites partially because of how strong Chris' voice sounds. In contrast, the current vocal track is just average. I've heard much better!

Agreed!

ColdplayerCP

• Like 1