✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

New XYLOBANDS working anyone ?

Has anyone worked out how to get these new Xylobands working ?

The old ones were easy to fix - just a twiddle inside then they light up with a press on the box.

But these have got me stumped - far more techy inside.

.[ATTACH]4835[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]4836[/ATTACH]

• Like 3

I'd try to just skip this complicated chip in the middle, and the black round thing, whatever the frick that is anyways, and short cicuit the wires with each other :awesome:

But then again I have no knowledge in that field so don't trust me ~

• Like 1

A friend of mine managed to make his xyloband work, the Latin American one: [spoiler=photo]coldplay-peru-concierto-lima-pulseras-xylobands.jpg

He's an electronic engineer and he quite struggled to make it work for around 2 days, so there's that.

• Like 1

It is not clear what protocol they use, but it seems that Xyloband uses the DMX512 protocol (specific for audio and light): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX512 Some comercial wristbans use IR (infrared) to transmit, but it is not the case of the xyloband (there is no infrared receiver inside the PCB). I think they use a propietary protocol or bluetooth standard (Low Energy mode). Probably the transmission frequency is 2.4GHz or 866Mhz. The transmission distance covers a radius of 400m (more or less). Here you can find a photo of a xiloband controller: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13322176_1226378620706682_6316059138160902228_n.jpg?oh=cf8b59774e7ddf391c0a0822e1793908&oe=57DA3848 And here there is a presentation made by the xiloband team (originally from UK), where you can find some more information: [/url]

[MEDIA=slideshare]13444890[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: http://es.slideshare.net/orhanbag/xylobands-presentation

• Like 3

It is not clear what protocol they use, but it seems that Xyloband uses the DMX512 protocol (specific for audio and light): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMX512 Some comercial wristbans use IR (infrared) to transmit, but it is not the case of the xyloband (there is no infrared receiver inside the PCB). I think they use a propietary protocol or bluetooth standard (Low Energy mode). Probably the transmission frequency is 2.4GHz or 866Mhz. The transmission distance covers a radius of 400m (more or less). Here you can find a photo of a xiloband controller: https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13322176_1226378620706682_6316059138160902228_n.jpg?oh=cf8b59774e7ddf391c0a0822e1793908&oe=57DA3848 And here there is a presentation made by the xiloband team (originally from UK), where you can find some more information:

[MEDIA=slideshare]13444890[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: http://es.slideshare.net/orhanbag/xylobands-presentation

Yes -thanks - I saw that YouTube one. The old ones were better - you could disconnect a bit inside, close it all up again and then just press it to light it up - re-live a little concert excitement ( or am I just sad ?)

You should try to turn them on with bluetooth!

Yesterday a friend told me his xyloband suddenly started to work again!! :wideeyed: So I looked for some info on the internet and I read something about a possible relation to bluetooth. Then I turned my phone bluetooth on and put it near to my xyloband and... pum! ALIVE AGAIN! :laugh2:Unfortunately, the miracle only lasted a few minutes... I think the battery ran out because I got my xyloband a month ago. But maybe I'll buy new batteries (it works with AAAA) and see what happens next...

• Like 4

Does everyone get the white bands with rainbow writing? What do you adjust on the old ones? How? I'm not technical so please make it as easy as possible to understand. Thx.

No, since the European tour most commonly the new colorful ones (flower of life design but without the rainbow writing) are being distributed.

Don't know anything about the technical aspects or the old ones...

Yesterday a friend told me his xyloband suddenly started to work again!! :wideeyed: So I looked for some info on the internet and I read something about a possible relation to bluetooth. Then I turned my phone bluetooth on and put it near to my xyloband and... pum! ALIVE AGAIN! :laugh2:Unfortunately, the miracle only lasted a few minutes... I think the battery ran out because I got my xyloband a month ago. But maybe I'll buy new batteries (it works with AAAA) and see what happens next...

I tried, but it didn't work:/

Woohoo...... rushing off now to Bluetooth my xyloband. :escaping3::fingersx: Thanks.

Does everyone get the white bands with rainbow writing? What do you adjust on the old ones? How? I'm not technical so please make it as easy as possible to understand. Thx.

From what I can remember - you opened the back and ,with a tiny screwdriver, ease away the metal contact from the battery terminal. Then close up again and just press the box with your fingers. It may still be on YouTube - that's where I found it a few years ago. Good Luck. It's lovely when you can light them up again.

First Coldplay concert soon so I have a question! Does everyone get these when you come in the door or do you have to pay for them or are they only for vip seats?? Thanks in advance! :)

Don't leave it till the last minute to go in as they can run out of xylobands and Love buttons ! I went in at Manchester 10 mins before CP were due on stage and there were none left, but a lovely lady gave me hers and I found 3 Love buttons on the floor !

Oh, sorry you couldn't make it work guys :( I think it depends on the battery... if you went to the concert a long time ago, maybe it doesn't work anymore cause the battery ran out. As I said, with bluetooth my xyloband only worked for a few minutes (it became green, though it didn't make any sound). Next days I'm going to buy new batteries and try again, if I make it work I'll let you know.

• Like 2

Oh, sorry you couldn't make it work guys :( I think it depends on the battery... if you went to the concert a long time ago, maybe it doesn't work anymore cause the battery ran out. As I said, with bluetooth my xyloband only worked for a few minutes (it became green, though it didn't make any sound). Next days I'm going to buy new batteries and try again, if I make it work I'll let you know.

Mine is from only 3 weeks ago, so the battery shouldn't be empty...

It may depend on the version. I got mine from the Amsterdam show (I went to it, amazing experience), but I saw different bands being used at Glastonbury. Mine had a little speaker in the plastic cover and I saw that the Glastonbury ones had lights on that place.

• Like 1