✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CONTEST!!! Enter to win a set of AHFOD Buttons/Pins

Christa42

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the July 16th date of the AHFOD tour at Metlife Stadium. It was my first time seeing Coldplay after being a fan since I was little. I was raised on listening to their music and it was such a surreal experience hearing some of my favorite songs that remind me of my childhood. My seats were at the very top of the stadium and the view was amazing especially when they xylobands went on. The atmosphere was insane everyone was up and dancing and singing their hearts out and having a good time. Screaming some of my favorite songs at the top of my lungs was unreal. This was one of the absolute best concerts i've ever been to and i'll never forget it I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling the whole night. This show made me love Coldplay even more than I already did and i'm so greatful for the life changing experience of seeing them and hope to see them soon.

• Like 5

Coldplay live in Barcelona - 27/05/2016

I have to tell this story from the very beginning. When tour dates came out, back in November 2015, I found out that Coldplay had decided to come to my country (Spain) but not to my city. Besides they would come in May, when I always have all my final exams. So that was all. Hope was lost. I was really disappointed and sad… but I was also really busy in that time, so I didn’t spend more time trying to find other ways to go to see them. I gave up so easily… I forgot one of the main messages that Coldplay give us: Don’t ever give up. But fortunately in this life it’s never too late…

A few months later something unexpected happened. A friend told me he had an extra ticket to 27th May concert in Barcelona. He knew I love the band as much as he does, so he called me to go with him. At first I had doubts because it was so far away from home and I had my last exam at 30th May. But then I thought: Life is for living! And some kind of divine power made me say “Yes!! I’ll go!”. In fact I could have made the same decision when the dates came out in November… but this time I had something more important: a friend who wanted me to be there. That's all I needed to follow my dream.

So the big day came. 27th May 2016. The CP performance was scheduled at 21:30 and our plane was supposed to arrive to Barcelona at 19:15. Nothing could be wrong, right? Unfortunately, sometimes even the right is wrong… so guess what? Our flight was one hour and a half late… and we arrived at 20:45!!! We spent some terrible hours. When we were flying we thought: “Oh no, we’ll miss AHFOD and maybe more wonderful songs… why is this happening to us? Why? We won’t get to see them, we have spent money and time for nothing… ”. But even in those times of desperation I said this to my friend: “Come on, this won’t happen to us. We’ll be on time, I’m sure. Remember what Coldplay says: the sun will come out! Don’t let it break your heart! We’re gonna get it, get it together!” Seriously, at that time all those positive lyrics came to my mind and made me believe we could get it… Coldplay reminded me nothing is impossible.

After the plane landed we had to run as fast as we could, we had to lose our breath several times (actually we were already really tired and the concert wasn’t even started lol)... but finally we made it. We were there!! We arrived to our sites in front of main stage at 21:35 and Coldplay began their performance at 21:40. Yeah, miracles do happen guys!! We live in a beutiful world!! :bliss:

[ATTACH=full]5299[/ATTACH]

After the epic beginning, everything happened really fast. During AHFOD I was still trying to recover my breath haha :laugh3: I couldn’t believe I was living my dream after all. One of my favourite songs, the one I was afraid of no listening to, it was actually sounding… it was something unbelievable. I was also shocked by my Xyloband… every time it lighted up I really freaked out! It was beautiful. And music was so loud… it felt like it really came from my body, it was an amazing feeling. That’s when I knew this would definitely be a night to remember...

First songs were incredible. ETIAW was like an ecstasy to me, really love this song and really enjoyed the powerful performance. Then they played Birds and I think I was the only one who was jumping like crazy, I was very excited to hear that wonderful song. The live version is even better than the original one, so at this point of the night I became a bird and I was flying free… :wings:

Next guys went to B-stage and played some of my all time favourite songs: Ink, Magic and Everglow. It was like they knew exactly I loved that set of songs… I had listened to those ones so many times before… and suddenly they were there, playing them for me. I was still thinking that this wasn’t real, this was maybe some kind of celestial dream… they gave me this feeling, this everglow!!

Later it was the turn of my favourite CP song, Clocks. All the stadium turned red… Chris became one with his piano… I have no words to describe this. I would have loved to live in that moment forever.

After that they played their most popular and epic songs: Charlie Brown, Hymn for The Weekend, VLV and AOAL (I have to make an special mention of VLV moment, when the crowd made an amazing chorus: “Ooooh ooooh ooooh, ooooh ooooh ooooh!!”). The stadium literally went crazy with those ones. Sometimes I could only see arms with Xylobands shining, I was kinda lost haha…

[ATTACH=full]5300[/ATTACH]

When I thought it couldn’t get any better, I was wrong again. They went to C-stage and played two brilliant songs I love so much: Trouble, which is the first CP song I ever heard, and See You Soon, a song with a really special meaning to me (it gave me a lot of strenght in difficult times of my life). Beautiful atmosphere… I was in heaven but I wasn’t aware of it…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKLID2slzxM

The night was about to end. Only three more songs, but those were not just songs. They were something more. Amazing Day had the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen in my entire life, so I took thousands of pictures during this song…

[ATTACH=full]5302[/ATTACH]

ASFOS was like travelling to a different world, I can proudly say this time I touched the stars with my own hands (confetti stars, you know…). Then came Up&Up, the perfect ending. Before the concert I used to dislike this song, but since then I totally love it. This one will always have a precious place in my heart. I’ll never forget this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OXeSbwmwM

And that’s how our dream ended. Sadly all good things come to an end (bittersweet, I could taste in my mouth), but we were actually really happy. We made it. We made our dream come true. Despite all the unexpected events, we saw the whole concert, we didn’t miss a single minute of those two magic hours. Call it magic, call it true…

I also have to say this CP concert gave me hope. Before that night I felt completely lost in my life, but this wonderful experience opened my eyes and made me believe in my dreams again. Now I feel like everything's possible. Thanks God my friend called me, thanks God I decided to go… my Head Full of Dreams showed me the right way to go :cheesy:

27th May 2016 was definitely the best day of my year… now it’s just a memory, but I know his everglow will last forever in my heart.

PD1: sorry for my english, hope I didn't make so many grammar mistakes

PD2: all pictures and videos included in my story (except Everglow video) were made by myself :)

• Like 8

Guest diogo_sg
Coldplay live in Barcelona - 27/05/2016

I have to tell this story from the very beginning. When tour dates came out, back in November 2015, I found out that Coldplay had decided to come to my country (Spain) but not to my city. Besides they would come in May, when I always have all my final exams. So that was all. Hope was lost. I was really disappointed and sad… but I was also really busy in that time, so I didn’t spend more time trying to find other ways to go to see them. I gave up so easily… I forgot one of the main messages that Coldplay give us: Don’t ever give up. But fortunately in this life it’s never too late…

A few months later something unexpected happened. A friend told me he had an extra ticket to 27th May concert in Barcelona. He knew I love the band as much as he does, so he called me to go with him. At first I had doubts because it was so far away from home and I had my last exam at 30th May. But then I thought: Life is for living! And some kind of divine power made me say “Yes!! I’ll go!”. In fact I could have made the same decision when the dates came out in November… but this time I had something more important: a friend who wanted me to be there. That's all I needed to follow my dream.

So the big day came. 27 May 2016. The CP performance was scheduled at 21:30 and our plane was supposed to arrive to Barcelona at 19:15. Nothing could be wrong, right? Unfortunately, sometimes even the right is wrong… so guess what? Our flight was one hour and a half late… and we arrived at 20:45!!! We spent some terrible hours. When we were flying we thought: “Oh no, we’ll miss AHFOD and maybe more wonderful songs… why is this happening to us? Why? We won’t get to see them, we have spent money and time for nothing… ”. But even in those times of desperation I said this to my friend: “Come on, this won’t happen to us. We’ll be on time, I’m sure. Remember what Coldplay says: the sun will come out! Don’t let it break your heart! We’re gonna get it, get it together!” Seriously, at that time all those positive lyrics came to my mind and made me believe we could get it… Coldplay reminded me nothing is impossible.

After the plane landed we had to run as fast as we could, we had to lose our breath several times (actually we were already really tired and the concert wasn’t even started lol)... but finally we made it. We were there!! We arrived to our sites in front of main stage at 21:35 and Coldplay began their performance at 21:40. Yeah, miracles do happen guys!! We live in a beutiful world!! :bliss:

[ATTACH=full]5299[/ATTACH]

After the epic beginning, everything happened really fast. During AHFOD I was still trying to recover my breath haha :laugh3: I couldn’t believe I was living my dream after all. One of my favourite songs, the one I was afraid of no listening to, it was actually sounding… it was something unbelievable. I was also shocked by my Xyloband… every time it lighted up I really freaked out! It was beautiful. And music was so loud… it felt like it really came from my body, it was an amazing feeling. That’s when I knew this would definitely be a night to remember...

First songs were incredible. ETIAW was like an ecstasy to me, really love this song and really enjoyed the powerful performance. Then they played Birds and I think I was the only one who was jumping like crazy, I was very excited to hear that wonderful song. The live version is even better than the original one, so at this point of the night I became a bird and I was flying free… :wings:

Next guys went to B-stage and played some of my all time favourite songs: Ink, Magic and Everglow. It was like they knew exactly I loved that set of songs… I had listened to those ones so many times before… and suddenly they were there, playing them for me. I was still thinking that this wasn’t real, this was maybe some kind of celestial dream… they gave me this feeling, this everglow!!

Later it was the turn of my favourite CP song, Clocks. All the stadium turned red… Chris became one with his piano… I have no words to describe this. I would have loved to live in that moment forever.

After that they played their most popular and epic songs: Charlie Brown, Hymn for The Weekend, VLV and AOAL (I have to make an special mention of VLV moment, when the crowd made an amazing chorus: “Ooooh ooooh ooooh, ooooh ooooh ooooh!!”). The stadium literally went crazy with those ones. Sometimes I could only see arms with Xylobands shining, I was kinda lost haha…

[ATTACH=full]5300[/ATTACH]

When I thought it couldn’t get any better, I was wrong again. They went to C-stage and played two brilliant songs I love so much: Trouble, which is the first CP song I ever heard, and See You Soon, a song with a really special meaning to me (it gave me a lot of strenght in difficult times of my life). Beautiful atmosphere… I was in heaven but I wasn’t aware of it…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKLID2slzxM

The night was about to end. Only three more songs, but those were not just songs. They were something more. Amazing Day had the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen in my entire life, so I took thousands of pictures during this song…

[ATTACH=full]5302[/ATTACH]

ASFOS was like travelling to a different world, I can proudly say this time I touched the stars with my own hands (confetti stars, you know…). Then came Up&Up, the perfect ending. Before the concert I used to dislike this song, but since then I totally love it. This one will always have a precious place in my heart. I’ll never forget this moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7OXeSbwmwM

And that’s how our dream ended. Sadly all good things come to an end (bittersweet, I could taste in my mouth), but we were actually really happy. We made it. We made our dream come true. Despite all the unexpected events, we saw the whole concert, we didn’t miss a single minute of those two magic hours. Call it magic, call it true…

I also have to say this CP concert gave me hope. Before that night I felt completely lost in my life, but this wonderful experience opened my eyes and made me believe in my dreams again. Now I feel like everything's possible. Thanks God my friend called me, thanks God I decided to go… my Head Full of Dreams showed me the right way to go :cheesy:

27 May 2016 was definitely the best day of my year… now it’s just a memory, but I know his everglow will last forever in my heart.

PD1: sorry for my english, hope I didn't make so many grammar mistakes

PD2: all pictures and videos included in my story (except Everglow video) were made by myself :)

Amazing!! Loved reading this [emoji7]

I probably don't have a realistic chance since I don't have any amazing stories like making new Coldplayer friends, or being front row or doing the intro video or whatever, but If you never try you'll never know and I love writing about my experience anyway, so here you go:

June 1st in Gelsenkirchen was my first concert ever in my life. I didn't think this would actually happen, but I couldn't give up obviously and eventually I managed to get tickets and find a way to get there and felt like the happiest person in the world[emoji16]

Sadly I couldn't arrive early and queue cause I had school in the morning and the drive with all the traffic took around 4 hours. I would have loved to get to know other Coldplayers while waiting and get further to the front. But it turned out FOS2 was NOT on the front of the stage anyway, which was considering that the prices for FOS1 and FOS2 seemed to be the same kind of annoying.

But aside with the negative things, the most important thing for me was that I got to see Coldplay. I remember when I was handed my loVe button and xyloband I got so incredibly excited, I always dreamt of having one.

After buying overexpensive merch and finding our place in the stadium Alessia Cara also started soon.

I liked her a lot actually. Most people say they liked Lianne La Havas better, but I really enjoyed her music and could relate to many of her songs and she seemed like a really nice person to me. Sadly her set was only really short.

Here's a picture I took while she was on:

3b6f0adf7cc9e8554ac6db9a5431ddcc.jpg

(Really bad quality I know haha)

I enjoyed Lianne as well, her music wasn't exactly my thing though but she has a really great voice.

After that we had to wait a little and excitement was growing more and more as 9pm came closer.

Here's a picture of the roadies building up the stage (I didn't take any pictures later cause I wanted to focus on nothing but coldplay and apart from that my phone had no energy left):

e327ff207afae18071a3eb96f5fd180e.jpg

And the excitedly waiting crowd:

50571e6417618302ab51870752823fa4.jpg

Then it was time. O babbino mio (is that what it's called?) started and I knew it would only be seconds until Coldplay. Then it became dark and the Great Dictator speech fading into the AHFOD intro with the whole crowd lighting up red and OMG I almost died. I had dreamt of this moment so often watching it on YouTube or Periscope. My first time seeing the magic with my own eyes. It was crazy and that was the moment when I started to totally forget about reality and arrived in the colorful paradise of a Coldplay show where we all are “one big family” to quote Chris. I danced, sung and screamed like nobody was watching or hearing and didn't care that the crowd around me was mostly rather boring, only clapping and moving a little but mostly filming. I felt like I had finally arrived at my home.

To be honest at the beginning it was a really strange feeling to see them in real life even though I wasn't that close. I've watched so many videos but that they were actually THERE as real persons gave me this strange excited feeling in my stomach.

It was incredible to hear Yellow live for the first time and I loved when the crowd started singing pretty loud at the end of The Scientist so even Chris got surprised.

ETIAW and Birds makes two more of my favorite songs ever hearing live. ETIAW actually means quite a lot to me cause it always helps me through hard times and I can relate to it so much. And I love Chris getting silly and running around with the flag, putting it over his head etc.[emoji23]

A Coldplay concert probably also is the only concert where you see the frontman laying and rolling around on the stage and I freaking love it! It shows us that sometimes we should take things too seriously[emoji6]

The Paradise remix was just… wow. This is one of the most amazing additions they made to this tour imo, even though I’d wish for a more rocky song like Violet Hill or GPASUYF to dance to this was just incredible. The energy and magic of it can't be described in words.

When they moved to the B-Stage I sadly couldn't see too much anymore, but it was still amazing. I loved when the piano was broken (why does it always break during Everglow?) and Chris decided to tell a joke and then play Lovers in Japan first. At first I didn't realize they would have played it anyway, but I felt really blessed to get to hear LiJ live. VLVODAAHF is my favorite album and this song would have been my second choice for the song request (I requested Gravity) so it totally made up for not being chosen (what I didn't really expect to happen anyway).

One of my favorite things were the lasers first during Clocks (and the drums+piano on it, incredible!) and during Midnight, they just looked so cool like landing in another world… And then Charlie Brown started. (Now I still expect Charlie Brown to start every time I listen to Midnight[emoji23] ) That was one of the moments I looked forward to the most, the xylobands and dancing to Charlie Brown. I went completely crazy haha[emoji1] It's like the xylobands are made for that song. I feel like the xylobands are just a whole new level of connecting the band and the audience and creating visuals, I'm still really proud of my guys for introducing this awesomeness to the world.[emoji16]

And getting to hear Fix You (my favorite song) live for the first time and singing the Viva chant with the rest of the crowd was one of those moments as well. Fix You means more to me than words will ever be able to describe, it still feels surreal that I heard it live. And VLV is probably my second favorite song, the strings take me straight into a different world and I think it's one of the best songs ever written.

The Heroes cover was incredible, I'm glad they choose to always do it. Part of me just kind of hoped they played Raspberry Beret cause it's my favorite Prince song and I love the piano version they do.

Chris Martin is probably the only person in the world who can make 50,000 people duck down on the floor and jump up at command. I love him so much and I will always connect "abajooo" with that even though he of course says it in English now haha[emoji23]

I just wished the AOAL ballons had reached us and I could have taken one home!

The C-Stage part was really amazing even though the request was with In My Place not as overwhelming as I hoped to (But still really great if course!). But they played Don't Panic. Which means… JONNY SINGING! and freaking out to it after Chris told us to! See You Soon of course was amazing as well, hearing Oldplay live is always great. All in all I felt pretty lucky with the setlist.

But then sadly the show was approaching its end, but that also meant a few more of my favorite songs. Amazing Day means quite a lot to me recently plus the Buckin aww. And later Chris climbed up the stage behind Will and kind of sat down there while singing which I found pretty cute. ASFOS. One more song to go crazy to with dancing (just like Chris) and it was so beautiful with the lights, stage visuals and star confetti. The whole audience was A Sky Full Of Stars and we got lighter the more it got dark[emoji6]

Then it was time for Up&Up. My favorite song from AHFOD, its message is just so amazing and Jonny’s solos! I was so sad it was over but I think it's the most amazing thing of them to do to close with that line “BELIEVE IN LOVE” with the whole crowd screaming. It's like their ultimate message, what they want all of us to take home from the concert. I love it so much, that's one of those things that makes me think “How can they even be so fucking perfect??”

Sorry, fangirl mode.[emoji16]

All in all, it was the best night of my life, the most amazing experience I ever had. I remember in an interview Chris once said they want to make the fans feel like they've landed in a different world or something like this and they totally accomplished that.

I kind of expected to get this post-concert-depression thing afterwards but I totally didn't. Actually I was the happiest I've ever been in my life after it for a few months, it's like they left this little spark in me, it's magic. Chris found the right word for it with “Everglow”.

And I'm also discovering what their message means for my life more and more.

And actually, how could I ever have been sad after being able to see my favorite people in the world, the people who inspire me to anything I do and to be the best version of myself?

• Like 5

"Then it was time for Up&Up. My favorite song from AHFOD, its message is just so amazing and Jonny’s solos! I was so sad it was over but I think it's the most amazing thing of them to do to close with that line “BELIEVE IN LOVE” with the whole crowd screaming. It's like their ultimate message, what they want all of us to take home from the concert. I love it so much, that's one of those things that makes me think “How can they even be so fucking perfect??”

I remember in an interview Chris once said they want to make

And actually, how could I ever have been sad after being able to see my favorite people in the world, the people who inspire me to anything I do and to be the best version of mylf ? "

yeah can totally relate to this !!

• Like 1

I probably don't have a realistic chance since I don't have any amazing stories like making new Coldplayer friends, or being front row or doing the intro video or whatever, but If you never try you'll never know and I love writing about my experience anyway, so here you go:

June 1st in Gelsenkirchen was my first concert ever in my life. I didn't think this would actually happen, but I couldn't give up obviously and eventually I managed to get tickets and find a way to get there and felt like the happiest person in the world[emoji16]

Sadly I couldn't arrive early and queue cause I had school in the morning and the drive with all the traffic took around 4 hours. I would have loved to get to know other Coldplayers while waiting and get further to the front. But it turned out FOS2 was NOT on the front of the stage anyway, which was considering that the prices for FOS1 and FOS2 seemed to be the same kind of annoying.

But aside with the negative things, the most important thing for me was that I got to see Coldplay. I remember when I was handed my loVe button and xyloband I got so incredibly excited, I always dreamt of having one.

After buying overexpensive merch and finding our place in the stadium Alessia Cara also started soon.

I liked her a lot actually. Most people say they liked Lianne La Havas better, but I really enjoyed her music and could relate to many of her songs and she seemed like a really nice person to me. Sadly her set was only really short.

Here's a picture I took while she was on:

3b6f0adf7cc9e8554ac6db9a5431ddcc.jpg

(Really bad quality I know haha)

I enjoyed Lianne as well, her music wasn't exactly my thing though but she has a really great voice.

After that we had to wait a little and excitement was growing more and more as 9pm came closer.

Here's a picture of the roadies building up the stage (I didn't take any pictures later cause I wanted to focus on nothing but coldplay and apart from that my phone had no energy left):

e327ff207afae18071a3eb96f5fd180e.jpg

And the excitedly waiting crowd:

50571e6417618302ab51870752823fa4.jpg

Then it was time. O babbino mio (is that what it's called?) started and I knew it would only be seconds until Coldplay. Then it became dark and the Great Dictator speech fading into the AHFOD intro with the whole crowd lighting up red and OMG I almost died. I had dreamt of this moment so often watching it on YouTube or Periscope. My first time seeing the magic with my own eyes. It was crazy and that was the moment when I started to totally forget about reality and arrived in the colorful paradise of a Coldplay show where we all are “one big family” to quote Chris. I danced, sung and screamed like nobody was watching or hearing and didn't care that the crowd around me was mostly rather boring, only clapping and moving a little but mostly filming. I felt like I had finally arrived at my home.

To be honest at the beginning it was a really strange feeling to see them in real life even though I wasn't that close. I've watched so many videos but that they were actually THERE as real persons gave me this strange excited feeling in my stomach.

It was incredible to hear Yellow live for the first time and I loved when the crowd started singing pretty loud at the end of The Scientist so even Chris got surprised.

ETIAW and Birds makes two more of my favorite songs ever hearing live. ETIAW actually means quite a lot to me cause it always helps me through hard times and I can relate to it so much. And I love Chris getting silly and running around with the flag, putting it over his head etc.[emoji23]

A Coldplay concert probably also is the only concert where you see the frontman laying and rolling around on the stage and I freaking love it! It shows us that sometimes we should take things too seriously[emoji6]

The Paradise remix was just… wow. This is one of the most amazing additions they made to this tour imo, even though I’d wish for a more rocky song like Violet Hill or GPASUYF to dance to this was just incredible. The energy and magic of it can't be described in words.

When they moved to the B-Stage I sadly couldn't see too much anymore, but it was still amazing. I loved when the piano was broken (why does it always break during Everglow?) and Chris decided to tell a joke and then play Lovers in Japan first. At first I didn't realize they would have played it anyway, but I felt really blessed to get to hear LiJ live. VLVODAAHF is my favorite album and this song would have been my second choice for the song request (I requested Gravity) so it totally made up for not being chosen (what I didn't really expect to happen anyway).

One of my favorite things were the lasers first during Clocks (and the drums+piano on it, incredible!) and during Midnight, they just looked so cool like landing in another world… And then Charlie Brown started. (Now I still expect Charlie Brown to start every time I listen to Midnight[emoji23] ) That was one of the moments I looked forward to the most, the xylobands and dancing to Charlie Brown. I went completely crazy haha[emoji1] It's like the xylobands are made for that song. I feel like the xylobands are just a whole new level of connecting the band and the audience and creating visuals, I'm still really proud of my guys for introducing this awesomeness to the world.[emoji16]

And getting to hear Fix You (my favorite song) live for the first time and singing the Viva chant with the rest of the crowd was one of those moments as well. Fix You means more to me than words will ever be able to describe, it still feels surreal that I heard it live. And VLV is probably my second favorite song, the strings take me straight into a different world and I think it's one of the best songs ever written.

The Heroes cover was incredible, I'm glad they choose to always do it. Part of me just kind of hoped they played Raspberry Beret cause it's my favorite Prince song and I love the piano version they do.

Chris Martin is probably the only person in the world who can make 50,000 people duck down on the floor and jump up at command. I love him so much and I will always connect "abajooo" with that even though he of course says it in English now haha[emoji23]

I just wished the AOAL ballons had reached us and I could have taken one home!

The C-Stage part was really amazing even though the request was with In My Place not as overwhelming as I hoped to (But still really great if course!). But they played Don't Panic. Which means… JONNY SINGING! and freaking out to it after Chris told us to! See You Soon of course was amazing as well, hearing Oldplay live is always great. All in all I felt pretty lucky with the setlist.

But then sadly the show was approaching its end, but that also meant a few more of my favorite songs. Amazing Day means quite a lot to me recently plus the Buckin aww. And later Chris climbed up the stage behind Will and kind of sat down there while singing which I found pretty cute. ASFOS. One more song to go crazy to with dancing (just like Chris) and it was so beautiful with the lights, stage visuals and star confetti. The whole audience was A Sky Full Of Stars and we got lighter the more it got dark[emoji6]

Then it was time for Up&Up. My favorite song from AHFOD, its message is just so amazing and Jonny’s solos! I was so sad it was over but I think it's the most amazing thing of them to do to close with that line “BELIEVE IN LOVE” with the whole crowd screaming. It's like their ultimate message, what they want all of us to take home from the concert. I love it so much, that's one of those things that makes me think “How can they even be so fucking perfect??”

All in all, it was the best night of my life, the most amazing experience I ever had. I remember in an interview Chris once said they want to make the fans feel like they've landed in a different world or something like this and they totally accomplished that.

I kind of expected to get this post-concert-depression thing afterwards but I totally didn't. Actually I was the happiest I've ever been in my life after it for a few months, it's like they left this little spark in me, it's magic. Chris found the right word for it with “Everglow”.

And actually, how could I ever have been sad after being able to see my favorite people in the world, the people who inspire me to anything I do and to be the best version of myself?

Great review ! You heard Lovers in Japan, Don't Panic, In My Place and See You Soon in one concert ? Wow !!! :D

And about your first sentence, it's just my opinion, but I personally think it does not necessarily matter if you got front row, got chosen for the intro video or got to high-five Guy or something similar (not to say this isn't cool !). What I mean is, you could have sat in the highest nosebleed seats in the stadium and still written an amazing review because I think what matters most is the way you feel the show.

• Like 7

Coldplay // 8.6.16 // Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)

I. Soundcheck

We arrived at the stadium at about 4:45pm. Walking up, I could hear Chris’s voice. Naturally, I took my phone out and the recording madness began…

Ink (sort of) – not sure what Chris is singing here, but you can hear the Ink guitar riff every now and then

Ink (for real)

AROBTTH (actual song starts at about 1:40)

One I Love

AHFOD

???

It was so cool to hear AROBTTH and One I Love – technically I can now say I’ve heard the band perform them live! Just not seen them perform it. :P And some of what they played I didn’t recognize, so if anyone can tell what those are (if not just random jamming) please let me know so I can update the video descriptions! :D

We met this one young guy who was here for his first Coldplay concert. He'd been a fan during MX tour but wasn't able to go to a show. He ended up having to leave to put his backpack into a locker, but we actually ran into him again inside. I didn't get his name or anything, but hope he had a great time!

II. Getting Upgraded In A Different Way

Some of you might have seen the outfit I made for this concert. I actually got quite a few compliments on my shoes before the show. When I showed up at LFF, I was all decked out with bracelets, glowsticks – I even brought my Mylo Xyloto doll back for the action (with a new white Xyloband and Love pin)! We made sure to stop by the Oxfam table and sign the Stand as One petition as well (and of course I went for the yellow bracelet). :D

IMG_20160806_175357_zps3lnppqun.jpg

My friend Maddie came with me to the concert, because the person I was supposed to go with originally couldn’t make it. However, we had seats way up in the nosebleeds and she has a definite fear of heights (which she thought she might be able to work through like she’s done in the past). We walked around the 100s section for a while, but even down there she was panicking a lot. The heat did very little to help.

We went up the escalator (because there weren’t any elevators up to the 200s) but only made it one flight up to the Club seats and we had to stop because her anxiety got really bad. One of the staff (didn’t get his name) came over and asked if she was OK and if there was anything he could do, like ask his supervisor if they had anything available in a lower section. So we sat down and after a few minutes this woman named Liz came over and she helped us exchange our tickets for seats in 114!!

IMG_20160806_190328_zpscgq3njgb.jpg

This was actually a really great spot, because we were on the end so no one blocked our view of any of the stages, and there was no one behind us so standing the entire show wasn't an issue (Maddie didn't stand the entire time, but I sure did). So, shoutout to the LFF staff for being so kind and helpful. I was worried Maddie would have to watch/listen from the outside where they sell the food like she said she was going to do. :|

I had hoped maybe we could get upgraded (like I did during MX tour) but neither of us expected to be upgraded in this way. :lol: And once we were in the process of having our tickets changed Maddie was able to calm down and the rest of the night was fine. We never made it up to the 200s, so I have no idea how high our original seats even were. :P

By the time we got to our seats, Foxes was already on. Both Foxes and Alessia Cara were really good. I felt bad, because I had to get up a few times during their sets to get some water (from the fountain, you know, for free – more on this later from Chris :P), but it was just so hot and I figured it was better to skip out than to die from dehydration.

Well, then soon enough (although it didn’t feel soon in the moment), the lights went down and Charlie Chaplin came over the speakers…

III. Coldplay Takes the Stage

It turns out there are very few songs I didn’t take video of. But you’ll probably see from the quality of the camera work that I mostly just held my phone and let it do all the work. So when Chris said, “When Will starts drumming, the hands go up!” my hands went up, even if I was holding my phone. :P

There were a few songs that the audience kinda quieted down for, but it felt like most of the time every single person in the stadium was super into it. Chris will always say to audiences that they’re the best audience the band has played for, but in this instance he could be telling the truth. ;) ("Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right")

Fan intro video & band coming onstage

Chris talking at end of Yellow

End of ETIAW

The Scientist Singalong into Birds

The singalong was great, during both The Scientist and Fix You (which I didn’t get video of, so if anyone has it please post it! We all sounded great for those two seconds when Chris stopped playing the piano.)

Birds was probably the song I was most excited for. It has easily become my favorite off of AHFOD and it holds up just as well live. I might have been the only person in my section who knew any of the words, but that didn’t stop me from singing every one of them.

By the way, that shriek in Birds was not me but kudos to whoever it was. I’m with you on that one.

Always In My Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2w7XIRun2c

It was strange for me to realize during the concert that despite having heard live versions of the songs from Ghost Stories, I hadn’t actually heard any of them live in person. Always In My Head is such a great song – and it really fits this past week for me, waiting for this concert: “I think of you, I haven’t slept” :P

Chris on Tailgating & Everglow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIpGEAitBc

“I always wondered why everyone tailgated in Philadelphia and why you had so many parties. Then I saw the price of beer and water and I was like, ‘Oh, I see why everyone eats outside’… We’re in the wrong business, we should be selling water at football stadiums. We could make a fortune!”

Heroes Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60C1eXdMco

The Guest House // Amazing Grace & Don’t Panic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50wkaM2di8

For some reason, at 3:15 in that video there was a random/unsuccessful USA chant. It confused and amused me at the same time.

But then the band went into Don’t Panic (3:27), and I got excited to hear Jonny sing. Chris did his usual stopping of the song to talk about how much Jonny doesn’t like singing (but likes talking about space :wacko:), then proceeded to make Jonny sing his part not one, but two more times. Jonny was laughing at the end of it. :wacky:

Band Intro & In My Place & Til Kingdom Come (Request)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCCfqG0W5o

Part of me wants to be bummed that the request song was Til Kingdom Come (was really hoping for A Message), but it was just so beautiful that I don’t honestly care that much. This was one of the only songs I didn’t sing along with, because I just wanted to hear Chris’s beautiful voice and the lovely music. :heart:

Streets of Philadelphia Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7833Dt2a38

Amazing Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZtHre5TXE

End of ASFOS & Up & Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9B6Tsak_U

And then it was over. I couldn’t believe how fast it went, but I was still channeling my inner Chris and just feeling very grateful to be there. :P My experience at this concert was very different from the other two I’ve been to, this being the first one where I was not at any point in front of the band on one stage or another, but it was still an incredible night. There's nothing quite like being in the same place as thousands of other people who are sharing in the Coldplay love. I’m looking forward to the next time I get to see them live, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later. :wacky:

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...
Coldplay // 8.6.16 // Philadelphia (Lincoln Financial Field)

I. Soundcheck

We arrived at the stadium at about 4:45pm. Walking up, I could hear Chris’s voice. Naturally, I took my phone out and the recording madness began…

Ink (sort of) – not sure what Chris is singing here, but you can hear the Ink guitar riff every now and then

Ink (for real)

AROBTTH (actual song starts at about 1:40)

One I Love

AHFOD

???

It was so cool to hear AROBTTH and One I Love – technically I can now say I’ve heard the band perform them live! Just not seen them perform it. :P And some of what they played I didn’t recognize, so if anyone can tell what those are (if not just random jamming) please let me know so I can update the video descriptions! :D

We met this one young guy who was here for his first Coldplay concert. He'd been a fan during MX tour but wasn't able to go to a show. He ended up having to leave to put his backpack into a locker, but we actually ran into him again inside. I didn't get his name or anything, but hope he had a great time!

II. Getting Upgraded In A Different Way

Some of you might have seen the outfit I made for this concert. I actually got quite a few compliments on my shoes before the show. When I showed up at LFF, I was all decked out with bracelets, glowsticks – I even brought my Mylo Xyloto doll back for the action (with a new white Xyloband and Love pin)! We made sure to stop by the Oxfam table and sign the Stand as One petition as well (and of course I went for the yellow bracelet). :D

IMG_20160806_175357_zps3lnppqun.jpg

My friend Maddie came with me to the concert, because the person I was supposed to go with originally couldn’t make it. However, we had seats way up in the nosebleeds and she has a definite fear of heights (which she thought she might be able to work through like she’s done in the past). We walked around the 100s section for a while, but even down there she was panicking a lot. The heat did very little to help.

We went up the escalator (because there weren’t any elevators up to the 200s) but only made it one flight up to the Club seats and we had to stop because her anxiety got really bad. One of the staff (didn’t get his name) came over and asked if she was OK and if there was anything he could do, like ask his supervisor if they had anything available in a lower section. So we sat down and after a few minutes this woman named Liz came over and she helped us exchange our tickets for seats in 114!!

IMG_20160806_190328_zpscgq3njgb.jpg

This was actually a really great spot, because we were on the end so no one blocked our view of any of the stages, and there was no one behind us so standing the entire show wasn't an issue (Maddie didn't stand the entire time, but I sure did). So, shoutout to the LFF staff for being so kind and helpful. I was worried Maddie would have to watch/listen from the outside where they sell the food like she said she was going to do. :|

I had hoped maybe we could get upgraded (like I did during MX tour) but neither of us expected to be upgraded in this way. :lol: And once we were in the process of having our tickets changed Maddie was able to calm down and the rest of the night was fine. We never made it up to the 200s, so I have no idea how high our original seats even were. :P

By the time we got to our seats, Foxes was already on. Both Foxes and Alessia Cara were really good. I felt bad, because I had to get up a few times during their sets to get some water (from the fountain, you know, for free – more on this later from Chris :P), but it was just so hot and I figured it was better to skip out than to die from dehydration.

Well, then soon enough (although it didn’t feel soon in the moment), the lights went down and Charlie Chaplin came over the speakers…

III. Coldplay Takes the Stage

It turns out there are very few songs I didn’t take video of. But you’ll probably see from the quality of the camera work that I mostly just held my phone and let it do all the work. So when Chris said, “When Will starts drumming, the hands go up!” my hands went up, even if I was holding my phone. :P

There were a few songs that the audience kinda quieted down for, but it felt like most of the time every single person in the stadium was super into it. Chris will always say to audiences that they’re the best audience the band has played for, but in this instance he could be telling the truth. ;) ("Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right")

Fan intro video & band coming onstage

Chris talking at end of Yellow

End of ETIAW

The Scientist Singalong into Birds

The singalong was great, during both The Scientist and Fix You (which I didn’t get video of, so if anyone has it please post it! We all sounded great for those two seconds when Chris stopped playing the piano.)

Birds was probably the song I was most excited for. It has easily become my favorite off of AHFOD and it holds up just as well live. I might have been the only person in my section who knew any of the words, but that didn’t stop me from singing every one of them.

By the way, that shriek in Birds was not me but kudos to whoever it was. I’m with you on that one.

Always In My Head

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2w7XIRun2c

It was strange for me to realize during the concert that despite having heard live versions of the songs from Ghost Stories, I hadn’t actually heard any of them live in person. Always In My Head is such a great song – and it really fits this past week for me, waiting for this concert: “I think of you, I haven’t slept” :P

Chris on Tailgating & Everglow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyIpGEAitBc

“I always wondered why everyone tailgated in Philadelphia and why you had so many parties. Then I saw the price of beer and water and I was like, ‘Oh, I see why everyone eats outside’… We’re in the wrong business, we should be selling water at football stadiums. We could make a fortune!”

Heroes Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q60C1eXdMco

The Guest House // Amazing Grace & Don’t Panic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c50wkaM2di8

For some reason, at 3:15 in that video there was a random/unsuccessful USA chant. It confused and amused me at the same time.

But then the band went into Don’t Panic (3:27), and I got excited to hear Jonny sing. Chris did his usual stopping of the song to talk about how much Jonny doesn’t like singing (but likes talking about space :wacko:), then proceeded to make Jonny sing his part not one, but two more times. Jonny was laughing at the end of it. :wacky:

Band Intro & In My Place & Til Kingdom Come (Request)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvCCfqG0W5o

Part of me wants to be bummed that the request song was Til Kingdom Come (was really hoping for A Message), but it was just so beautiful that I don’t honestly care that much. This was one of the only songs I didn’t sing along with, because I just wanted to hear Chris’s beautiful voice and the lovely music. :heart:

Streets of Philadelphia Cover

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7833Dt2a38

Amazing Day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVZtHre5TXE

End of ASFOS & Up & Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9B6Tsak_U

And then it was over. I couldn’t believe how fast it went, but I was still channeling my inner Chris and just feeling very grateful to be there. :P My experience at this concert was very different from the other two I’ve been to, this being the first one where I was not at any point in front of the band on one stage or another, but it was still an incredible night. There's nothing quite like being in the same place as thousands of other people who are sharing in the Coldplay love. I’m looking forward to the next time I get to see them live, which hopefully will be sooner rather than later. :wacky:

I can't get any of your videos to play [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here it is my review. I hope you like it even if I don't win I'm happy to share my journey to my first Coldplay concert :)

Chronicle of An Adventure Of A Lifetime

Mexico City, April 15, 2016

I woke up early like a normal Friday, the difference, I was going to a Coldplay concert. It was the first time I was going to sing my favorite songs with thousands of fans along with my favorite band. Before hand, I knew it was going to be amazing as videos shared from around the world showed me the great performance this group of friends are able to make.

That wasn't the only special part of the day. I was selected to be a volunteer for Global Citizen. It was very tiring as we stood under the sun rays and walking around the venue but it was awesome to see them interested in signing a petition. At 12 o'clock we met with the rest of the volunteers. I'm talking in plural because two days before the organiser asked me if I knew a friend who would be interested in joining us, and replaced someone who wasn't able anymore. Luckily, my sister was free and so we started this adventure. We introduce ourselves and we were told what was our job during the day. The organiser gave us the materials we needed and there we were asking fans who were queuing very early to see the band to sign a petition for gender equality. It was an exhausted afternoon, but so worthy. Fans were interested in helping us to promote an important cause. Their involvement was amazing; they payed attention to what we were saying, and they wanted to be tattooed as well. There was a moment when we decided to move to the other gate and the shortest way was passing through the standing are. Firstly, we weren't allowed to walk in that area, so Phoebe (the organiser) helped us to go through it. And we started walking a little bit excited because we were seeing the stage before the rest of the fans. I was expecting just to see it a little bit far from one side of the venue and i though we were walking around the speedway (the venue is a speedway for F1 race competition and a baseball fie). To our surprise, Phoebe told us to cross the standing area to get faster, so we were actually inside the venue before everyone else! I couldn't miss the opportunity and I took a picture even when I was told not to do so.

[ATTACH=full]5748[/ATTACH]

At 4:45 we met at the gate. We gave back the materials and we were given the Xylobands. It was an amazing feeling. I finally had in my hands a wristband I had only seen on pictures. We started walking to the venue my excitement was increasing even when I was so tired I was about to see my favorite band! And there we were, Phoebe told us the last piece of information before we chose the area we wanted to be standing. We all agreed close to the B stage was the perfect area and it was the right decision.

The first opening act was a Mexican singer, Ximena Sariñana. She was good but it's not the kind of music I listen to so it was good to start the evening. Then we listened to Liane La Havas. She has a wonderful voice and a great way to involve the audience. There was a moment when we sing along to one of her songs. My favorite song of hers was Green and Gold. It has a good vibe.

Finally, the big moment was about to start. The lights went down. The opera song started, I knew they were coming as in previous tours they played a similar song. Now, fans from South America were greeting other countries. Someone said "Hola, a nuestros amigos de Ciudad de México". Fans went crazy. Everyone was screaming. The Xylobands turn on in a beautiful red except mine, but who cares, Coldplay was coming! The speech was increasing the excitement. And A Head Full Of Dreams started, I scream so loud. They were on stage playing live in front of thousands of fans and I was there screaming, singing, jumping. I couldn't believe it. The confetti makes the song has a huge explosion of colors. Next the venue turn into yellow as the first notes of Yellow started to sound. Every one screamed so loud and started singing along as loud as possible and so was I. I even sang "my love" just like Chris does on those videos I've seen. I can’t remember the order of the next songs, but I do remember what I felt. Birds sounded stunning and I closed my eyes whenChris sang "close your eyes and see" and I saw my dream coming true. Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall where Chris raised the Mexican flag with Will playing the drums so hard and me singing the line that represents what I believe "I rather be a comma than a full stop". Singing along to The Scientist was another stand out moment. Hearing more than 60,000 fans singing it gave me goosebumps. Paradise was gorgeous and the remix isn't my favorite but the lasers were such a great delightful moment for our eyes.

[ATTACH=full]5749[/ATTACH]

Lights went down again and all I could hear was fans screaming as they were approaching the stage. Chris asked to turn the lights on. He greeted us; we replied with a huge scream. He introduced the band. It was so lovely and so funny to hear him talking in Spanish. He referred to Jonny, Guy and Will as if they were females saying "nuestra guitarrista" instead of "nuestro guitarrista" and he introduced himself as Ricky Martin. They started playing Magic. My fangirl side remembers this song as the one where Chris has sexy movements and the normal coldplayer side of me remembers Chris being silly trying to put a sombrero on Guy's head and then wearing it himself. The next songs were Princess of China and Everglow. They were so close to me. I was watching them right in front of me, it wasn't a video, it was them in real life.

[ATTACH=full]5750[/ATTACH]

The band went back to the main stage. I'm glad they keep Midnight on this tour, my only complaint is they don't play it live and the laser arp isn't touring anymore. Then Heroes. I think Coldplay is able to do any cover that will sound as amazing as the original. Jonny does a great guitar riff at the beginning. It was good to hear Charlie Brown live watching the Xylobands glowing in the dark with fans jumping and clapping following the rhythm of the song. Fix You is a classic. Coldplayers were singing along and Chris was approaching the B stage as Guy started playing the bass. In this new version I could see him singing with so much passion that I forgot how good it is when he plays the piano. He was looking at us and I think he looked at me as I was waving with the rhythm of the song. I'm not sure what my reaction was and I'm not even sure if he looked at me but that's what I want to believe.

The next songs were amazing as well. Hymn For The Weekend wasn't a great song played live but hearing it live changed my mind. The visual effects, the pyrotechnics and the confetti helps to make this song a great one. Then Viva La Vida my all time favorite song. The Coldplay song I loved the first time I heard it without even knowing who sang on it and without knowing the story behind it. Chris dedicated this song to Frida or did he thank her? I can't remember the excitement to hear it live for the first time moved me to sing along as loud as I could. Will playing the drums and bell and leading the fans to sing the Viva chant was a stand out moment. Adventure Of A Lifetime isn't just the name of the next song it was the journey I was living. It was me a diamond taking shape, it was me waiting for the moment to jump just after Chris asked us to go "abajou", it was me looking around to see the balloons and Xylobands glowing in different colors.

They left the stage what only meant one thing: the band was about to walk centimetres away from me to go to the C stage. Kaleidoscope started playing as the venue was lighted up by the changing colors of the Xylobands followed by the President of the US singing Amazing Grace. Coldplayers started to scream, oh my God they were walking down the stairs and some lanterns were lighting their way to the small stage, they were walking right in front of me, I couldn't help screaming their names and I touched Will's finger tips. I tried to record the moment but my excitement didn't let me and all I can see now on that video are their feet but that doesn't mean I'll have that memory forever in my mind. They played The Hardest Part, Ink and See You Soon. The people around me didn't seem to know the songs except for a girl who I heard singing along to them. Chris said they decided to play See You Soon as an extra because they were having fun.

The last three songs were coming. Amazing Day being played with just Chris and Jonny on guitar was a lovely thing to witness. The best of friends walking back to the main stage as the lyrics goes "forget the world and its weight" felt like the sum up of the concert were all we can think of is "anything is possible" and life is great. Just as I was singing "oh thanks God you must have heard when I prayed" A Sky Full Of Stars started. The last song to jump and dance like no one is watching. A song were coldplayers are together to enjoy the best band doing the best concert we have ever seen.

The last song: Up&Up. The time to say goodbye was coming and I just sang as loud as possible feeling every single line and trying to keep every single moment in my mind. I hugged my sister as we were watching my favorite band. They say goodbye and we responded with a huge scream like only Mexican fans do.

What a wonderful journey! I'm so thankful with Global Citizen and Coldplay. I'm not the luckiest girl in terms of winning the lottery or the simplest raffle, but that day the Coldplay karma was on my side. I'll keep forever in my heart April 15. I went on April 16 as well, but that's another story as wonderful as this one.

#BelieveInLove

[ATTACH=full]5751[/ATTACH]

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

This is a review of my concert 2 weeks ago at Night 2 of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA on August 21. I’ve been completely busy since school resumed the day after my concert, and even though I have tons of assignments right now, I’m procrastinating by writing this review (while listening to Coldplay ofc).

Ok, brace yourselves people.

The time was finally here. After 7 months of waiting the time had come. Well, almost. It was one day away. For these past 7 months, it felt like the day would NEVER come. But on this day, the day before the big day, it finally hit me that in just a matter of hours I was once again going to see the four beautiful people who have carried my world since 2006. It came so slow yet so fast.

Since I went to both nights, I will review the second night since that was the most exciting night for me as I had floor seats and it was also the night I happened to film some songs (which I will embed throughout this review). So I had floor seats for this night and I was surprised to discover that THEY. WERE. DIRECTLY. NEXT. TO. THE. B. STAGE WHAAAAAAAAT?!! When I bought the tickets I had no idea whereabouts on the floor I was going to be, so when I found out when I arrived to the venue, I nearly had a heart attack lol. Keep in mind that although this was my second night (and 10th time overall) I was still so fricking excited as though I was seeing my favorite band for the very first time, a feeling which I’m sure many of you are all familiar with. It was not until O Mio Babbino Caro started playing that I REALLY I MEAN REALLY started freaking out (there may have been some tears too not gonna lie). In the moments right before they appear onstage, I immediately feel my heart racing as though it is going to burst through my chest, and butterflies start making their home in my stomach . It happens before every Coldplay concert without fail. That night was no exception. As soon as Charlie Chaplin came on, I lost it. That speech is really such a perfect start to the show as it still very relevant today, and I feel like we need to hear it today more than ever. Throughout most of AHFOD I was crying because I just could not believe my eyes and could not believe I had the privilege of being in the presence of the best band in the world yet again :bigcry:(and yes, that is me screaming at the beginning of the video…and at the end lol). Boy, I was in for quite a show! By the time Chris ran down the catwalk as the colorful confetti burst from the cannons (at 2:31) and the fireworks lit up the night sky, I was shaking (as you can probably tell from my filming).

Screenshot_20160824-153248_zpsqmabfgkb.png

One memorable moment for me was during ETIAW when Chris took out our American flag as he sang “but still I’ll raise the flag.” From that moment on he kept it tucked in his pocket as has been customary at every concert thus far. The 5th song, Birds, was a very special song for me to witness played live as it is one of my favorites off AHFOD, and this was my first time experiencing it (besides Night 1) (I didn’t record it because I honestly couldn’t be bothered I was so enthralled by seeing it live for the first time!). Every song up until Birds the audience was singing along so loudly that it was hard to hear myself singing along. As soon I burst my lungs out during Birds as I had done for every other song prior, I could feel the people around me staring at me, perhaps surprised that I knew the words to this song (it is quite a rapid tempo song) but most likely embarrassed by my horrid singing lol. It was such a treat to see Tiesto’s remix of Paradise :elephant: :flutterby: live (pictured) and Chris and Jonny rocking out to it on their electric guitars :guitarist:, though I could tell from many confused faces around me that no one had expected that from Coldplay (that’s one of the MANY things I love/admire about them, how unpredictable they can be!).

Screenshot_20160824-153102_zps9emhh9wc.png

So remember that heart attack that I nearly had at the start or the show? Well, when the boys came to the B-stage WHERE I WAS GOOD LORD I think I actually had that heart attack :dead::laugh4: Even though it was my 5th or 6th time seeing them so up close I still lost it. I was in shock, I could barely function, breathe, speak, etc. It happens every time as if I’ve never seen them so up close before. Right as the first notes of Always in My Head began playing, Chris requested the phone of the fan standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! He filmed Will, then Jonny, then Guy, then himself <3 (as seen in the video).

After AIMH was Magic and that’s exactly what it was… pure magic wow. I had seen this one live before when I saw them at Sony Studios for the GS NBC taping, and this time was just as if not more beautiful! My favorite part of the song was toward the end when on the jumbo screen you could see a pair of transparent Ghost Stories wings gradually appear behind Chris seemingly attaching to his back :angel: as he sang the final lines.

The last song they played on the B-stage was Everglow. But before it started, Chris, as always, thanked the audience for taking time out of their busy day to endure the L.A. traffic to come and see them. He is so sweet. As soon as Chris started playing the first notes some guy screamed “Have my babies, I want you to have my babies!” my gosh it was so hilarious :laugh4: (lol I don’t blame him but this is Everglow so shush please). Up until now, Everglow was not one of my favorites off AHFOD. It never really elicited much of an emotional response from me whenever I would listen to it. However, when I saw and heard Chris play it live on his little piano, I was completely in awe of his tremendous outpour of passion and emotion into the song. In those few minutes I felt as though I completely understood exactly what Chris was feeling when he composed the song so much so that for the first time ever I found myself crying to Everglow. Now I don’t know about you guys but when an artist is able to accomplish that, that is for me so indicative of the tremendous talent and pure genius of that artist (as if we had any doubts of Coldplay’s talent and needed me to prove it to you, right?). Although of course no one except Chris himself really truly knows what Chris was going through during those difficult years, having some background knowledge of his heartbreak and healing allowed me to feel connected to him if only for those few minutes, especially since it also suddenly brought to mind instances in my life when good things have ended and left a previously indescribable, inexplicable feeling (the sweet part in bittersweet) that I now know is called everglow. Furthermore, in all the 8 shows I had hitherto attended I don’t think I had ever heard such beautiful, spot-on vocals from him. So now, because of this experience, Everglow is one of my top 3 favorite Coldplay songs. It was definitely the most special and defining moment of the night for me.

Clocks is always a highlight for me at every show I go to. Maybe it’s because I can’t help but air drum along with Will every time :drummer:…I just kind of have to. Plus, all those awesome lasers, I mean c’mon. Charlie Brown :charlie2: always gives me a feeling of togetherness whenever I see it played live, especially when accompanied by the thousands of synchronized twinkling xylobands and Chris’ energetic pleas to put our hands up in the air and jump, jump, jump, jump!! Of course, as dedicated fans, caught up in the excitement of it all, we all obey. :loveshower: What a sight! It’s one of those that you honestly have to experience for yourself to fully appreciate how beautiful it is.

As soon as we heard Bey’s harmonies at the beginning of HFTW we all grew even more excited. That song was liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Literally. I mean those fire torches, woah Coldplay.

Screenshot_20160822-170452_zpspzjogqya.png

Another highlight of the night came with Fix You. While lying down on the catwalk Chris began to sing the first lines and we all sang along with him in complete awe. As we all sang with as much passion and emotion as Chris poured into the song, you could tell that in those few minutes we were all seemingly united by our shared experience of loss at some point in our lives. And after that second chorus, shit got real, and we all belted out “Tears stream down your face…” as loud and as hard as our lungs permitted as tears indeed streamed down many of our faces :bigcry:.

Next came a very special moment of the night when they payed tribute to the late legend, Bowie, by covering Heroes. It was truly exceptional and unforgettable to witness it live. Then came my favorite anthem song of ever, Viva La Frickin Vida!:crown: Will’s drumming and bell ringing are always a treat to witness. And the “ohohohohohs” are truly something special, especially at the end of the song when the 39-year-old manchild wobbles around the C-stage as if in a drunken state and finally collapses and does some crazy body contortion (which I at the young age of 20 probably can’t even do) that us fangirls all freak out over. As Chris untwisted himself from his crazy contortion AOAL began playing and the party just got better! :dance: Those huge balloons are such a brilliant addition to the show! I feel like they brought everyone closer together (as if we weren’t already united enough) since we kind of helped each other out by tossing them to some people who hadn’t gotten a chance to touch them yet (the first night they made it all the way to the very back of the venue, talk about teamwork!) Also, Chris does one of his infamous “Belles” shout outs after everyone gets down low (you can listen in the video if you really pay attention) it’s really so cute. They’re just so cute together it’s too much! :bliss:

The boys then made their way to the C-stage where they played an acoustic In My Place, which I saw live the very first time I saw them in 2009 for the Viva tour and all throughout the MX tour (hands up if y’all remember it being the confetti song and the one Chris would now and then let Jonny sing the last note of), but never the acoustic version. Next came perhaps the most hilarious/special moment of the night…the band introductions. I always wonder, what stories is that comical frontman gonna concoct next? And let’s see how he’ll manage to embarrass the members this time. It’s honestly such a treat to hear Chris do some stand up (AKA normal talk for him bc he’s just naturally a comedian without even trying lol) mid show, like I would pay a ticket just for that. Just witnessing him gushing over his bffs (especially Guy) as they smile in embarrassment is truly something special. Literally every time Chris talks I don’t realize I’m constantly smiling like a dork until my cheeks start hurting from smiling so much :dazzled: haha. Aaaaanyways, after introducing James Corden they payed another tribute to yet another late legend, Prince, by covering Nothing Compares 2 U. I was just completely freaking out at this point because that is literally my ultimate faaaaaavorite Prince song! Although I wish I could have seen him play it himself, I’m so grateful and glad I got to hear it played live by four of the thousands of artists he has inspired. It was such a touching moment. And it was not much of a surprise to see that James can sing as he is the king of carpool karaoke after all. This was actually my second time seeing Coldplay and James together, the first being when I attended a taping of his show when Coldplay were the musical guests!

Then came perhaps the cutest moment of the night when the boys sang Happy Birthday to James and brought out a cake with candles! They’re honestly the sweetest guys ever! Although I had my eyes and ears set for a different song request, I must say that seeing Til Kingdom Come (again? Yes I know, I know they’ve played this request before but let’s face it they’re probably never gonna pick I Ran Away [which would have been my request] I hate to say it :disappointed::cry:) live was unforgettable as I had never seen it live before, and it’s also one of my favorites off X&Y along with A Message.

Screenshot_20160822-171349_zpsyaxe7nwr.png

I managed to get footage of Chris making his way back to B-stage to meet Jonny Boy for the start of Amazing Day! It’s so cute how they interact with each other especially during this song and then Chris locks arms with him so adorable :heart: The way the song transitions into ASFOS is one of the most beautiful things on earth! I was in awe as I saw the beautiful, colorful artwork fading into a backdrop of a literal sky full of stars right behind Chris who was at this point at the back of the A-stage. My eyes were completely transfixed! :o

Resized_Screenshot_20160904-165953_zpsv5mrgjxp.jpg

Resized_20160821_212000_zpsknd5vudf.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20160904-165912_zpshfhfv33o.jpg

After ASFOS came the bittersweet ending of the night, the final song, Up & Up. I was completely absorbed in the song, singing it with my eyes closed most of time, just trying to take in and cherish the last few moments I was going to spend with Coldplay until probably (hopefully?) months from now. I only filmed the very ending of this song with the fireworks and those last 3 small but powerful words at the very end of the song…Believe in Love. So simple, yet so meaningful. And it’s a message we need to hear today more than ever before, and there’s truly no one better to convey it than the epitome of kindness, selflessness, and love itself, the best band in existence…Coldplay. :heart:

Thank you for an Adventure of a Lifetime, Coldplay :clap:

20160821_230413_zps6zy3wr3f.jpg

20160821_230435_zpsffwbjpx6.jpg

20160821_230505_zpsbdqntw1z.jpg

20160821_230520_zpslozgu9fc.jpg

The final bows

20160821_230848_zpsugvpnnge.jpg

20160821_230855_zpsudjc3g3o.jpg

BELIEVE IN LOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!

20160821_230904_zpskmzea2gc.jpg

When he kisses the stage :heart:

20160821_230907_zpszqmckc0h.jpg

My treasures

2016-08-26%2007.18.05%201_zpsaa6hdkbs.jpg

To those readers who stuck it out to the very end: thank you for reading : )

• Like 9

This is a review of my concert 2 weeks ago at Night 2 of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA on August 21. I’ve been completely busy since school resumed the day after my concert, and even though I have tons of assignments right now, I’m procrastinating by writing this review (while listening to Coldplay ofc).

Ok, brace yourselves people.

The time was finally here. After 7 months of waiting the time had come. Well, almost. It was one day away. For these past 7 months, it felt like the day would NEVER come. But on this day, the day before the big day, it finally hit me that in just a matter of hours I was once again going to see the four beautiful people who have carried my world since 2006. It came so slow yet so fast.

Since I went to both nights, I will review the second night since that was the most exciting night for me as I had floor seats and it was also the night I happened to film some songs (which I will embed throughout this review). So I had floor seats for this night and I was surprised to discover that THEY. WERE. DIRECTLY. NEXT. TO. THE. B. STAGE WHAAAAAAAAT?!! When I bought the tickets I had no idea whereabouts on the floor I was going to be, so when I found out when I arrived to the venue, I nearly had a heart attack lol. Keep in mind that although this was my second night (and 10th time overall) I was still so fricking excited as though I was seeing my favorite band for the very first time, a feeling which I’m sure many of you are all familiar with. It was not until O Mio Babbino Caro started playing that I REALLY I MEAN REALLY started freaking out (there may have been some tears too not gonna lie). In the moments right before they appear onstage, I immediately feel my heart racing as though it is going to burst through my chest, and butterflies start making their home in my stomach . It happens before every Coldplay concert without fail. That night was no exception. As soon as Charlie Chaplin came on, I lost it. That speech is really such a perfect start to the show as it still very relevant today, and I feel like we need to hear it today more than ever. Throughout most of AHFOD I was crying because I just could not believe my eyes and could not believe I had the privilege of being in the presence of the best band in the world yet again :bigcry:(and yes, that is me screaming at the beginning of the video…and at the end lol). Boy, I was in for quite a show! By the time Chris ran down the catwalk as the colorful confetti burst from the cannons (at 2:31) and the fireworks lit up the night sky, I was shaking (as you can probably tell from my filming).

Screenshot_20160824-153248_zpsqmabfgkb.png

One memorable moment for me was during ETIAW when Chris took out our American flag as he sang “but still I’ll raise the flag.” From that moment on he kept it tucked in his pocket as has been customary at every concert thus far. The 5th song, Birds, was a very special song for me to witness played live as it is one of my favorites off AHFOD, and this was my first time experiencing it (besides Night 1) (I didn’t record it because I honestly couldn’t be bothered I was so enthralled by seeing it live for the first time!). Every song up until Birds the audience was singing along so loudly that it was hard to hear myself singing along. As soon I burst my lungs out during Birds as I had done for every other song prior, I could feel the people around me staring at me, perhaps surprised that I knew the words to this song (it is quite a rapid tempo song) but most likely embarrassed by my horrid singing lol. It was such a treat to see Tiesto’s remix of Paradise :elephant: :flutterby: live (pictured) and Chris and Jonny rocking out to it on their electric guitars :guitarist:, though I could tell from many confused faces around me that no one had expected that from Coldplay (that’s one of the MANY things I love/admire about them, how unpredictable they can be!).

Screenshot_20160824-153102_zps9emhh9wc.png

So remember that heart attack that I nearly had at the start or the show? Well, when the boys came to the B-stage WHERE I WAS GOOD LORD I think I actually had that heart attack :dead::laugh4: Even though it was my 5th or 6th time seeing them so up close I still lost it. I was in shock, I could barely function, breathe, speak, etc. It happens every time as if I’ve never seen them so up close before. Right as the first notes of Always in My Head began playing, Chris requested the phone of the fan standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME! He filmed Will, then Jonny, then Guy, then himself <3 (as seen in the video).

After AIMH was Magic and that’s exactly what it was… pure magic wow. I had seen this one live before when I saw them at Sony Studios for the GS NBC taping, and this time was just as if not more beautiful! My favorite part of the song was toward the end when on the jumbo screen you could see a pair of transparent Ghost Stories wings gradually appear behind Chris seemingly attaching to his back :angel: as he sang the final lines.

The last song they played on the B-stage was Everglow. But before it started, Chris, as always, thanked the audience for taking time out of their busy day to endure the L.A. traffic to come and see them. He is so sweet. As soon as Chris started playing the first notes some guy screamed “Have my babies, I want you to have my babies!” my gosh it was so hilarious :laugh4: (lol I don’t blame him but this is Everglow so shush please). Up until now, Everglow was not one of my favorites off AHFOD. It never really elicited much of an emotional response from me whenever I would listen to it. However, when I saw and heard Chris play it live on his little piano, I was completely in awe of his tremendous outpour of passion and emotion into the song. In those few minutes I felt as though I completely understood exactly what Chris was feeling when he composed the song so much so that for the first time ever I found myself crying to Everglow. Now I don’t know about you guys but when an artist is able to accomplish that, that is for me so indicative of the tremendous talent and pure genius of that artist (as if we had any doubts of Coldplay’s talent and needed me to prove it to you, right?). Although of course no one except Chris himself really truly knows what Chris was going through during those difficult years, having some background knowledge of his heartbreak and healing allowed me to feel connected to him if only for those few minutes, especially since it also suddenly brought to mind instances in my life when good things have ended and left a previously indescribable, inexplicable feeling (the sweet part in bittersweet) that I now know is called everglow. Furthermore, in all the 8 shows I had hitherto attended I don’t think I had ever heard such beautiful, spot-on vocals from him. So now, because of this experience, Everglow is one of my top 3 favorite Coldplay songs. It was definitely the most special and defining moment of the night for me.

Clocks is always a highlight for me at every show I go to. Maybe it’s because I can’t help but air drum along with Will every time :drummer:…I just kind of have to. Plus, all those awesome lasers, I mean c’mon. Charlie Brown :charlie2: always gives me a feeling of togetherness whenever I see it played live, especially when accompanied by the thousands of synchronized twinkling xylobands and Chris’ energetic pleas to put our hands up in the air and jump, jump, jump, jump!! Of course, as dedicated fans, caught up in the excitement of it all, we all obey. :loveshower: What a sight! It’s one of those that you honestly have to experience for yourself to fully appreciate how beautiful it is.

As soon as we heard Bey’s harmonies at the beginning of HFTW we all grew even more excited. That song was liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Literally. I mean those fire torches, woah Coldplay.

Screenshot_20160822-170452_zpspzjogqya.png

Another highlight of the night came with Fix You. While lying down on the catwalk Chris began to sing the first lines and we all sang along with him in complete awe. As we all sang with as much passion and emotion as Chris poured into the song, you could tell that in those few minutes we were all seemingly united by our shared experience of loss at some point in our lives. And after that second chorus, shit got real, and we all belted out “Tears stream down your face…” as loud and as hard as our lungs permitted as tears indeed streamed down many of our faces :bigcry:.

Next came a very special moment of the night when they payed tribute to the late legend, Bowie, by covering Heroes. It was truly exceptional and unforgettable to witness it live. Then came my favorite anthem song of ever, Viva La Frickin Vida!:crown: Will’s drumming and bell ringing are always a treat to witness. And the “ohohohohohs” are truly something special, especially at the end of the song when the 39-year-old manchild wobbles around the C-stage as if in a drunken state and finally collapses and does some crazy body contortion (which I at the young age of 20 probably can’t even do) that us fangirls all freak out over. As Chris untwisted himself from his crazy contortion AOAL began playing and the party just got better! :dance: Those huge balloons are such a brilliant addition to the show! I feel like they brought everyone closer together (as if we weren’t already united enough) since we kind of helped each other out by tossing them to some people who hadn’t gotten a chance to touch them yet (the first night they made it all the way to the very back of the venue, talk about teamwork!) Also, Chris does one of his infamous “Belles” shout outs after everyone gets down low (you can listen in the video if you really pay attention) it’s really so cute. They’re just so cute together it’s too much! :bliss:

The boys then made their way to the C-stage where they played an acoustic In My Place, which I saw live the very first time I saw them in 2009 for the Viva tour and all throughout the MX tour (hands up if y’all remember it being the confetti song and the one Chris would now and then let Jonny sing the last note of), but never the acoustic version. Next came perhaps the most hilarious/special moment of the night…the band introductions. I always wonder, what stories is that comical frontman gonna concoct next? And let’s see how he’ll manage to embarrass the members this time. It’s honestly such a treat to hear Chris do some stand up (AKA normal talk for him bc he’s just naturally a comedian without even trying lol) mid show, like I would pay a ticket just for that. Just witnessing him gushing over his bffs (especially Guy) as they smile in embarrassment is truly something special. Literally every time Chris talks I don’t realize I’m constantly smiling like a dork until my cheeks start hurting from smiling so much :dazzled: haha. Aaaaanyways, after introducing James Corden they payed another tribute to yet another late legend, Prince, by covering Nothing Compares 2 U. I was just completely freaking out at this point because that is literally my ultimate faaaaaavorite Prince song! Although I wish I could have seen him play it himself, I’m so grateful and glad I got to hear it played live by four of the thousands of artists he has inspired. It was such a touching moment. And it was not much of a surprise to see that James can sing as he is the king of carpool karaoke after all. This was actually my second time seeing Coldplay and James together, the first being when I attended a taping of his show when Coldplay were the musical guests!

Then came perhaps the cutest moment of the night when the boys sang Happy Birthday to James and brought out a cake with candles! They’re honestly the sweetest guys ever! Although I had my eyes and ears set for a different song request, I must say that seeing Til Kingdom Come (again? Yes I know, I know they’ve played this request before but let’s face it they’re probably never gonna pick I Ran Away [which would have been my request] I hate to say it :disappointed::cry:) live was unforgettable as I had never seen it live before, and it’s also one of my favorites off X&Y along with A Message.

Screenshot_20160822-171349_zpsyaxe7nwr.png

I managed to get footage of Chris making his way back to B-stage to meet Jonny Boy for the start of Amazing Day! It’s so cute how they interact with each other especially during this song and then Chris locks arms with him so adorable :heart: The way the song transitions into ASFOS is one of the most beautiful things on earth! I was in awe as I saw the beautiful, colorful artwork fading into a backdrop of a literal sky full of stars right behind Chris who was at this point at the back of the A-stage. My eyes were completely transfixed! :o

After ASFOS came the bittersweet ending of the night, the final song, Up & Up. I was completely absorbed in the song, singing it with my eyes closed most of time, just trying to take in and cherish the last few moments I was going to spend with Coldplay until probably (hopefully?) months from now. I only filmed the very ending of this song with the fireworks and those last 3 small but powerful words at the very end of the song…Believe in Love. So simple, yet so meaningful. And it’s a message we need to hear today more than ever before, and there’s truly no one better to convey it than the epitome of kindness, selflessness, and love itself, the best band in existence…Coldplay. :heart:

Thank you for an Adventure of a Lifetime, Coldplay :clap:

20160821_230413_zps6zy3wr3f.jpg

20160821_230435_zpsffwbjpx6.jpg

20160821_230505_zpsbdqntw1z.jpg

20160821_230520_zpslozgu9fc.jpg

The final bows

20160821_230848_zpsugvpnnge.jpg

20160821_230855_zpsudjc3g3o.jpg

BELIEVE IN LOOOOOOOOOVE!!!!

20160821_230904_zpskmzea2gc.jpg

When he kisses the stage :heart:

20160821_230907_zpszqmckc0h.jpg

My treasures

2016-08-26%2007.18.05%201_zpsaa6hdkbs.jpg

To those readers who stuck it out to the very end: thank you for reading : )

Thank you for the great review. What a magical night!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...