✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

CONTEST!!! Enter to win a set of AHFOD Buttons/Pins

Christa42

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible - Jew, Gentile, black man, white.”

My story begins in my bedroom on a quiet Thursday evening as I sit against a wall. 20 miles away, Coldplay was playing a concert. I had wanted to go many months before, but the plan never panned out, and I ended up not being able to go. The entire day I had been so disappointed and down, and nothing had really gotten me up. I had been scrambling to find a live stream of the concert on my phone, as I luckily did right at 9 P.M., as the band took the stage. From there, I watched the entire show beginning to end, quite miserable. Listening to them slightly cheered me up, yet I was still so dismayed that I wasn’t there in person. They were so close to me! 20 miles! I soon went to sleep, hoping to forget about it in the morning.

The next day, I went to school, and of course, I saw multiple people wearing Coldplay t-shirts, only worsening the disappointment that I wanted to rid of.

Later that night, I was relaxing in my room and scrolling through social media. The same old headlines, photos, and articles bombarded my feeds, but, eventually, I stumbled upon a post that immediately popped right out to me. The post said last-minute tickets had gone on sale for Coldplay’s show in San Francisco, taking place the next night. As I read this, I suddenly I froze, and a wild, wild idea popped into my head.

I then began making out an absurd plan of how I would somehow get myself from Las Vegas to San Francisco to see Coldplay in less than 24 hours. I presented the idea to my mom, and she laughed at me, saying that it wasn’t going to happen. Yet, I kept pleading her to go. I never, ever get this excited about something. Somehow, she was able to see that excitement, and she said let’s do it.

Less than 24 hours before the concert, we bought tickets for 25 dollars apiece, a true miracle. The next morning, we got up, showered, dressed, and hit the road.

“We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.”

The trip to San Francisco was an absolute blur of excitement, anxiousness, and fun. My mom and I listened to songs, talked, laughed. Stopping alongside the road to grab snacks, enjoy the scenery, and even checking out fresh fruit were all memories that had been made.

3 hours until Coldplay was on, we had arrived at our hotel, checked in, and got into our room. Eating Thai food and watching TV, my anticipation kept building and building as I deleted apps, photos, and notes to clear up memory for my photos and videos that I would be taking that night. An hour before showtime, we left, and the realization that I was going to see Coldplay live was sinking in. Forty minutes prior to showtime, we parked and began walking towards the venue. The walk there took about twenty minutes since we had parked so far away as a result of the chaotic mess near the stadium. For all of those twenty minutes, we could hear Alessia’s Cara’s blasting music, increasing and increasing the anticipation. Finally, twenty minutes prior to showtime, we had gotten into the stadium and we’re on our way to our seats. One of the most vivid memories I have from the whole concert was when we first saw the stage and crowd - the lights, the buzz, the music. It was all so surreal and mesmerizing, and my jaw completely dropped. This was really happening.

As it hit nine P.M., you could truly feel the excitement and buzz throughout the crowd; it was the type of out-of-body experience that I’ve never felt before. As our seats gazed of the whole stadium, the lights went off, and the crowd turned on. O Mio Babbino Caro roared on, and as it played out, my mom and I spotted the band coming onto the stage from the back entrance. We looked at each other and pointed, shouting, “There they are! That’s them!” As the opera ended, the lights turned off again, but this time revealing the bright, red glow of sixty thousand Xylobands across the whole stadium. It was a site that it is hard to picture unless you’re truly there in person. From there, I was taken and absorbed into the most transcendent and spiritual experience of my life. I remember how much I shouted in joy, sang along, and most significantly, felt a connection with every single one of those sixty thousand people. For those ninety minutes, there were no differences between us - we were just there as fans, humans, as one. As the band meshed the final chord of the concert with the crowd's immense cheering, and Chris sang “Believe in love” and the fireworks went off, we all had forgotten about everything - our worries, problems, and troubles. For that moment in time, we were just lost. Lost in time, lost in music, lost in love.

The concert had then ended, and I began to find my way out of the stadium. Briefly, I took a moment to look over the stadium as people flooded out. As I stood there, my gaze was drawn downwards to my feet, where I saw lying there a lone love button, still packaged. I kneeled down and picked it up, a huge smile on my face. It was almost as if the button itself was telling me that love can be found anywhere and in anyone, even in the most strange or unlikely of places. I pinned the button on my shirt and continued out.

After walking a mile or two outside of the stadium, I encountered a young woman, who had an ankle injury. She was trying to make it down a steep hill along with her boyfriend, who was helping her. I asked if she needed help, but she was at first reluctant. But, she then decided that it would be better if she got extra assistance, and then asked if I could help. As the three of us began walking down the hill, she told me that I was a lifesaver, and that couldn’t of made me happier. Stopping to lend a hand not only make it easier on the woman, but I got the greatest feeling from just doing a simple act of kindness.

When we made it down, she thanked me with the happiest face, and we parted our ways. I have no idea what her name was, where she was from, or anything at all about her. All I know is that I was there to help her, even if it was just for that brief moment of time. Even since then, I have never felt more encouraged to help and find the good in others, and it all began with that woman.

“The Kingdom of God is within man�, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power, the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure!”

As we went home, we traveled past myriads of endless fields, growing foods from almonds to cashews to apples to oranges. As the miles and miles of land spread across the landscape, a lyrics from Up&Up popped in my head, as I could picture a lone hot air balloon drifting in the sky above: ‘Down upon the canvas, working meal to meal, waiting for a chance to pick your orange field.’

Yep, as I head off to college in just a mere couple of years, I myself am waiting for that same opportunity. But until then, no matter what happens at school or in my life, all I can and will do is help and love the people and world around me, with A Head Full of Dreams.

Coldplay and their music have helped me to see that everyday, not just a couple or a few, but every single one, is an Amazing Day. And, maybe, just maybe, if people can see that, we could all dream together.

• Like 6

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay Live in Nice, 24/05/2016.

A little late, but I have been busy with University recently so here I am and I'm reporting my experience. Sorry if my English is not very good:confused:

Last year in November Coldplay announced the dates for the European Tour. I was very excited beacuse I was sure that I was finally going to see them for the first time ever but then something wretched happened. Italy was not one of the countries where they would go. That made me crying and I was very very sad in those days. But my mum knew how much I had always wanted to see them, how much I Ioved them and this is why she said to me that we could go to another country only for them, and this is how and why I bought my ticket for the concert in Nice. She likes Coldplay too ( but not as much as me:joy:) but unfortunately I didn't manage to buy a ticket for her too.

So May arrived. It has been the longest countodown of my entire life ever. "How long must you wait for it?"

I took some days off from school even if I was having my final exams and I went to Nice with my mum (I'm 18 and she would never let me go abroad alone) on 22nd. I visited the beautiful city and on 23rd something amazing happened. We were sitting on a bench along the seaside when suddenly my mum said "Sara, look! There's Phil over there". I thought that she was joking or something like that but when I turned my head I saw him, I saw Phil! I couldn't believe it. Me, that girl who had dreamed about them for years, who had always thought that she would have never had the possibility to see them, was in that moment meeting the fifth element of the band, Phil Harvey! I called him and he politely stopped and we talked for some minutes and we took a photo too. He asked me where I was from and he was very surprised to hear that I was from Italy, and then he promised me that they would come to Italy the next year. Oh God, he was so kind, sweet and beautiful too. I had reached one of my biggest dreams even if I couldn't realise it in that moment. When he left I started crying, I was too moved. Then, around six o'clock, we went to the stadium and they were doing the soundcheck. When we arrived there, the first song we heard was Fix You. I couldn't believe what my ears were hearing, I was hearing that song being performed live! I had the opportunity to hear See You Soon too, my favourite B-side. Then we and some other fans waited for them to come out; around half past eleven pm they came out, but they didn't stop. Well, now what will surprise you is that I spent the night outside the stadium with my mum, because I had a normal standing ticket and not the gold standing ticket, so at least I wanted to reach the first row in my area. I have to admit that only 6/7 people spent the night outside the stadium and that night was so cold and freezing, and I was so sorry for my mum about it. Mum, "I never meant to cause you trouble". Obviuosly that night we didn't sleep. The morning came and at half past four am I went queuing and I was the first! Only at four o'clock pm they opened the gate. The time seemed not to pass. While I was queuing my mum had to wait outside the stadium. I felt very very sorry for her, she had done so much for me. During the soundcheck of that day I was blessed to hear One I Love! Finally the gates opened and the only thing I remember is that I ran and I ran and I ran so much, I thought that I was going to die. I didn't feel the breath but I had to run for them and I'm so glad to say that I reached the first row in my area. I reached that dream. Luckily I made some friends too. Well, in that moment I realise that it was going to happen. Soon I would see them.

The openers where Alessia Cara and Lianne Las Havas, two wonderful and talented girls but I have to admit that I was only waiting for those four guys that we all love.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to be an emperor"

Yes, the concert was officially starting! I was screaming, crying, shivering during The Great Dictator's Speech when A Head Full Of Dreams came in. I began to sing as I never had done. I was singing with Chris Martin. Oh, I'm crying while writing this now. Then Yellow, my favourite love song, and Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall with a fabulous blaze of confetti. I was living the Dream. Then The Scientist. My heart was crying too. I mean, The Scientist is my favourite song, I cry everytime I listen to it, imagine me while listening to it live. Then you know the setlist so I will tell you about the B ad the C stage. On the B stage they performed Magic, Army Of One and Everglow. How funny was to hear Chris introducing the band in French! I will upload the video (oh dear, sorry for my awful voice). When they came to the B stage I saw them so closely, oh my God, I couldn't believe what I was seeing and what I was living. On the C stage they performed only Ink and Us Against The World, two amazing songs!

I loved all the setlist, but how can I forget tha Viva chorus, the Xylobands during Charlie Brown or the baloons during Adventure Of A Lifetime? There are some things that you remember better. For example, I remember Jonny performing the Amazing Day Intro on the B stage, my JonnyBoy:heart: Unluckily I had not the opportunity to see some Buckin moments:sob:

Then, Up&Up came in, I was so happy to sing it but sad beacuse I knew that everything was finishing. And then Chris said goodbye and goodnight to all of us. We started the Viva chorus again but obvoiusly they did not appear.

Oh my God. I made it. I realised my dream. I picked up some confetti and I went towards the exit. I was crying my heart out, I was the happiest girl of the world but at the same time the saddest too. I reached my mum, we walked for 2km to reach our bus park to take our bus for coming back home. I spent the whole night crying.

Now, seven months later, I can say that I have been very very lucky, I have to say a big thank you to my parents and a very very big thank you to those four boys (plus one). I really love them and they can make me always happy.

So this is my stoy from My Head Full Of Dreams. I want to say to you "Believe in miracles", they can really happen, just be patient and have faith in them. To those who're still waiting for them, you'll see them soon, trust me.

Now I'm so excited beacuse I'm doing another great countodown, I'll see them for the second time in July, and this time here in Italy!

Thank you to everyone for making my wishes come true:heart:

Me and Phil:heart_eyes:

IMG_7757.thumb.JPG.2d9305d8456c2a40159ab1043ecc630a.JPG

This could be Para-Para-Paradise:heart:IMG_7770.thumb.JPG.415a6a88f13540975c6b678051bd6baf.JPG

This beautiful stage in Nice:heart:IMG_7754.thumb.JPG.b8ba6e9b3f8165f3ec766bc72f8e5bdc.JPG

This is Chris introducing the band in French: [MEDIA=instagram]BF3vdDGjznj[/MEDIA]

IMG_7736.thumb.JPG.bbffbc6ef3a9ac94296e414b9afcc68c.JPG

• Like 7

My First Coldplay Concert: July 23, 2016, Chicago, IL, Soldier Field, Weather: hurricane-like storms

Let me start by saying that the first ever Coldplay show that I went to was on July 23, 2016 and it was fate! I've been a Coldplay fan my entire life (literally) as my bedtime music was Parachutes! I had never been to a Coldplay concert and I was surprised with absolutely AMAZING tickets on that day! I wanted to go to the concert so badly and I was so sad that I couldn't but that surprise made me burst into tears! Okay, now for the actual show. This was the concert with the rain delay so the opening acts did not play and the setlist was cut short to 19 songs, but it was still incredible! Before the concert had even started, we met some fellow fans around us and we talked about all of our favorite songs and little did we know, we all sang and danced together the entire concert! I'm so proud to be a Coldplayer and a Coldplay fan as I feel they have this power to connect their fans with them and bring us all together with a sense of unity and love.

When they came out with A Head Full of Dreams I actually started crying and I was amazed at both the energy and glorious sound that surrounded all of Soldier Field and at that moment I could not be any happier, my dream had come true! The setlist went A Head Full of Dreams, then Yellow, and then a surprise Sweet Home Chicago!, then Every teardrop is a Waterfall, The Scientist, Birds, Paradise (with Tiesto remix), and on the B-Stage, Always in My Head, Princess of China, Everglow, and back on A-Stage, Clocks, Midnight, Charlie Brown, Hymn for the Weekend, Fix You, Heroes, Viva la Vida, Adventure of a Lifetime, and they ended with A Sky Full of Stars. When Yellow came on, the entire stadium lit up yellow and a huge roar could be heard and that only made me smile bigger. Chris then whipped out his guitar and we all sang Sweet Home Chicago and let me tell you, that was the best version that I had ever heard in my life! Then Chris ran up and down the ramp, dancing and singing with all of us and of course the confetti and fireworks bursted and it was the most magical experience of my life. Then Chris changed shirts and prepared for the B-Stage. When they moved to the B-Stage, I saw myself on the projector and that was cool, but not as cool as the rest of the songs on the B-stage where I heard one of my favorites, Always in My Head, and it was sung beautifully! When they came back to the A-Stage, Clocks came on and so did the tears again! When Fix You came on, Chris collapsed on the top of the ramp and sang half of the song and it was the most peaceful, alluring version that I had ever heard, and it really spoke to me. When Adventure of a Lifetime came on, I thought I had no more energy because of all the singing and dancing that I did for every song but oh how Jonny brought the melody, I was jumping so high! By this time, the rain was pouring but it w as one of the most beautiful sights as you could see the flashing lights of all of the xylobands and Chris having the time of his life directly in front of me, we were dancing in the rain and at that point, I don't think I have ever been happier! He then apologized and went to talk to I think was the stage director and said they could play 1 more song (A Sky Full of Stars) but was a little disappointed that they didn't play Up and Up but nevertheless, I was watching Coldplay and there is literally nothing more I could ask for! Now I will never hear A Sky Full of Stars the same ever again as there was so much life and pure heart sung into it that of course I cried again, and it made me forget how soaking wet I was but that was ok because so was everyone else, I think Will was too! Once they finished, Chris, Jonny, Guy, and Will all came out and took their bows but quickly ran off stage, and their instruments were covered because it was absolutely pouring by that point! We had to walk home in the rain but that smile never came off my face, and that smile is back on my face now as I write this! I would first of all like to thank Coldplay for a true Adventure of a Lifetime and one day that I will never ever forget. Also, I would like to thank you for reading all of this and also Coldplaying for allowing me to connect with fans all around the world and share my love for these 4 guys (5 w/Phil), all brought together because of one absolutely amazing group. Here I've attached some of my favorite pictures from that night, since the videos don't seem to be able to attach.

IMG_2454.thumb.jpg.e20353053d81b5256c28520413dda048.jpg

IMG_2409.thumb.jpg.3f00c9df909474421d07b1e5e5e0268a.jpg

IMG_2413.thumb.jpg.4f595c76e5cb6ba6472e028db1d87fc7.jpg

IMG_2417.thumb.jpg.f3f8659325f0b92bd3e13b5dd6dbf2ab.jpg

IMG_2684.thumb.jpg.a6a1738c1f24305947812a2d2dc15560.jpg

IMG_2713.thumb.jpg.ccbba50461bfa1bc2272e1ae72a20032.jpg

• Like 4

Hello!

I had a nice concert in Gelsenkirchen this year with Coldplay. Many hours before the concert I waited with many other fans to get a good place in the front row. The concert was amazing. Here are some photos of Coldplay! Have a nive Christmastime. Sabine

IMG_7768.thumb.JPG.81df69f7ee8cd33a2dc33398cba83fe1.JPG

IMG_7797.thumb.JPG.c1a4970595c64460811357751df7f1c0.JPG

• Like 3

My first Coldplay concert, I must say I have always been a fan but after that 16 June Wembley Stadium concert my gratitude has risen up a decimal or two :-) What a show! What a performance! What a rock legend band! That night I was super excited, not only that, my anxiety levels where on a high, I cant explain how many panic attacks I went through all through my London day and at the beginning of the concert and my sister my best friend was there to distract me, we went rather early and waited in the queue then at way 5pm the doors opened and we ran like ppl on fire ;-) and then we waited nd enjoyed the opening acts Alessia Cara and Lianne La Havas (hope I spelt her name right) and then its started! The opera opening aria, and whilst you start singing to AHFOD I realized that I was there, that I was in one of the most amazing stadiums listening to not only my favorite band but to an amazing one too! And I said to myself you are here live the present and live it I did! What a night! I felt as one that night, you rocked you made a 70K plus audience feel as one, the confetti the fireworks, the laser show, the interaction with the audience listening to Paradise and Magic nd Trouble and jumping for life in Charlie Brown!!!!and just the simplicity of being a special band to so many people, more than ever the words you sing the remembrance of an amazing show!!!!!

Coldplay you said in various interviews this is an end of an era a circle, until the begining of a new circle then may you have a great life and a wonderful adventure!Thank you for being yourselves!

One of your many fans

M

• Like 3

When I saw Coldplay live, it was in Detroit, MI. It was honestly the happiest day of my life. I was there with one of my best friends who happens to love Coldplay just like me. She's normally very shy, but as I glanced at her, I noticed that she had a massive smile on her face, and she was singing along. I think one of my favorite parts of going to this concert was actually the anticipation that we would be going! As we were in the Coldplay traffic before the concert, we rolled down the windows and played "Charlie Brown" as people next to us smiled and waved. As we walked into the stadium, we were given Love pins and Xylobands. At that moment, I knew it was about to happen. We were about to see the most influential band on Earth, in person! We got into our seats, just prior to that we bought shirts and posters, so we could remember this amazing day -see what I did there?- forever. As we were sitting, we listened to Alessia Cara, and started talking about how excited we were. A little boy behind us was talking to his grandmother, telling her how excited he was to be there. As we happily sang along to "Paradise" and "The Scientist", I noticed that everyone here was so different, yet so similar. There were so many different ages and ethnicities, and it made me so happy. We may have all been different on the outside, but we all shared a love for Coldplay. Eventually Coldplay traveled through the crowd to get to their smaller stage in the middle of the audience, where they would sing older songs like "In My Place" and "Shiver". The time had come where they would take the request of a song. It was from a woman named Sarah, who requested "Til Kingdom Come" because it had been sung at her father's funeral. She had been sitting close to the small stage, so they invited her to sit with them. It was beautiful, watching her smile as Coldplay made her night. Eventually the night came to an end, and as we sat in the traffic, we recalled the fun we had. As we got into bed that night, my best friend fell asleep right away, but I put my headphones on and listened to Coldplay until I fell asleep, with my head being full of dreams.

• Like 4

IMG_0893.jpg.588ba2971a40e15e78837f3106764b36.jpg I have waited 7 years to watch my favourite band perform live. We all love music. There's something about music which you can't understand unless a certain song/band has saved your life. I had never been to a concert until 19th November, 2016. Before the tour dates went live, there were several occasions when I was asked if I wanted to attend a concert. My reply had always been that it can only be Coldplay to get me going for a concert. And after 7 years of waiting, my dream finally came true. This happened because of Global Citizen and I'm forever ever grateful. Like we know, Chris Martin has pledged to work with Global Citizen, an organisation that aims to make the world a better and safer place. I’ve always thought of Chris as a true visionary. I knew about the certainty I will have with buying a ticket and experience the whole event without the nerviness involved in the lucky draw. But I also believe and share a common ideology with that of Global Citizen and Coldplay, who decided to be a part of the journey. So I thought of the thousands, millions in fact, whose basic lifestyle needs aren't fulfilled everyday, and if I could come forward and do my bit to really 'earn' my ticket, it'd be satisfying. Being a fan of Coldplay, isn't about appreciating and valuing their music, but truly about sharing a common belief, a connect they have with the world, right? This is a plan to end extreme poverty by 2030 and help increase global awareness on important social issues. Coldplay has committed to making this happen. It is not just a band. It's so much more than that, and I am proud. Talking about concert, 19th November, 2016 was heaven; as close to heaven as I could possibly feel here on Earth. I had spent years watching them on Youtube and they were, right in front of me. It was a long journey from there to here, and I honestly cannot explain it. I was nervous, excited, anxious, sad, happy, everything. I have cried for them, because of them but on the concert day, when they were right in front of me, I was numb. I didn't cry. Because I couldn't really believe that I was there, I was there and happy!!!!!!!!!! Everything was magical. The crowd spontaneously started singing along. Everyone was so happy. It was surreal. I guess that's what music does to you. And know what's the best thing about loving a band? It is this girl I met on twitter coming all the way from Jakarta, Indonesia to Mumbai, India to watch her favourite band perform live. It is Chris playing fan requests and not letting us down. It's us screaming when we see our fellow Coldplayer's face on the big screen because her song request was chosen. It's this and it's everything else too. It is music that brings people together from all corners of the world. It is love. And it is brilliant.

(P.S: I'm wearing Yellow, it's one of my favourite Coldplay songs)

IMG_0892.jpg.31a2d8c3695f9175806d93df53e1283a.jpg

• Like 3

“I’m sorry, but I don’t want to be an emperor. That’s not my business. I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible - Jew, Gentile, black man, white.”

My story begins in my bedroom on a quiet Thursday evening as I sit against a wall. 20 miles away, Coldplay was playing a concert. I had wanted to go many months before, but the plan never panned out, and I ended up not being able to go. The entire day I had been so disappointed and down, and nothing had really gotten me up. I had been scrambling to find a live stream of the concert on my phone, as I luckily did right at 9 P.M., as the band took the stage. From there, I watched the entire show beginning to end, quite miserable. Listening to them slightly cheered me up, yet I was still so dismayed that I wasn’t there in person. They were so close to me! 20 miles! I soon went to sleep, hoping to forget about it in the morning.

The next day, I went to school, and of course, I saw multiple people wearing Coldplay t-shirts, only worsening the disappointment that I wanted to rid of.

Later that night, I was relaxing in my room and scrolling through social media. The same old headlines, photos, and articles bombarded my feeds, but, eventually, I stumbled upon a post that immediately popped right out to me. The post said last-minute tickets had gone on sale for Coldplay’s show in San Francisco, taking place the next night. As I read this, I suddenly I froze, and a wild, wild idea popped into my head.

I then began making out an absurd plan of how I would somehow get myself from Las Vegas to San Francisco to see Coldplay in less than 24 hours. I presented the idea to my mom, and she laughed at me, saying that it wasn’t going to happen. Yet, I kept pleading her to go. I never, ever get this excited about something. Somehow, she was able to see that excitement, and she said let’s do it.

Less than 24 hours before the concert, we bought tickets for 25 dollars apiece, a true miracle. The next morning, we got up, showered, dressed, and hit the road.

“We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone, and the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone.”

The trip to San Francisco was an absolute blur of excitement, anxiousness, and fun. My mom and I listened to songs, talked, laughed. Stopping alongside the road to grab snacks, enjoy the scenery, and even checking out fresh fruit were all memories that had been made.

3 hours until Coldplay was on, we had arrived at our hotel, checked in, and got into our room. Eating Thai food and watching TV, my anticipation kept building and building as I deleted apps, photos, and notes to clear up memory for my photos and videos that I would be taking that night. An hour before showtime, we left, and the realization that I was going to see Coldplay live was sinking in. Forty minutes prior to showtime, we parked and began walking towards the venue. The walk there took about twenty minutes since we had parked so far away as a result of the chaotic mess near the stadium. For all of those twenty minutes, we could hear Alessia’s Cara’s blasting music, increasing and increasing the anticipation. Finally, twenty minutes prior to showtime, we had gotten into the stadium and we’re on our way to our seats. One of the most vivid memories I have from the whole concert was when we first saw the stage and crowd - the lights, the buzz, the music. It was all so surreal and mesmerizing, and my jaw completely dropped. This was really happening.

As it hit nine P.M., you could truly feel the excitement and buzz throughout the crowd; it was the type of out-of-body experience that I’ve never felt before. As our seats gazed of the whole stadium, the lights went off, and the crowd turned on. O Mio Babbino Caro roared on, and as it played out, my mom and I spotted the band coming onto the stage from the back entrance. We looked at each other and pointed, shouting, “There they are! That’s them!” As the opera ended, the lights turned off again, but this time revealing the bright, red glow of sixty thousand Xylobands across the whole stadium. It was a site that it is hard to picture unless you’re truly there in person. From there, I was taken and absorbed into the most transcendent and spiritual experience of my life. I remember how much I shouted in joy, sang along, and most significantly, felt a connection with every single one of those sixty thousand people. For those ninety minutes, there were no differences between us - we were just there as fans, humans, as one. As the band meshed the final chord of the concert with the crowd's immense cheering, and Chris sang “Believe in love” and the fireworks went off, we all had forgotten about everything - our worries, problems, and troubles. For that moment in time, we were just lost. Lost in time, lost in music, lost in love.

The concert had then ended, and I began to find my way out of the stadium. Briefly, I took a moment to look over the stadium as people flooded out. As I stood there, my gaze was drawn downwards to my feet, where I saw lying there a lone love button, still packaged. I kneeled down and picked it up, a huge smile on my face. It was almost as if the button itself was telling me that love can be found anywhere and in anyone, even in the most strange or unlikely of places. I pinned the button on my shirt and continued out.

After walking a mile or two outside of the stadium, I encountered a young woman, who had an ankle injury. She was trying to make it down a steep hill along with her boyfriend, who was helping her. I asked if she needed help, but she was at first reluctant. But, she then decided that it would be better if she got extra assistance, and then asked if I could help. As the three of us began walking down the hill, she told me that I was a lifesaver, and that couldn’t of made me happier. Stopping to lend a hand not only make it easier on the woman, but I got the greatest feeling from just doing a simple act of kindness.

When we made it down, she thanked me with the happiest face, and we parted our ways. I have no idea what her name was, where she was from, or anything at all about her. All I know is that I was there to help her, even if it was just for that brief moment of time. Even since then, I have never felt more encouraged to help and find the good in others, and it all began with that woman.

“The Kingdom of God is within man�, not one man nor a group of men, but in all men! In you! You, the people have the power, the power to create machines. The power to create happiness! You, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure!”

As we went home, we traveled past myriads of endless fields, growing foods from almonds to cashews to apples to oranges. As the miles and miles of land spread across the landscape, a lyrics from Up&Up popped in my head, as I could picture a lone hot air balloon drifting in the sky above: ‘Down upon the canvas, working meal to meal, waiting for a chance to pick your orange field.’

Yep, as I head off to college in just a mere couple of years, I myself am waiting for that same opportunity. But until then, no matter what happens at school or in my life, all I can and will do is help and love the people and world around me, with A Head Full of Dreams.

Coldplay and their music have helped me to see that everyday, not just a couple or a few, but every single one, is an Amazing Day. And, maybe, just maybe, if people can see that, we could all dream together.

Love your thoughts on the Love Button [emoji173]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

I saw Coldplay live on 19th November 2016 at Global Citizen Festival India. It was the best day of my life.

I was thinking back in 2015 that Coldplay will come to India for AHFOD Tour because they visited India for charity work and they had their name written in Hindi on their instruments.And yes they came back again in February to film Hymn for the Weekend music video. I was like.. Wow.. They will definitely come to India again. Then the news dropped in July that they are going to perform at a charity event. I was one step near to my dream. But then I heard about ticket prices. They were little expensive. So I decided to win tickets. But I was unable to win any tickets. I was crying for few days. But I was trying so hard in each and every round. But i wasn't lucky enough. I lost all the hopes to see Coldplay live. :( Two days before the festival I got a message from GCI that I won two tickets. I was so happy. It was unexpected but I finally got tickets. yayyy..!

19th November2016:

I reached at venue by 12 PM. It was a hot day. I was in the green zone from where stage was not visible. (We watched entire show on a large screen.) But still everyone was damn excited to see their favorite band performed live first time in India. After so many performances and speeches on the stage.

The moment has finally arrived.. After Charlie Chaplin speech, we saw Jonny Buckland on screen and there goes Chris. He came on stage and crowd went crazy. Everyone got new energy even after waiting for 9 hours (or I can say 9 years). All 80000 people were singing and dancing. Then they started playing Yellow, the masterpiece, everyone was singing along with Chris. At the end of the YELLOW performance, Chris showed his love for India in Hindi.. Can you imagine?!? He was talking in Hindi. Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy were so appreciated to be there.. They performed Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall, The Scientist, God Put A Smile Upon Your Face. Jonny and Chris rocked the performance of GPASUYF. Chris threw his guitar in the air at the end of that performance. At the beginning of Paradise, Chris asked us to keep the mobile flashlight on. Crowd was looking so beautiful. (We created our own Xylobands using flashlights..) Then he asked the crowd to keep their phone in the pocket and dance with them on Paradise Tiesto remix. Then they came on B stage and started playing Always In My Head. It was unexpected.. Then Magic and then single version of Everglow. Listening to Everglow live was one of the most beautiful moment. He thanked audience by saying "India, you waited for 16 years to see us live. Thank you.

They started playing Clocks. Clocks is definitely one of their best songs and with all the lasers, lights, they performed it so beautifully. Better than studio version. (Their every song sound live better than original.. Legends!) Charlie Brown started playing and Chris asked everyone to jump with him. Then he stopped the performance after singing two lines. He told us that his guitar has broken and it's so beautiful to watch everyone jumping. He was saying "Shukriya" (means Thank you) at the end of each performance. Then they played cover of Heroes by David Bowie and we enjoyed some Buckin moments. Then it was a time for Hymn For The Weekend. It was so special because music video was filmed in India. He tucked our Indian flag to his pant. Everyone was singing along with them. And I was so happy to listen Will's vocals. Then they started playing Fix You (my favorite song). I was singing this song from my heart. It gave me goosebumps. I wanted to cry my heart out I didn't. (I'm a big cry baby 1f601) Then Will started playing drums for Viva La Vida (my another favorite song.. Yayy). I love Viva La Vida because of Will. They played Don't Panic. I was so happy to listen Jonny's vocals. Then they performed Adventure of A Lifetime. It was epic with all those colorful balloons. Then it was a time for the introduction of the rest of the band members. Will was all Happy. He is so cute. I realized that Guy was so silent.. Maybe he is a shy person like me or he was tired by travelling. Chris had long introduction for Jonny. Buckin 2764

They played fan requested In My Place at the B stage. Then Mr. A R Rahman joined them. It was once in a lifetime moment to see Coldplay with our legend. AR Rahman played Maa Tujhe Salaam and Chris started singing along with him. It was a proud moment for us. I was so happy. Then there was another surprise. Chris started singing a Bollywood song Channa Mereya as an intro of "A Sky Full Of Stars". And i was dead!! He was waving Indian flag during ASFOS performance. I can't ask for more. Thank you Cpldplay.

At the end, they played "Up&Up" (my favorite from AHFOD album). And he told us that they will come back as soon as possible. And I was in tears.

Thank you so much for the amazing night. It was the only good thing happened to me in 2016.

I will attach some pictures. You can watch videos on my Instagram @indiancoldplayer.

Thank you.

PS: Extremely sorry for my bad English.

[MEDIA=instagram]BOPctMlA6p8[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=instagram]BOSTqQ4glKi[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOSTqQ4glKi/

JR8A1791-1024x683.thumb.jpg.b97ae3bad1884069088372405b6ad3c7.jpg

spl1397837_002-copy.thumb.jpg.6555e4a80df48e05317b53fb9735d4a8.jpg

JR8A1674-1024x683.thumb.jpg.e2068b2cf5b6ce453bc224735069a572.jpg

• Like 3

Ever since i saw the first #AHFODtour concert live on periscope during the month of March early this year in south america I knew no matter what I have to see Coldplay live.. Since they never played a concert in my country till now I decided to start saving up money for one of their concerts in Australia... Little did I know that a few months later they would have a concert in India!! I was so thrilled when it was confirmed that they would be headlining the Global citizen festival India! Ahh that was the best news ever!! Like every global citizen festival a certain %of the tickets were sold... I tried my luck but I didn't get the tickets I wanted.. I still didn't loose hope as 80% of the tickets were remaining to be won... Long story short after a long wait and a lot of anticipation I managed to win a ticket to see COLDPLAY!!!! The ticket I won was right in front and I was soo thrilled... My excitement knew no bounds... (if you'd see my facebook and snapchat posts and stories... Its only about coldplay <3) I was so thrilled and it was a good thing I saved up quite a bit of money cause the concert was not in my city of bangalore (which is in the south), but in Mumbai.... I was so happy that COLDPLAY was coming to India and the best part on top of this? They were playing In Mumbai just 4days before my birthday!!! Omg I just stared at the screen for about 5 minutes.... Ah that was the best birthday present ever also what's extra special is that the band was celebrating their 20 years of friendship and being together and I was 20 years too just 4days from turning 21!....

Cut short to the day of the concert :)

Gates for the concert were to open at 10:30am.. I planned to go stand in line at 8:30am (my mum thought I was crazy and I don't blame her) I wanted to wait outside the whole night if I could but not possible with my mum around.... Anyway I reached the venue at 10 am and I didn't have breakfast cause I was too excited to be there anyway luckily for me the queue wasn't that long.... My mum left me at the queue and headed back to the hotel( cause she got different tickets than mine) while waiting for the gates to open I started making friends with other coldlplayers... Ah it was so amazing to share the same love and emotional connection you have for the same band... The gates finally opened and we were each given a gold zone band and a loVe Button!!! Omg I almost cried! (my eyes were tearing up) I've been forever wanting a love button but I couldn't get one cause the shipping expenses were too much.. I could already feel the love and I immediately put the love button on my shirt. I really love the movement by lovebutton.org today with everything happening in the world I think we all need to spread the message of love. Back to the concert...

After getting my loVe button I ran like I never ran before and got a place near the baracade! I was so happy that everything worked out and couldn't wait for the festival to begin... The concert started at 1:30pm in the afternoon.... The day was filled with different artists performing through the day like Demi lovato, TheVamps and Jay Z to name a few who were awesome!!! But I couldn't wait for the best and biggest band in the world COLDPLAY!!!!!

Finally after a ten hour wait it was time for Coldplay to take the stage.... The orchestral music began and I couldn't contain my excitement! I got chills down my spine and the intro videos began and finally Charlie Chaplin's speech in The Dictator! My level of excitement was through the roof as my long dream of seeing Coldplay live was coming true! As Charlie Chaplin's speech is going on I see Will, Guy, Jonny and Chris sneak into the stage I start screaming until everyone else around me realise that they're here! Its actually coming true my long dream of seeing Coldplay live is coming true! The roar of the fans was so loud and A head full of dreams started the minute Chris jumped down the ramp my heart skipped a few beats! "Oh I think I landed in a world I hadn't seen when Im feeling ordinary when I don't know what I mean" .

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSSDgIDREC[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSSDgIDREC/?taken-by=shreya1975

So beautiful!! At this point I really should apologize to the sweet camera man recording everything one for my horrible voice and two for my over excitement :) A head full of dreams is so beautiful live and the fans singing along was surreal! Chris ran past me and it was time for the confetti to fall omg it was so beautiful and as I'm singing along confetti falls into my mouth as well and it did taste good I have to say lol :D next up was yellow and it was so beautiful live! Chris singing "look at the stars, look how they shine for you"

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSTdcWjosX[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSTdcWjosX/?taken-by=shreya1975

Omg beautiful and magical! At the end of yellow Chris started speaking in hindi omg he said "we're so happy to be here with all of you in India for the first time" (my heart melted like it didn't before) it was time for Every Teardrop is a Waterfall <3 everyone started singing along as Chris said say yo and the fans responding saying yo that was so magical! I was so curious to see which flag Chris was gonna hold up cause I carried along with me a flag which read believe in love <3 Chris raised the flag with loVe on it and it was stunning! Loved it when he sang " you can hurt, hurt me bad but still i'll raise the flag" ! <3 So beautiful! I waved my flag high up in the sky. It was time for The Scientist and everyone started singing along "come up to meet you tell you I'm sorry you don't know how lovely you are!!" <3 it was soo beautiful omg Chris at the end said were so happy to be here in India for the very first time! Expecting birds to start since I used to watch every concert on periscope the band started playing God put a smile upon your face! Omg!!! I screamed so loud & it was awesome!!! I'm running out of words actually Chris and Jonny headed down the ramp and were rocking it out! [MEDIA=instagram]BNDySYpjqBe[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDySYpjqBe/?taken-by=shreya1975

The fans were going wild including me and I couldn't help but scream Chris, love you Chris and Jonny, love you Jonny both of them being the sweethearts they are smiled and ran back to the main stage next up was Paradise and as soon as Chris started playing everyone started singing along it was beautiful and so magical in the end Chris said I don't want to stop, Will I don't want to stop this is our first time in India and I don't want to stop it <3 then he said everyone listen to me and put your phones away and lets dance! When Chris Martin tells you something you like that you obviously listen to him! And everyone put their phones away and started dancing along with Chris! <3 he's such an amazing dancer by the way omg the whole area of the concert were dancing along and it was so beautiful Chris and Jonny again headed towards the ramp rocking out with each other and again I started screaming Chris, love you Chris Jonny, love you Jonny by the look on their faces it could easily be said they were loving it too! They headed back and surrounded Will like when they started you know... It was so beautiful! The lights went off and the band were heading towards the B stage [MEDIA=instagram]BOffYI9gkL3[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BOffYI9gkL3/?taken-by=shreya1975

the screams for the whole band were so loud and I did scream for each of them too.... They started playing Always in my head! Omg it was stunning (Chris did take someone's phone it the crowd and take a video too) they then played magic and it was so beautiful! At the end Chris asked do you believe in magic? which we responded by saying yes I do of course I do! It was time for everglow and the rest of the band headed back towards the main stage we started screaming for them and they being so sweet smiled at us and smiled at each other walking back. Chris asked for the lights to be put on and he said if you want to send love now is the time to do it and this is a song called everglow it was soo beautiful omg I got tears in my eyes<3 [MEDIA=instagram]BNSQDsRDDQe[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSQDsRDDQe/?taken-by=shreya1975

the video of Mohammed Ali started and the roar of the fans was so loud Chris ran back and the lazers went off!!!! it was clocks!!!! [MEDIA=instagram]BNSU598DByK[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSU598DByK/?taken-by=shreya1975

Omg it looked so beautiful and the fans started singing along,"lights go out and I can't be saved times that I tried to swim against "<3 omg it was stunning! Clocks ended and it was time for midnight!!! It was so beautiful gosh I couldn't take my eyes off them midnight ended and Chris said everyone put your phones away and hands up!! I knew it was Charlie Brown and i screamed so loud people were wondering what I was doing anyway Charlie brown started and everyone started dancing together and then Chris said stop the song we'll have to start it from the beginning we'll be second time lucky in that very moment I screamed Nooo Why? I'm not sure if chris heard my voice but then he said its soo beautiful to see all of you dancing together and my guitar is broken... Anyway they restarted Charlie Brown and it was stunning! Next up was Hymn for the weekend it was incredible as the video was shot in Mumbai!!! Everyone was singing along on top of their voices I oh I oh I am feeling drunk and high so high so high! So beautiful Chris started waking back to the top of the beginning of the ramp like he was drunk and high it was so cute and people behind me were scared and I had to tell them no no he's fine don't worry :) fix you started and my eyes filled with tears Chris asked the audience to take out their phones for their flash lights to put them in the air omg fix you was out of this world ahh the last chorus sing along was so beautiful and so magical and still fresh In my memory! (the whole concert is) then the spotlight was on Jonny I knew Heroes was gonna start I screamed so loud and one of the girls behind me asked are you psychic? I laughed and said no this is how their setlist is <3 heroes was such an incredible tribute to David bowie and prince and everyone we've lost this year Chris said drop it will and I lost it and started singing woah-oh-ah-oh oh oh it was time for viva la vida!!!!!!! The crowd went berserk and started singing and dancing together I couldn't help but keep moving my hand like Chris does omg( take me back to the concert pleaseeee) it was so awesome and so beautiful! The crowd sang so beautifully along with will woah-oh-ah-oh oh oh oh it was beautiful! The song ended and Adventure of a lifetime started the balloons fell on us and we all started singing and dancing along with Chris and the band omg seeing Chris dancing really makes your day doesn't it? It came to that part my favorite part of the song where everyone gets down Jonny played that amazing riff and I just screamed everybody get down before Chris did! Everyone looking at me very puzzled but they listened to Chris when he said it omg I loved it all of us got down and low and then 1....2....1....2..3 GO! And we jumped back up again Omg it was amazing it felt so beautiful to be alive and in that moment! The ending was spectacular with everyone screaming woooohoooo woooohoooo back to Chris <3 the band went off the stage and people thought the concert was over I knew it wasn't cause they hadn't played the instagram request yet..... The crowd started the viva chant followed by coldplay coldplay ole ole coldplay till the video of the instagram requests played. Then guesthouse (kaleidoscope) began and the band made their way towards the B stage the screams were loud as ever! Chris wished the crowd and asked everyone down the front and the middle to keep quiet for a minute so that he could hear the noise from the people at the back my god it was loud and so beautiful! They played in my place it was so beautiful!!! Next was Don't panic!!!! Oh my god hearing Jonny sing that second verse was so beautifull I couldn't help but scream Go Jonny!!! Then it was time for the band introduction!! love the way Chris changes things here omg he so sweet and so funny he introduced Will as the best actor in the world and you would've seen him in game of thrones season three episode nine red wedding, next was Guy he said everything Justin Bieber knows he learnt from him and last but in no way least this is Johnny buckland from Wales my bestfriend and the best guitarist in the world. Then Chris called a very special guest A R Rahman!!!! They sang Vande mataram omg it was so beautiful! How can we not love coldplay more than we already do? Chris singing along with A R Rahman was so cute and so beautiful without a doubt Chris won a billion hearts that night and so did Coldplay after that they played chana mereya another hindi song from Bollywood it was so beautiful omg! It was beautiful and perfect! I was waiting for amazing day to start but they played A sky full of stars omg Chris ran passed by me and smiled oh my heart! He went down the ramp and took an Indian flag and started dancing with it! Omg a sky full of stars was euphoria in its purest form!

[MEDIA=instagram]BNHOd7CDysP[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNHOd7CDysP/?taken-by=shreya1975

The confetti was so beautiful [MEDIA=instagram]BNOSrPkjuWg[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNOSrPkjuWg/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNORw_tDKaS[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNORw_tDKaS/?taken-by=shreya1975

and I couldn't help myself but sing and dance along when Chris ran back to the main stage I started to cry and started screaming Don't go noo Don't go coldplay! It was time for the last song for the night Up and up!! It was so beautiful and so amazing !! I couldn't help but cry..... Chris said this is one of the greatest nights of their lives and well be back soon as long as you want us too the crowd gave their loudest cheer and the last verse we all sang together like one family for the last time! "Fixing up a car to drive in it again when you're in pain and when you think you had enough.... Don't ever give up! "

The fireworks were stunning! Just believe in love! <3 IT WAS OVER!!! the band took their final bows and waved at us one last time and left the stage. It was all over!! I started crying and I collected confetti to take back home and for memories and as a souvenir. It was the best birthday I could ever ask for! The best day of my life no doubt! As I was collecting Confetti I dropped my flag and I looked back I saw two small little kids holding the flag to take a picture with the message "Believe In loVe" seeing that made me so happy! By the end of the night i'd lost my voice (no complains here) if I could relive that night again i'd do it in a heartbeat!! No second thoughts about it! It was truly spectacular! and a night i'll cherish forever and never forget!!

Thank you so much Coldplay!!!!! Love you with all my heart and I know I'll see you soon!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Thank you so much Coldplaying for letting me be a part of this amazing family and for letting me share my experience!

This was my first COLDPLAY Concert and it was beyond my wildest dreams so beautiful and magical #AmazingDay #BestDayEver #Happy21 #BestBirthdayEver #AHFODtour

[MEDIA=instagram]BNec_uqDvCz[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNec_uqDvCz/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSVh5kD7d7[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSVh5kD7d7/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSU598DByK[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSU598DByK/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSUMLzjG59[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSUMLzjG59/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSRMxFDieZ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSRMxFDieZ/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSOwu7jm1U[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSOwu7jm1U/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNPCO9DDpRq[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNPCO9DDpRq/?taken-by=shreya1975

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNORw_tDKaS/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNOBsxED8x5[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNOBsxED8x5/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BNOA3iOD2YJ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNOA3iOD2YJ/?taken-by=shreya1975

[MEDIA=instagram]BMywSrqDKXi[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMywSrqDKXi/?taken-by=shreya1975

• Like 1

I'm so sorry everyone there's some issue with my phone and it posted everything a couple of times

[MEDIA=instagram]BNXc1R6Dr4H[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXc1R6Dr4H/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNXbA14jEet[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNXbA14jEet/https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSSDgIDREC/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSTdcWjosX[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSTdcWjosX/https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSRMxFDieZ/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSSDgIDREC[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSSDgIDREC/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSUMLzjG59[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSUMLzjG59/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSQDsRDDQe[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSQDsRDDQe/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNSU598DByK[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNSU598DByK/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNPCO9DDpRq[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNPCO9DDpRq/

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNORw_tDKaS/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNDySYpjqBe[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNDySYpjqBe/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNJ5Mgsj6PN[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNJ5Mgsj6PN/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNJ5ptajnnF[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNJ5ptajnnF/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNec_uqDvCz[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNec_uqDvCz/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNOA3iOD2YJ[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNOA3iOD2YJ/

[MEDIA=instagram]BM1UEI5jDls[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM1UEI5jDls/

[MEDIA=instagram]BNHOd7CDysP[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BNHOd7CDysP/

A Thousand Miles

*sorry for the long post but i can’t help that i’m so excited about this whole journey :) The concert stories started at paragraph 5!

it started when the album A Head Full of Dreams came out.

Instantly i fell in love with the album and all the songs, it represents Coldplay so well. A couple of months back the news came out that it might be their last album and they will go on hiatus (let’s all pray that it’s not true). So without a single doubt, i’ve decided that i’m going to watch their concert.

i live in Indonesia, so all hope that they will come to our country has vanish into nothingness. If indonesian people want to watch coldplay’s concert, they have to go to the other country that are nearest to us (usually singapore, japan or australia). I wanted to go to their mylo xyloto concert, but at that time i was still in college and asking my parents if i can travel just to watch coldplay it is not possible hahaha. Now, i have job so i started to separate a portion of my salary so i can watch them live which is my number one bucket list. This has to be perfect. First question that came to my mind at that time was, which country should i go to watch their concert? Singapore? Japan? Australia? Let me tell you, there are so many things that i go through while choosing the perfect country. Which are the closest? How’s the crowd there? Is it possible to get front row without much hassle? Which stadium are they playing? and the lists goes on and on. In the end i choose Melbourne, Australia. The Australia part i did choose base on all the answers to my questions, but the Melbourne part i choose out of my gut feeling and i was right.

I took the day off work just to buy the concert ticket online with my friends, i knew it was going to be a ticket war that day. Sadly i didn’t get the ticket at the official ticket seller, 3 minutes i think and the best one are gone. Fear not, i didn’t gave in and search at online reseller platform such as viagogo. Found the gold standing ticket with reasonable price, so me and my friends instantly bought it. I am such a big fan of Guy Berryman, so i was hopping that i’ll get the right wing where he usually stand but unfortunately i got the left wing but no biggie, i’m still going to COLDPLAY CONCERT. it’s really happening and i’m on cloud nine :)

The day of the concert finally came, i was so nervous and excited at the same time. Because of my jammed packed melbourne schedule, that morning we went to birghton beach first to see the famous beach huts. I was praying all morning that when i got back to the city that the queue is still at minimal and i still can get that front spot. When we get back to our airbnb (just one block form the stadium, a steal right?) i got ready and looked outside the apartment window for a good 5 minutes just looking at the stadium feeling very nervous at that point, you must think i’m overreacting but this is coldplay guys so it’s justified. The stadium was kind of bare, even tough it was like 2.30 pm. I asked the airbnb host what time does people usually queue at concert (because from many of my friends experiences, people usually queue from the morning), he just causally said that people usually queue when the gate opens. i cannot believe my luck. So i had lunch first and then take a pee, cause i’m alone i can’t take pee or food breaks or somebody will took my place. When i arrived at the stadium there were a lot more people, quickly bought a shirt and tote bag from the merchandise booth and the queue began. i was already jumping in joy and screaming internally when they distribute the band to which arena are we, i was standing 2 so on the left side of the stage where jonny is. The gates opened, i’m so happy (almost cried) when the lady at the gate gave me my first xylo bands and surprisingly the gave us a love button too, i came to love that button and has been wanting it because chris was always wearing it every where. Oh i got an orange xylo bands and red love button. When i got past the gate i instantly ran towards the front of the stage and was lucky enough to be just 3 row downs from the stage, i literally can’t believe my luck. i didn’t move or budge at all from my spots, there were a couple of people that tried to snuck to the front but thankfully the security removed them. I stand through jess kent and lianne la havas (didn’t know if that’s how its pronounce). When the lights started to dim, i can’t feel the excitement throughout the stadium and people started to chant the viva la vida anthem and the speech they usually used started.

Then, they came on stage and i screamed as loud as i could, because i cannot believe that i’m actually just standing 3 ft in front of them. A head full of dreams was the perfect song to start the concert and Up&Up was the perfect song to end the concert. Never in my life have i gone to concert where i sang through every seconds of it and knew the lyrics word by word, it was really the best night of my light and the highlight of my years. Guy moved to my side of the arena twice guys twice, he’s even more handsome in real life :(:(. Chris often talks between songs and it really shows how down to earth and nice of a person he is. Jonny was killin it on that guitar and also will on that drum. Oh my, i love them so much. Every song was a new experience different from the other songs, the balloons that came out at adventure of a lifetime, the viva la vida chanting, the effect in midnight (one of my favorite song, and i’m happy that they played it), the burst of confetti, the fireworks, chris’s solo on everglow (i cried a little), the sing along part on fix you (you must know what i mean), every songs they performed was just magnificent.

Some major things happened in that concert. First, they shoot everglow to be played in BBC Awards because they won artist of the year. Second, there’s a tribute to a local humanitarian and they invite her singer son to sing Imagine on stage with them. Third, There’s a proposal. Fourth, i don’t know if they often do this, but they sang a sky full of stars two times in a row! it was so much fun singing along and dancing to that song. I was alone at that concert, but it didn’t felt like that at all, it felt like i know every one person that came through coldplay song and i danced literally like a crazy person. I cried a couple of times, not gonna lie.

Th stage itself was a beauty on its own. The hanging flower, the screen stage at the end of the long stage, and they even have people high up on the stage to do manual lighting. How awesome is that? THE XYLO BAND, oh my god the sight when the band lights up the entire stadium was so beautiful and just perfect. Then come UP&UP, i know that the concert will end soon and i feel mellow throughout that song and sang as loud as i could. That last line on up&up “never give up” was such a powerful message and ending to a great album and concert. At last, i want to say thank you to coldplay for giving me such a magnificent and greatest night of my life. Wishing all coldplay fans out there will be able to watch them live!

Some of the photos that i took with my camera:

The kick ass stage

The AHFOD symbol

Chris Martin in all his gloriousness

I’m so freakin luck to able to get the 4 of the in one pict

Finally able to wear a XYLO BANDS

The Adventure of A Lifetime Balloons party!

Tribute to Local Humanitarian (Coldplay ft. Her son)

some from my instgram also:

[MEDIA=instagram]BN2rpNLA9Um[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN2rpNLA9Um/

[MEDIA=instagram]BN0HcnlgdHg[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BN0HcnlgdHg/

1427275154_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_06_37PM.png.760cf1deb4babeddb04341231a2202bf.png

893563880_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_07_02PM.png.35bbe81fbb12206d2beb6daada175413.png

1404102528_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_07_13PM.png.e422ad2a2f2a24bc57dbc6dde97722ba.png

1572091512_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_07_25PM.png.e532ab91ed3a52440aac2c478c1d50e0.png

1549260465_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_07_43PM.thumb.png.a48408a3b7c8d9f6a941157e83a7f9bf.png

771287199_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_07_52PM.thumb.png.6f4346514fab9aca021613a1b3c58d42.png

1106502369_ScreenShot2016-12-30at11_08_00PM.thumb.png.29eb307cce961e18338a666432f3158d.png

• Like 3

So that's where you are hiding, Santa !

(Just kidding, loved your review and that correct presumably auto-correct mistake :heart:)

This made me laugh so much

Sorry autocorrect changed Chris And Jonny's names to Christmas and John.. Gosh autocorrect at times does the funniest things...

Thank you so much I enjoyed writing about it! It's an experience i'll cherish forever!

• Like 1

Happy New Year Coldplayers! Hope you all had a safe and fun NYE. So I am laying on the couch recuperating from last night's festivities and geared myself up with some tissues, water and Coldplay's Spotify sessions to re read everyone's amazing reviews. Still crying after reading them about 4 times each LOL! It is amazing how this band can inspire, encourage, motivate and excite their fans. All of the reviews captured so much emotion with the love their fans have for them. Thank you all for participating, once again, very hard to pick one winner. If I could afford to send ALL the entrants the buttons I would.

And the winner is .........................

Drum Roll please................................

BuckinParadise

Congrats and I will DM you tomorrow

• Like 4