✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your age?

coldplay_lover4

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good morning to you all. First post on this site from myself. I'm 21, I have been following Coldplay from the age of 5; yes 5 year old Rhys was dancing away to Yellow!

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Coldplaying mobile app

I posted my age and info earlier, but now I have to add this. When I started really liking CP, my daughter was about 4 and learning colors. Everytime she heard Yellow (usually in my car), she'd shout "yellow!!!" each time the word was sang in that song. She was so excited to hear a color she knew. :-)

Her first non-kid song she ever sang along to was The Scientist, singing the line, "nobody said it was easy" in her little toddler voice. She's now my 8yo budding CP fan girl. Lol

• Like 7

My dad is 50 and though he isn't really a fan, he was nice enough to go with me to my only Coldplay concert and he did say he enjoyed it. :) And some people in the audience looked like they might be even older than my dad. So age is irrelevant when it comes to liking Coldplay. :)

By the way, welcome to Coldplaying! :awesome:

Omg same here! My mom who is now 60 took me to my 1st Coldplay concert for my 8th grade graduation present in 2009 (I barely made it for the Viva era thank god) and has been my concert buddy for all the other 9 of my concerts ever since. Although she still doesn't really understand why I have to see them every time they come over here (I feel like nobody I know understands except you guys lol), she says she loves them even more every time we see them :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 4

I posted my age and info earlier, but now I have to add this. When I started really liking CP, my daughter was about 4 and learning colors. Everytime she heard Yellow (usually in my car), she'd shout "yellow!!!" each time the word was sang in that song. She was so excited to hear a color she knew. :-)

Her first non-kid song she ever sang along to was The Scientist, singing the line, "nobody said it was easy" in her little toddler voice. She's now my 8yo budding CP fan girl. Lol

That is awesome! I introduced my daughter to Coldplay when she was 7. She loved them then and loves them even more now. She is 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Omg same here! My mom who is now 60 took me to my 1st Coldplay concert for my 8th grade graduation present in 2009 (I barely made it for the Viva era thank god) and has been my concert buddy for all the other 9 of my concerts ever since. Although she still doesn't really understand why I have to see them every time they come over here (I feel like nobody I know understands except you guys lol), she says she loves them even more every time we see them :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

Sorry, it is this to which I was referring.

• Like 1

That is awesome! I introduced my daughter to Coldplay when she was 7. She loved them then and loves them even more now. She is 17.

I'm glad to hear your daughter still likes them. That gives me hope that my daughter will still like them when she's older too. I'm afraid she'll hit the rebellious teen years and decide it's not cool to like her mom's music anymore. I'm praying that doesn't happen. Or at least that she won't go so far in the other direction that she starts listening to gangster rap or something equally awful. (No offense to any CP'ers out there who might like gangster rap...) [emoji33]

• Like 4

I'm glad to hear your daughter still likes them. That gives me hope that my daughter will still like them when she's older too. I'm afraid she'll hit the rebellious teen years and decide it's not cool to like her mom's music anymore. I'm praying that doesn't happen. Or at least that she won't go so far in the other direction that she starts listening to gangster rap or something equally awful. (No offense to any CP'ers out there who might like gangster rap...) [emoji33]

None taken[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

It's awesome! Having my daughter being Coldplay lover as well. We get in the car together, put in our Coldplay CD of choice that day....crank it up and just sing & sing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm 31...Parachutes came out when I was a freshman in high school (wow I feel old now!) I feel immensely grateful every single day to have Coldplay in my life. I relied on their music a lot as a teenager to help me deal with anxiety issues and I continue to do so as an adult. They are such a rock for me, I honestly don't know what I would do without them!

And to make being a Coldplayer even more fun, after years of trying, I finally got my dad into their music a few years ago. He begrudgingly at the time sat down to watch their Glastonbury 2011 show with me and since that day he has become just as much of a fan as me! We went to our first show together on the MX tour and then saw them twice on the AHFOD tour over the summer. I absolutely love sharing the Coldplay experience with him! :-)

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Go mom! I'm about the same age she was when she first took you. LOL! Even we "old people" can relate to Coldplay!

Sorry, it is this to which I was referring.

Only saw this thread now. That was quite a math riddle, @iamsue :p