✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What is your age?

coldplay_lover4

I turned 43 a few weeks ago, and I've been listening to them just in the past 4 or 5 years. I heard Viva la Vida on my usual rock station while driving home from work and googled "Who sings 'that was when I ruled the world?'" as soon as I got home. Lol. Been obsessed ever since, and this year I really got my kids into them, especially my 8yo daughter.

Lovely!

Norys

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I turned 43 a few weeks ago, and I've been listening to them just in the past 4 or 5 years. I heard Viva la Vida on my usual rock station while driving home from work and googled "Who sings 'that was when I ruled the world?'" as soon as I got home. Lol. Been obsessed ever since, and this year I really got my kids into them, especially my 8yo daughter.

That is awesome! Someone my age. I got my daughter into them when she was 7, even took her to a concert. My story is kinda like yours.....early summer 2005.....already in bed my hubby wakes me up in the middle of the night and says "babe, you gotta listen to the band" Coldplay was being featured on VH1 Storytellers....they were in the middle of performing Fix You....I said "I like that song, what is the name of this band?" Hubby said "it's a band called Coldplay" The next morning I went out and bought their X&Y cd.....the following day I went and bought all their cds. I have been a lover ever since. I have seen them in concert 7 times! I am forever in love!![emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

That is awesome! Someone my age. I got my daughter into them when she was 7, even took her to a concert. My story is kinda like yours.....early summer 2005.....already in bed my hubby wakes me up in the middle of the night and says "babe, you gotta listen to the band" Coldplay was being featured on VH1 Storytellers....they were in the middle of performing Fix You....I said "I like that song, what is the name of this band?" Hubby said "it's a band called Coldplay" The next morning I went out and bought their X&Y cd.....the following day I went and bought all their cds. I have been a lover ever since. I have seen them in concert 7 times! I am forever in love!![emoji173]️

Beautiful stories... I'd love to have kids someday and get them into CP as well. I really like The Beatles because of my father and I've always wondered how would it be to do the same with my own kids... I also wonder if CP will last so many years as other bands like U2 or The Rolling Stones... can you imagine? CP songs on the radio in 2030? I like dreaming about this haha... who knows!

BTW, 7 concerts? That's pretty awesome, you're a lucky person!! :)

• Like 7

Beautiful stories... I'd love to have kids someday and get them into CP as well. I really like The Beatles because of my father and I've always wondered how would it be to do the same with my own kids... I also wonder if CP will last so many years as other bands like U2 or The Rolling Stones... can you imagine? CP songs on the radio in 2030? I like dreaming about this haha... who knows!

I sure hope Coldplay last for many more years to come. Yes, I have seen them 7 times!! I will see them as many times as possible. I have traveled quite a distance to see their shows!! Every tour always better than the one before! They are just amazing.

• Like 3

I wish one of my parents was really into a band, not necessarily coldplay but it would just be great to have the memories of growing up with certain bands...

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
So, I'm very curious as to what everyones age is. I am 42. I have loved Coldplay for years. My family thinks I'm too old to be so wrapped up with Coldplay. I love them, I listen to them everyday & no one is going to change that. What is your age?

I love the fact that you're 42! (Especially because of the song 42 [emoji39])

I'm 26 years old. I must have been 10 when I heard Yellow on the radio. I even made a tape of Coldplay songs off the radio [emoji85]

Never too young or old to enjoy the best band in the universe! x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 6

I'm 15.

And NO ONE is too old to like something!! :D

Okay. I actually wasn't planning to say it anytime soon but after I saw Diogo telling his age, I think it's time to tell you my age too :)

I am still 14 but am almost 15 and I was into Coldplay when I was about 11 or 12 I think.

And Talk was my first Coldplay song that I ever heard, I called it the robot-song because of the music video :D

(I actually didn't thought that so many Coldplayers here are younger than 20:))

• Like 4

Guest diogo_sg
Okay. I actually wasn't planning to say it anytime soon but after I saw Diogo telling his age, I think it's time to tell you my age too :)

I am still 14 but am almost 15 and I was into Coldplay when I was about 11 or 12 I think.

And Talk was my first Coldplay song that I ever heard, I called it the robot-song because of the music video :D

(I actually didn't thought that so many Coldplayers here are younger than 20:))

Hehe! "robot song" [emoji23]

We both started liking Coldplay at around the same age too. Interesting... [emoji4]

Also, it's amazing how vast Coldplay's fandom is, isn't it? They're really a band for all ages.

I'm twenty something and it's cool to have people here in their teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s! (Haven't seen 70s or older yet!) :)

I agree that Coldplay is for all ages! It really is great that so much people of different ages are into Coldplay and the forums ! :)

But hey, maybe there are people in the 70s on the forum, you'll never know !

Gideon_Mx via Tapatalk

• Like 5

So, I'm very curious as to what everyones age is. I am 42. I have loved Coldplay for years. My family thinks I'm too old to be so wrapped up with Coldplay. I love them, I listen to them everyday & no one is going to change that. What is your age?

I get that same sentiment from my very anti-Coldplay husband of the same age. Don't worry, I have you beaten in the age category. As Bruce Willis JUST said in the movie Red, as I type this, "With age comes a certain wisdom."

• Like 2

I wish one of my parents was really into a band, not necessarily coldplay but it would just be great to have the memories of growing up with certain bands...

Ok, this will age me: when I was growing up, I worshiped The Carpenters. I used to wish they were my parents! :wacky::! (I also loved Lassie and my uncle got me an auto-graphed picture).Ok, now how old am I?

• Like 1

My niece turns 2 tomorrow and I got her to say "I love Coldplay" and I've been exposing her to their music ever since she was months old. Her lullaby song is The Scientist (the actual song, not the lullaby version lol).

Gotta teach em when they're young haha [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

my nephew is only 8 months old and when i went to visit last week i made him watch a few Coldplay videos :sneaky:

i think he liked the video for AHFOD because he was looking at the screen for a while... or more likely he wanted to eat my tablet :lol:

• Like 7

Ok, this will age me: when I was growing up, I worshiped The Carpenters. I used to wish they were my parents! :wacky::! (I also loved Lassie and my uncle got me an auto-graphed picture).Ok, now how old am I?

I'd say you're about 55 or 60?

• Like 2

I get that same sentiment from my very anti-Coldplay husband of the same age. Don't worry, I have you beaten in the age category. As Bruce Willis JUST said in the movie Red, as I type this, "With age comes a certain wisdom."

Well hello fellow Coldplay lover[emoji1309]

• Like 1

My niece turns 2 tomorrow and I got her to say "I love Coldplay" and I've been exposing her to their music ever since she was months old. Her lullaby song is The Scientist (the actual song, not the lullaby version lol).

Gotta teach em when they're young haha [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Coldplaying mobile app

Thats sweet. My 4 years old niece love Paradise and likes AOALT and HFTW

• Like 3

Good guess. A bit younger. Not much.

Sorry, no offense! I was trying to imagine what years you meant for "while growing up" and must have overestimated. I'll change my guess to 50. [emoji6]

• Like 2

Sorry, no offense! I was trying to imagine what years you meant for "while growing up" and must have overestimated. I'll change my guess to 50. [emoji6]

No offense taken. Now you are under. 52. You'd make a good detective!

• Like 4