✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2017-6-6] Olympiastadium, Munich, Germany

Christa42

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yap, they threw everything in this huge trash container (or next to it once it was full) and people were digging through hundreds of umbrellas and literally trash to find their stuff after the show. It was a mess. Especially since some people at some gates were allowed to take their stuff into the stadium with them.

I would guess you can expect the same chaos at every other german show since security will be very strict.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

What disrespectful treAtment of people's stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi, please help. My question is if there was at all european concerts chance for buying early entry tickets for standing or if exist some concerts where is only general addmision for standing. thank you.

I just can't find it out

Coldplay C'mon to change the setlist ! Fans deserve it

ahoj, mam na TEba otazku,. vsimol som si ze si bol na koncerte v Mnichove.. nevies ako je to s early entry tickets? predavali sa do vsetkych europskych miest? ide mi o to aby som nestal niekde v polke stadionu a ak su koncerty kde su iba general admission tak pojdem na ten.

Let me tell you our story of this latest concert. First we met up with friends who live very close to the Olympic Stadium for a pre-concert drink. My husband asks the brother of his friend who got a ticket only the week before, if he has seen Coldplay live before. His answer was, I was even once on the same wedding as Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. I must have sat there with my mouth wide open. He continued and said "I was actually trying to get a backstage pass yesterday but when they said, it is a bit late and guest lists have to be with photo and stuff I said, don't worry I do not want to cause a hazzle" He added that had he known that I was so keen on it, he would have tried harder. He even said, I did not call Chris Martin directly but the people where we were on the wedding.

Can you imagine! He kept up close on who these people were and on my question if he HAS Chris's phone he did not answer. He only said that he really is a nice person in real life and that they had a nice talk. I guess the fact that he does not talk about these things even if asked, is the reason he is friends with this "these people". But now knowing what I know I will try to get a backstage pass out of him the next time they come to Munich.

The concert itself was fantastic no question, with a great atmosphere. Even the weather behaved and the rain stopped just long enough before the concert for the rain pavilions to disappear. However I also think the setlist could do with a few changes. And they could have planned an encore. It is strange to have no encore on a concert. They never have done proper encores where they disappear and re-appear as far as I can remember (or maybe at my first concert in the VLV area, I remember they even changed their clothes). During the last concerts they always said "Do you have time for one more song" or so. I was very pleased though that they played almost a full 2 hour show not like the last tours (Mylo Xyloto) where they finished after 80 minutes.

Special was that Chris asked a guy on stage to play piano for him on Everglow. You can read everything about it in the media. First I thought it is real, then I thought it was staged and now I think again it is real. What do you think?

Also looking forward to the Video and which footage they used from the concert.

Regarding the security we had no bad experiences. No big queues and since our tickets which we had bought eight months before stated that no bags and backpacks are allowed we did not bring anything. I found it strange that not even umbrellas where allowed which were small and collapsible especially with the rain before the concert. I found the mail saying this only today as they had sent it only on the day of the concert at 4 PM. But somebody else from our group had read it and told as so.

Problem was with the catering. I stood almost one hour in a relatively small queue (15 people) to get my Fries. The stall had about 5 such queues and the fries did not get ready fast enough. I was surprised because at this venue there are regularly 70.000 people who are hungry so I have to make sure to offer food that I can deliver quickly.

On the way home we had a 2 hour delay to get out of Munich due to roadworks at the motorway junction. Nice fact on the side: In the traffic jam we got passed by the very stage truck shown in one of the first pictures in this thread. Looked exactly the same and had British reg. I think I even saw it later again in the first truck lay by. So they first had their deserved sleep before heading on to Lyon.

I did not intend to write such a long comment, but here we go. By the way, I am still wearing my new AOAL heart t-shirt which I bought at the merch stand. It is super cosy and looks gorgeous. Have fun wherever you are!

• Like 7

This is information that I got yesterday for the German/Austrian shows at 15:54 (so 6 minutes before the doors opened!):

[ATTACH=full]6956[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]6957[/ATTACH]

Edit: btw it is a bit contradictory, on the first page they say small cosmetic bags allowed, on the other: only belly bags permitted. [emoji52]

:nod: the same here

didn't have a problems about the bags though, because my ticket said "no bags at all" and I bought in October.

:nod: the same here

didn't have a problems about the bags though, because my ticket said "no bags at all" and I bought in October.

Hmm yeah I know what you mean - but these Ticketmaster tickets also say no cameras for example and when I asked the local promoter in Munich they said small compact cameras are allowed. Also, the new Live Nation guidelines from a few days before the show explicitly said small cosmetic bags allowed :-/

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I just sent my complaint email to Live Nation Germany.

Yes, I know I personally got lucky in the end with my spot, but very nearly (and this happened to quite a lot of people, judging from the scenes I saw at least at the entrance I was at...) I could also have been sent back, been potentially forced to throw away my bag and hours of queuing in the rain would have gone to waste; or if I had a seated ticket, which I had been contemplating, I might not even have made it into the stadium in time for Coldplay's performance; and I am still somewhat traumatized from the moment at the gate when after all the queuing I was initially denied entrance. Since I also go to other shows in Germany I really want Live Nation to know that it was messed up and I hope they will "learn from the mistakes".

I can only encourage everyone who was affected to also complain - Coldplayers going to future concerts will be grateful for it.

If anyone doesn't know what to write I can offer you a glance at my letter (in German), just send me a PM.

I am still working on uploading the full show. Unfortunately my internet at home is down at the moment, but I hope that it will be up and up and up on Youtube in a few days :)

• Like 3