✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Leg 2017

COLDPLAY TODAY ANNOUNCED DATES FOR THEIR NORTH AMERICAN TOUR IN 2017! HERE'S THE DATES...

Tue Aug 01 – New York, NY – MetLife Stadium

Fri Aug 04 – Boston, MA – Gillette Stadium

Sun Aug 06 – Washington, DC – FedExField

Tue Aug 08 – Montreal, QC – Bell Centre

Sat Aug 12 – Minneapolis, MN – US Bank Stadium

Mon Aug 14 – Omaha, NE – CenturyLink Center

Tue Aug 15 – Kansas City, MO – Sprint Center

Thu Aug 17 – Chicago, IL – Soldier Field

Sat Aug 19 – Cleveland, OH – Quicken Loans Arena

Mon Aug 21 – Toronto, ON – Rogers Centre

Fri Aug 25 – Houston, TX – NRG Stadium

Mon Aug 28 – Miami, FL – Hard Rock Stadium

Sat Sep 23 – Seattle, WA – CenturyLink Field

Tue Sep 26 – Edmonton, AB – Rogers Place

Fri Sep 29 – Vancouver, BC – BC Place

Mon Oct 02 – Portland, OR – Moda Center

Wed Oct 04 – San Francisco, CA – Levi’s Stadium

Sun Oct 08 – San Diego, CA – Qualcomm Stadium

Note that there are some gaps between dates so there could be extra dates announced, like Bell Centre, Metlife Stadium, or Levi's Stadium.

I'm sure [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] will have an official thread for this leg soon.

Kyle

• Like 2

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NE and MO are on there, so hopefully Nebraska and Missouri. Either the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE or CenturyLink Center in Omaha (saw them there in '09). For MO, probably the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, although I saw them there in July this year.

NE and MO are on there, so hopefully Nebraska and Missouri. Either the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, NE or CenturyLink Center in Omaha (saw them there in '09). For MO, probably the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, although I saw them there in July this year.

Here, look at Atlas Project's tweet!

[MEDIA=twitter]784068862778155008[/MEDIA]

• Like 1

I'm not from that area, but do you think Coldplay would ever do a show at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs? That's in Iowa, so I don't know if they would...

I'm not from that area, but do you think Coldplay would ever do a show at the Mid-America Center in Council Bluffs? That's in Iowa, so I don't know if they would...

I doubt it, because it only fits about 9,000, but I'd definitely go if they did. The biggest band I can remember playing there was The Killers, but that was in '07.

Don't think they'll play arenas, they're a tad too big for that. If they do, they're gonna be adding 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. dates forever. But at the same time, I don't think they'll be doing stadiums again either. I'm thinking baseball fields: Citi Field in Queens, Wrigley Field in Chicago, Fenway Park in Boston, etc.

Anybody have a hunch as to when the tour will happen, before or after the European dates? Would love another summer run in August after they finish up in Europe.

• Like 1

Don't think they'll play arenas, they're a tad too big for that. If they do, they're gonna be adding 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. dates forever. But at the same time, I don't think they'll be doing stadiums again either. I'm thinking baseball fields: Citi Field in Queens, Wrigley Field in Chicago, Fenway Park in Boston, etc.

Anybody have a hunch as to when the tour will happen, before or after the European dates? Would love another summer run in August after they finish up in Europe.

Likely after because even Coldplay needs a break from touring between Australia/New Zealand and Europe 2017.

They still play in arenas. As of the last few shows.

They still play in arenas. As of the last few shows.

Yeah, you're right for those B-market cities. But I can't see how they'll do arenas in NYC & Chicago, etc. after selling out two stadium dates in each city. We'll see I guess. What's most important for me is a General Admission floor, but promoters won't let that happen unfortunately.

Also baseball stadiums are a little small, and may not fit many people on the field. I think Coldplay looks more for football (American football) stadiums in the US and when one is unavailable they use a NHL arena, like the Bell Centre in Montreal or the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Yeah, you're right for those B-market cities. But I can't see how they'll do arenas in NYC & Chicago, etc. after selling out two stadium dates in each city. We'll see I guess. What's most important for me is a General Admission floor, but promoters won't let that happen unfortunately.

For NYC they have Madison Square Garden.

• Like 1

I completely agree with you about general admission. I went from the US ti a wembley show and you had to get in super quick if you wanted to be close to the stage.

• Like 1

I live close to Boston so this doesn't matter to me, but in case anyone didn't notice MetLife Stadium in NY/NJ retweeted the 2017 gif today, as well as shared it on their Facebook.

Then again I just read that Red Bull Arena, a 25000 outdoor arena 20 minutes from NYC will start hosting concerts next year with, apparently, already having a few shows booked for next summer but that would be a major downgrade from MetLife.

• Like 1

I live close to Boston so this doesn't matter to me, but in case anyone didn't notice MetLife Stadium in NY/NJ retweeted the 2017 gif today, as well as shared it on their Facebook.

Then again I just read that Red Bull Arena, a 25000 outdoor arena 20 minutes from NYC will start hosting concerts next year with, apparently, already having a few shows booked for next summer but that would be a major downgrade from MetLife.

Good catch, thanks for the heads up! I can already imagine people getting annoyed again about naming things New York when it's actually in Jersey.