✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

North American Leg 2017

Good catch, thanks for the heads up! I can already imagine people getting annoyed again about naming things New York when it's actually in Jersey.

Same with Gillette Stadium being in Foxborough but Coldplay says it's in Boston, which is 45 minutes away.

The #ColdplayNewYork issue was especially annoying.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live close to Boston so this doesn't matter to me, but in case anyone didn't notice MetLife Stadium in NY/NJ retweeted the 2017 gif today, as well as shared it on their Facebook.

Then again I just read that Red Bull Arena, a 25000 outdoor arena 20 minutes from NYC will start hosting concerts next year with, apparently, already having a few shows booked for next summer but that would be a major downgrade from MetLife.

I hope Coldplay doesn't play at Metlife again (don't hate me!) but if they do, I hope they don't have #ColdplayNewYork.

• Like 1

Did they play in Quebec? I know they have played in Montreal, and I have already made plans to go there if Coldplay has a show there.

It will be the first time in Qc city, but Jonny said in a French interview back in 2015 that they will come eventually and we have a brand new arena :)

Likely after because even Coldplay needs a break from touring between Australia/New Zealand and Europe 2017.

I think (and hope) it will be before the european dates.

A six-month break seems like a bit too much time specially since they just started touring like 6 months ago.

It will be the first time in Qc city, but Jonny said in a French interview back in 2015 that they will come eventually and we have a brand new arena :)

Ok then you never know. I really am hoping for Montreal though.

I moved to the UK a few days ago but now I'm back in the US for another year. Since I live in a more eastern part of New York, any part of eastern Canada (Toronto, QC, Montreal) would be my Canadian cities of choice when Coldplay comes!

• Like 1

I think (and hope) it will be before the european dates.

A six-month break seems like a bit too much time specially since they just started touring like 6 months ago.

True but they do need at least some time off, to work on new music and whatnot. We'll have to wait until Saturday, Sunday, or any time after that to find out.

Personally I think they will take a 2-3 week break after Europe and come to North America in the very end of July and August.

NORTH AMERICAN DATES ANNOUNCED! 18 new #AHFODtour shows confirmed for US & Canada in Aug/Sep/Oct 2017

Tue Aug 01 - New York, NY - MetLife Stadium

Fri Aug 04 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium

Sun Aug 06 - Washington, DC - FedExField

Tue Aug 08 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

Sat Aug 12 - Minneapolis, MN - US Bank Stadium

Mon Aug 14 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center

Tue Aug 15 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

Thu Aug 17 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

Sat Aug 19 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

Mon Aug 21 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

Fri Aug 25 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

Mon Aug 28 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium

Sat Sep 23 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field

Tue Sep 26 - Edmonton, AB - Rogers Place

Fri Sep 29 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place

Mon Oct 02 – Portland, OR - Moda Center

Wed Oct 04 - San Francisco, CA - Levi's Stadium

Sun Oct 08 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

• Like 2

Probably the delay is Atlanta is that they don't know if they'll have a venue. The current stadium, Georgia Dome, is set for demolision this winter. The new stadium is supposed to be up and going by football season. Maybe that's part of the reason Atlanta wasn't announced today. There is almost a month ago in the schedule after Miami, my guess is Atlanta will be added there. It's just a question of will it be at the new stadium, or will they go the arena route?

The south is quite under represented. They should add shows in Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville and somewhere in the Caroline's.

NORTH AMERICAN DATES ANNOUNCED! 18 new #AHFODtour shows confirmed for US & Canada in Aug/Sep/Oct 2017

Tue Aug 01 - New York, NY - MetLife Stadium

Fri Aug 04 - Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium

Sun Aug 06 - Washington, DC - FedExField

Tue Aug 08 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

Sat Aug 12 - Minneapolis, MN - US Bank Stadium

Mon Aug 14 - Omaha, NE - CenturyLink Center

Tue Aug 15 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

Thu Aug 17 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

Sat Aug 19 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena

Mon Aug 21 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre

Fri Aug 25 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

Mon Aug 28 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium

Sat Sep 23 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field

Tue Sep 26 - Edmonton, AB - Rogers Place

Fri Sep 29 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place

Mon Oct 02 – Portland, OR - Moda Center

Wed Oct 04 - San Francisco, CA - Levi's Stadium

Sun Oct 08 - San Diego, CA - Qualcomm Stadium

I saw it literally 2 minutes after they posted it. I'm updating the thread now, sorry I didn't have time earlier...

Does anyone know how pre sale works? They go on sale starting this Monday at 10a for the US and Tuesday for Canada. Does that mean that the US pre sale ends on Tuesday, or that it starts on Monday and lasts until whenever they sell out (maybe 2 or 3 days later)? I've never bought pre sale before. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

surprised the second leg is also a stadium tour! excited that we got the seattle show! anyway, the demand seems to be higher the second time around. at least in europe.

People probably heard all of us talking excitedly about how amazing the shows were that we saw the first time around, and now they (and us again) want to go too! I know several peeps who are going this time because they heard me talk about it and saw my photos.

• Like 2

Probably the delay is Atlanta is that they don't know if they'll have a venue. The current stadium, Georgia Dome, is set for demolision this winter. The new stadium is supposed to be up and going by football season. Maybe that's part of the reason Atlanta wasn't announced today. There is almost a month ago in the schedule after Miami, my guess is Atlanta will be added there. It's just a question of will it be at the new stadium, or will they go the arena route?

The south is quite under represented. They should add shows in Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville and somewhere in the Caroline's.

I agree...........

I mean, is this it? Does this mean I'm out of luck and I'll have to go up to DC to see them? I'm trying to believe that when they say "first 2017 North American shows" that means more will be coming.

People probably heard all of us talking excitedly about how amazing the shows were that we saw the first time around, and now they (and us again) want to go too! I know several peeps who are going this time because they heard me talk about it and saw my photos.

Yeah, it is quite a lot of excitement about a show that has been on the road for one year! The demand in Europe is off the scale! It'll probably be more laid back over here.

• Like 2

My thoughts exactly! I hope they can at least do Philips arena. The new stadium opens in June, but I hope they can secure something in Atlanta.

Yeah, it is quite a lot of excitement about a show that has been on the road for one year! The demand in Europe is off the scale! It'll probably be more laid back over here.

Yea, I read a bunch of things about the tickets selling out in minutes, and tons of people were unable to get them. I feel bad for them, because it happens here too, and it is usually because some big company or something buys them all to resell. It is so unfair, and no one seems to be doing anything to stop it.

Looking at presale tickets for Toronto. What does Coldplay fan presale mean? How do we access these tickets? I'm signed up already on the Coldplay website as a member but I can't find any info there

I have never bought presale, but I think it means that people who subscribe to the site can buy earlier using the code that they sent. I think that you enter the code on the Ticketmaster site.

• Like 1

Hi! My friend have signed up on Coldplay Website for having access to the fans presale 2 hours ago. She don't have her presale code yet... I have mine, but it's been long time I subscribe to the Website (like 1 year)... Do you know if she will have the code!? Oh she will never have it, since she sign up after the announcement... !?

Pretty excited to see a handful on there that would be possibilities for me. DC and Metlife again for sure, since those are both 3 hours from me. Probably will do Cleveland since that's an easy drive, and it's a Saturday, and it's an arena, which I miss even though the stadiums are cool. And it would be easy to do Toronto from there (I love Toronto!). And Boston is close. I probably won't buy tickets to any but NY/DC though, since it's so far away it's kind of hard to predict where my life will be then and i don't want to end up eating costs for anything.