✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I notice things...

psychedelic_clocks

A lot of people on this board who liked coldplay first, tend to like radiohead next and they notice that radiohead has 'more talent' than coldplay, and those people, STOP LIKING COLDPLAY or, like them less. How come coldplay are such a disposable band?? Why drop coldplay for radiohead? They DO NOT sound alike. I think some people are just conforming to what other people think about radiohead being better. I dont see how they can compare the two. I'm not saying that anyones better, I'm just asking why this happens and....I dont quite get this process...it only applies to people who loved coldplay first and began to listen to radiohead after.

by the way is toronto a province?

I also think they sound nothing alike, I did however get into radiohead after coldplay because I had some friends who liked them and got me to listen to a few songs, and I ended up really liking them, but i still put coldplay above them since I've been a fan of theirs longer, same goes with travis..I put them a little tiny bit above coldplay because they're the reason I listen to the music I do now..yeah, and that's about it lol

you people either a) are insane or b) have never heard "The Bends"

listen to "Fake Plastic Trees" or "High and Dry" and tell me Coldplay didn't take anything from Radiohead.

they may not sound EXACTLY alike, but in the grand scheme of things, Coldplay sounds a hell of a lot like "The Bends" era Radiohead.

anyhoo, i've always liked Radiohead a lot more than Coldplay, and knew about radiohead for years before i ever heard of Coldplay... it's just that Radiohead fans tend to be huge douchebags a lot of the time, whereas Coldplay fans are super badass and cool.

so here i am.

i was a radiohead fan before coldplay and ROBTTH brought coldplay up to the same level for me so now I am firstly a huge radiohead fan who also really appreciate coldplay - I'd just like to see how they do for the next few albums although I suspect they will only get better :D

i'm not trying to say any band are better or worse...but!....Radiohead have released 6 amazing (amazing in MY opinion) albums...and if coldplay release a 6th album to the same level of greatness as 'Hail To The Thief'...then Super Duper!

<other acceptable spellings of 'Duper' is 'Dooper'>

I knew Radiohead years before Coldplay and I must agree with Tom Peed. 'The bends' sounds very coldplay-ish...

I suppose people say they don't look the same because they compare CP sound with Kid A or Amnesiac... and then, definitely, they sound very different

I like radiohead and oasis more than coldplay :o

yeah, me too

Anyway, if those people are gonna come along and say "I love Coldplay", but as soon as they find a band they like more turn around and say "actually, no Coldplay totally suck now" then fuck them. They're just hopping on the bandwagon and could never have really liked Coldplay in the first place. They're probably just forcing themselves to like them because everyone else seems to be.