✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Song requests dropped?

Stefan8

Does anyone know why they don't do the request songs anymore, even though they still promoted them for this leg?

Did they get sick of browsing through all the awkward videos of people wanting to hear songs because it reminded them of their dead pet?

Did they get tired of people requesting Clocks and Yellow?

Are they too lazy to remember songs they haven't played for a few years?

Discuss!!!!

Because they've decided they only want to play In My Place, Don't Panic and Til Kingdom Come so they just play those.

The request thing isn't as popular as last year anymore too, for the Brussels show there were only about 45 requests...

It would be better if they just stopped promoting it imo, the filthy liars haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Because they've decided they only want to play In My Place, Don't Panic and Til Kingdom Come so they just play those.

The request thing isn't as popular as last year anymore too, for the Brussels show there were only about 45 requests...

It would be better if they just stopped promoting it imo, the filthy liars haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's not as popular because they ended up picking the same songs, like you said. At least at first they played some other ones too. It seemed like a missed opportunity to give each show some extra character, involve the audience and reward returning concert goers. The shows are still great, but still.

Also I didn't understand why they promoted the Hypnotised app (even at the show itself it said to open the app when they play the song) and then not play Hypnotised. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

• Like 3

Also Chris uses the request song spot for playing a cover from an artist of the same country a few times now (e.g. Håkan Hellström in Sweden and Stromae in Belgium). I can speak only for Sweden's gigs, but the fans got really excited and the reception was really good.

But yes, the request thing has faded away slowly, rarer songs were here and there in the beginning, then it has come to the place where they always played IMP, Don't Panic and Til Kingdom Come/Us Against the World mostly. Hopefully they will play every niw and then a surprising song, because at least they keep soundchecking and getting request videos for rarer songs. One reason might be too that the reason for request has been usually "it's my favourite song" "it's my friends favourite song" "it means a lot to me" which are valid and good reasons, but might get a little repetitious

• Like 1

• 1 month later...