✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Name Artist |or| Band for Coldplay Collab

TealAppeal

Hello. Not sure if this thread has ever been created before so I'm making this. If one has been posted before, please moderators feel free to merge this into that topic. Thank you.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Quick overview about this thread topic.

This is your opinions / thoughts on how'd you'd like to experience an musical artist or band collaboration with Coldplay in some aspect.

This isn't official per-say (unless it actually occurs) these are fun ideas to toss about. You can go into great detail on your artist/band or be brief; you can describe what cover songs Coldplay might do with your selection ~ just have fun. Thanks for reading.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Okay, so here's mine.

For as long as I have listened to Coldplay I've also had admiration for the British band, Keane.

I'd love for Keane to do a collaboration with Coldplay.

There was a time where I thought the band disbanded however I have recently learned that they are back in action. What I find really neat about both Keane and Coldplay is ~ the band members have crossed paths before!

https://coldplaying.com/on-this-day-keanes-tim-rice-oxley-was-almost-coldplays-keyboard-player/

I think the musical sounds these band duo would be truly magical!

If Coldplay were to attempt any cover any songs from Keane, I believe they could pull off...

- `Somewhere Only We Know`

or

- `The Frog Prince`

For Keane's side, I hadn't really thought it through... maybe whatever Coldplay song they could have enjoyment with.

Those are my thoughts, cannot wait to read your own responses ♥

• Like 2

I really believe Coldplay is at its best when it's just the four of them with no collaborations, and I would embrace it if we finally got another album without any collaborations (at least not featuring some big pop singers, I don't mind collabs of the likes of Jon Hopkins etc)

That said, a crossover/collaboration between Coldplay and Arcade Fire could be interesting. Both bands are melodically very gifted.

This will stay a dream of mine, but there is this wonderful singer/songwriter called Vashti Bunyan who would fit perfectly either onto a slower, Parachutes-like or a psychedelic Coldplay track (think AOAL in slow).

And if they absolutely need to feature another female pop singer on one of their hits, it had better be Lana Del Rey. Vocally and melodically imho the most talented of the current big pop singers.

• Like 3

Collabs work best seemingly when it's two different artists bringing something slightly different to the table. I think that's why Coldplay pick a lot of female singers, because it complements Chris' voice. Or someone like Noel Gallagher who brings a certain style of guitar that doesn't exist in the band. Or Jay-Z who is a completely different style from the band. That's why I don't think they would ever collab with a Keane or OneRepublic because they are quite similar.

With that said, here are some collabs I would love to see (but I agree with @I ran away, the best Coldplay songs are the ones with just the band)

-John Mayer- would love to see him have a guitar solo on a Coldplay song. Will has previously admired John Mayer, if I remember correctly.

-Kanye West- A real creative/pop mastermind, plus Chris has collaborated in the past on one of Kanye's albums.

-Eddie Vedder- Chris and him have previously performed together and are both associated with Global Citizen. I think they would be an awesome collab.

-Lady Gaga- Wouldn't that be something? She is immensely talented and brings something different to the table.

-Tame Impala- Chalk this up to almost 0% chance of happening but it would fulfill my dream of true psychedelic Coldplay

-Paul McCartney- He's shown his respects to Coldplay in the past and him and Chris would be a bundle of creative energy in the studio.

-Zac Brown Band- Not a big country fan, but I like them and they are more mainstream. Would be very cool and unique

-Rex Orange County- a little lesser known but he is awesome and would make for a great Coldplay collab

• Like 3

By the way,

The fact that Keane will be back on the road for an upcoming tour is great news!

I just read somewhere that they'll be playing a few festivals this year. One called "Battle" Festival. Not sure where that is.

I always liked their music and I am properly excited whether they will release new material this year or maybe not.

• Like 1

Or someone like Noel Gallagher who brings a certain style of guitar that doesn't exist in the band. Or Jay-Z who is a completely different style from the band. That's why I don't think they would ever collab with a Keane or OneRepublic because they are quite similar.

^ ^ agreed 100%

-Paul McCartney- He's shown his respects to Coldplay in the past and him and Chris would be a bundle of creative energy in the studio.

That sounds like a real interesting collab.

I think so too, he's a great musician and has done wonderful things.

But how can you tell? Did he once say a nice thing about the band in an interview or did he compliment Coldplay on their work? I don't remember seeing him talking about Coldplay.

Can you give an example like you said he respected the band?

• Like 3

^ ^ agreed 100%

That sounds like a real interesting collab.

I think so too, he's a great musician and has done wonderful things.

But how can you tell? Did he once say a nice thing about the band in an interview or did he compliment Coldplay on their work? I don't remember seeing him talking about Coldplay.

Can you give an example like you said he respected the band?

There's a video of him talking to Coldplay backstage at the 2008 Grammy's, if I remember correctly. Same with Neil Diamond.

There's a video of him talking to Coldplay backstage at the 2008 Grammy's, if I remember correctly. Same with Neil Diamond.

I already found something (not the video)

I found this on

Coldplay rolls into town with praise from Paul McCartney

Coldplay rolls into town with a Grammy, praise from Paul McCartney

HECTOR SALDANA, San Antonio Express-News | on July 16, 2009

“He'll give you a nod and doesn't leave,” Martin said. “He called us a ‘good little band.' ”

Hey, isn't that how McCartney describes the Beatles?

“Yeah, I know,” he said.

• Like 2

While I'm not a Beatles fan (I like very few of their songs actually), a collab with Paul McCartney would be epic ! and much preferable to say, the likes of Lady Gaga (sorry @ZeroTheory, but I don't like her voice and style...although her last album Joanne was a step in the right direction)

• Like 2

While I'm not a Beatles fan (I like very few of their songs actually), a collab with Paul McCartney would be epic ! and much preferable to say, the likes of Lady Gaga (sorry @ZeroTheory, but I don't like her voice and style...although her last album Joanne was a step in the right direction)

I really preferred the older Lady Gaga style, not so much the newer stuff. Except Shallow is an excellent song.

But I can see how you can find her voice annoying. But she has an incredible voice and would be an interesting collaboration with Coldplay. Maybe something along the lines of the style of Shallow would be interesting with Coldplay.

• Like 3

Muse!

That would be very interesting. I'm not the biggest Muse fan but some of their songs are brilliant. For example: Starlight or Madness. I think Madness is their best song of all time. Chris once said this as well if I remember correctly. At least, that's the song they've used as a source of inspiration for writing Magic!

• Like 1

Radiohead

I don't like Radiohead as a band (Thom Yorke doesn't seem to be such a nice person, to Chris or anybody else...) but damn, A Moon Shaped Pool (2016) is a great album. It's the only Radiohead album I have on my phone in full, I listen to it quite often. And I have come to think its dreamy, cinematic soundscapes have influenced Coldplay's new direction on Kaleidoscope EP (Hypnotised, AICTAIY). And that's the kind of influence I'd like Coldplay to have...

• Like 2

I don't like Radiohead as a band (Thom Yorke doesn't seem to be such a nice person, to Chris or anybody else...) but damn, A Moon Shaped Pool (2016) is a great album. It's the only Radiohead album I have on my phone in full, I listen to it quite often. And I have come to think its dreamy, cinematic soundscapes have influenced Coldplay's new direction on Kaleidoscope EP (Hypnotised, AICTAIY). And that's the kind of influence I'd like Coldplay to have...
Do you really think they were influenced by this album? That's an interesting opinion. I like their latest album too. And I start to really enjoy their older music now that I discovered it. I'm grateful that Coldplay are overall good people, but to be honest I don't really care about the personality of musicians. I just listen to their music, if I like it is ok. But, I see that a collaboration with Thom Yorke wouldn't work, because of their different personalities.
  • Like 2