✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mixtape Exchange #21 [REVIEWS & TRACKLISTS]

arushofjacktothehead

Time to give this another go, after ANOTHER year hiatus.

The Coldplaying Mixtape Exchange is a fun way to discover new music while also giving you the chance to share music that you enjoy with other Coldplayers. Basically what happens is that you'll be given the name of the person who you will be making your mixtape for, and all you have to do is get together some songs that you really like, that go well together, and/or that your partner has most likely never heard before; but you must not let anyone know who you're making your mixtape for, and your partner must not know what exactly he or she is listening to - it has to be a surprise! After your partner reviews your mixtape, you will then get to reveal yourself and the tracklisting. You will of course be receiving a mixtape to review as well!

How this works?

1. Sign up saying you want to participate - leave your name on the thread

2. When the deadline for signing up is over, you'll get a PM from me giving you the name of another participant in the Exchange. You will be making a mix for this person, whoever they may be

3. You mustn't reveal who you are making the mix for, on pain of being tickled by a thousand feathers

4. Make your mix-tape (average length is around 50-70 minutes) and delete the info for each song. The person must not know what songs/artists are on the mixtape. Rather than just calling the songs 'Track 1', 'Track 2' etc you could be creative and make up fake titles.

5. Upload the mix-tape to something like MEGA.nz and send me the link and a tracklisting. I will then send it to the person assigned to you, keeping your identity a secret of course!

6. When you receive a mix-tape, listen to it, write a review and post it in this thread.

7. The person who made the mix-tape will then post the track-list and the link so everybody can download it. Simple as that.

Note: Please make sure before you sign up that you're actually going be able to follow through on this, or at least let me know before the deadline ends if you're going to be too busy to participate and you need your name taken off of the list. In past mixtape exchanges, several people never received mixtapes or reviews because their mixtaper/mixtapee never bothered to go through with it, and that's pretty inconsiderate to those who worked hard to make a mixtape and never got anything in return. Mixtape exchanges only happen a couple times a year so they're to be taken pretty seriously.

The deadline for signing up is October 20th 2019(GMT)and you will have some time to create your mixtapes in for 19th November 2019.

Here is a good guideline for deleting the song information:

The Song Information Deletion Tutorial

1. Find the tracks you plan on putting on your mixtape, and copy-and-paste them to a new folder, away from all the other stuff. You can either right-click and find "copy" and "paste," or you can use the shortcuts (Ctrl + C for copy and Ctrl + V for paste).

2. Once you've done that, go track by track, right-click, choose "Properties," and clear everything. Remember to change track numbers if you have a specific order (and almost everyone does, so...yeah). Also, it's helpful to name your album, even if it's something as simple as "mixtape." If you want, you can fill in the blank spots with fake information to add a personal touch to the mix. Once you've done all that, click OK. You'll have to do this separately with each track.

3. Move that folder into your iTunes library by clicking and dragging it into iTunes when it's open, and go through the tracks one by one and double-check everything. Typically, the one thing that usually needs to be altered if anything is the album art. In that case, just select your entire mixtape (either by going under "Edit" and choosing "Select all" or just typing your mixtape name and using Ctrl + A), right-click on it, choose "Get Info," and clear all of it using the options in that menu.

4. Compress your mixtape into a .zip or .rar, upload, and give the link to the head of the exchange. Looking forward to your involvement soon 1569157376477.gif.9ca70d9303d5dd13595bc7560061ed8f.gif

P.S: If I like your post mentioning you are participating the exchange, that means you will be on the list 1569157376627.gif.f303c55d3f466969be29fa27a860faff.gif

I'll be uploading my mixtape of mystery songs either tonight, at the weekend, or at some point next week, but it will be for everyone to listen to and review, unlike the others that you will make. It's a sequel to the previous one, titled futureworlds_002.

QUICK UPDATE ON MY MIXTAPE, FUTUREWORLDS_002:

I'll likely get mine done last, of all the tapes. I want to make sure I'm happy with everything on it, so it'll probably be finished in a month's time. Due to multiple other things, such as college work/personal work, I've not been able to get nearly as far with this tape as I expected. Just wanted to clarify.

The participants:

yoyo2000

The Jordanator

I ran away

(I apologise for the all-over-the-place nature of this year's exchange. Next year, if it does happen, I will make sure that we get more people participating, and also mixtapes passed around quicker/reviews coming in earlier).

futureworlds_002

download link: https://mega.nz/#F!P0U1UIrS!xFw9fBaOhAk1xysxWbscZQ

listen in this order:

1) *thoughts processing in a dream*

2) good morning

3) an interference in the signal

4) drinking & vibing

5) judgemental people/vault code

6) vampire masquerade

7) newfound power

8) as you stop to think...

9) the eruption

10) falling debris

11) inception

12) interception

13) hijack

14) access

15) the truth

16) outrun the collapse

17) bios corrosion

18) the shutdown

(DISCLAIMER: while I'm happy with the majority of this mixtape, there is one thing I need to note. due to the lack of space (i think?) on my laptop, some of the transitions between tracks sound slightly glitched. at some point in the future, i intend to upload a version of this mixtape with completely seamless transitions after A) i buy a new laptop (speaker's fucked, too) or B) clear space on my hard drive).

aside from that...

e n j o y

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

QUICK UPDATE ON MY MIXTAPE, FUTUREWORLDS_002:

I'll likely get mine done last, of all the tapes. I want to make sure I'm happy with everything on it, so it'll probably be finished in a month's time. Due to multiple other things, such as college work/personal work, I've not been able to get nearly as far with this tape as I expected. Just wanted to clarify.

• 1 month later...

course. if you want, i'll give you another 2 weeks or something.

hope you enjoyed London, my dude, i'm very happy you got tix for that gig in the end :)

Thanks !! Yes, enjoyed it was a dream come true. I just posted a long review in the Museum thread if you are interested !

• Like 1

[spoiler=Mixtape Review: Electric Dreams]

What is it about dreams that make them so surreal? So thrilling, so haunting, so lifelike yet so easy to forget once it’s over? In a way this was exactly what this mixtape was. Psychedelic synth beats dominate in this 16 track playlist, with some surprising acoustic additions and instrumentals interlaced within. By the end of it though it felt like I had woken up to reality and the majority of songs I couldn’t recall.

Fortunately I had noted down my initial reaction to each track:

C84A9ABE-30DC-43E4-8E60-CFE4A05098DF.thumb.jpeg.386f37518a5a759c519e307b709cdabd.jpeg

F0F8C8E9-B687-4D2C-ABE3-9237FB44E96B.thumb.jpeg.6183d02c11ea14c3d8f493fbbc3fe63f.jpeg

Favourite track: 6Running

Worst Track: 7. It Blows My Mind

Overall Rating: 5.8/10

E9F2183A-1A73-4D22-8069-5E9D4B76ED35.thumb.jpeg.ffea405114b95a9c68728396732ef7ba.jpeg

• Like 1

[spoiler=Mixtape Review: Electric Dreams]

What is it about dreams that make them so surreal? So thrilling, so haunting, so lifelike yet so easy to forget once it’s over? In a way this was exactly what this mixtape was. Psychedelic synth beats dominate in this 16 track playlist, with some surprising acoustic additions and instrumentals interlaced within. By the end of it though it felt like I had woken up to reality and the majority of songs I couldn’t recall.

Fortunately I had noted down my initial reaction to each track:

[ATTACH type=full" alt="C84A9ABE-30DC-43E4-8E60-CFE4A05098DF.jpeg]9932[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH type=full" alt="9933]9933[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="9934]9934[/ATTACH]

Favourite track: 6Running

Worst Track: 7. It Blows My Mind

Overall Rating: 5.8/10

wow you people are legit writing notes and everything...i love it

• 3 weeks later...

[spoiler=Review of "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!&quot]20200106_180201-01.thumb.jpeg.c634b9902363c6d6252c01ebc2932a24.jpeg

This is my review of the mixtape I've been given. I've tried to keep up with @The Jordanator's review style!

Orchestral instrumentals are the main theme of the mixtape. This gives the feeling of a fairytale-like journey. I would point out that tracks 7 and 8 don't really fit in with the others and that's why I don't give any bonus points. I was impressed though by the creative way you chose the tracks' titles!

20200106_180020-01.thumb.jpeg.a886517592a07a48602ff593500ffccd.jpeg

• Like 1