✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2020 Tour, Festivals, Shows

DJK

There are certainly rumours about a festival or stadium tour next year. According to some insiders they already wanted to tour festivals (in Europe) last year, but many festival organisers think Coldplay are too big for their festival (which makes sense, everyone would buy a ticket for Coldplay and the other artists on the line-up would suffer) so it never worked out. In 2020 they apparently still want to play festivals (or festival fields, think Hyde Park or TW Classic in Belgium) rather than stadiums.

• Like 1

more rumours... "a source" (that is reliable apparently) says Coldplay are playing Pinkpop festival in The Netherlands next summer.

(that's all I know and please take it with a spoonful of salt, I just read this on a Dutch festival forum)

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232175-pinkpop-2020/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-5808999

It has also been reported on efestivals today (may be the same guy), says his source was right on Fleetwood Mac and The Cure last year. And it was not refuted by Ken who's another insider.

What is interesting is that some of the biggest festivals in Europe (Pinkpop, Werchter) are quite late in announcing their first headliner. In Werchter case, some argue that it has to do with Pearl Jam tour. But Pinkpop could well be waiting for Coldplay to release EL and then announce some summer dates? I don't know, I'm just speculating.

• Like 1

more rumours... "a source" (that is reliable apparently) says Coldplay are playing Pinkpop festival in The Netherlands next summer.

(that's all I know and please take it with a spoonful of salt, I just read this on a Dutch festival forum)

:worried: :worried: :worried:

an Update from the rumour mill, and it looks like an important one: someone asked Ken on eFestivals about the chances of Coldplay playing Rock Werchter, and these are his replies:

"Yeah... there is something in the works. I think it will come together. You can compare it with summer 2009. Big difference was the setup, they used the viva la vide production for these shows. If they do a few shows this time, they will need the logistics of a festival. "

"Normally not RW. TW Classic 21st of June, and that can make Pinkpop happy too ;-).

That is the plan, but not easy."

So clearly none of this is 100% sure yet, but this looks very promising for (western) Europe.

• Like 2

an Update from the rumour mill, and it looks like an important one: someone asked Ken on eFestivals about the chances of Coldplay playing Rock Werchter, and these are his replies:

"Yeah... there is something in the works. I think it will come together. You can compare it with summer 2009. Big difference was the setup, they used the viva la vide production for these shows. If they do a few shows this time, they will need the logistics of a festival. "

"Normally not RW. TW Classic 21st of June, and that can make Pinkpop happy too ;-).

That is the plan, but not easy."

So clearly none of this is 100% sure yet, but this looks very promising for (western) Europe.

I think I read on Twitter today that these rumours have been retracted since, and no festival appearances are planned for Coldplay in 2020 ?