✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Daddy (Official Video)

danirl87

I am going to try and analyze this music video, but I need some time to think it over first.

In the meantime, do you think we’ll ever hear the music played during this countdown again?

[ATTACH type=full" alt="4333FFB4-379C-486F-B60F-E116C098DB24.jpeg]9719[/ATTACH]

That countdown is from YouTube, not from Coldplay. (The music aswell ofcourse).

• Like 3

This video, the melody and Chris's soothing voice are so beautiful and so very sad! He sings 'It's ok, it's ok, it's ok' and you feel he has to repeat the words to convince himself that everything is ok. But of course nothing is ok when a child longs for his/her father who is not there. I feel so sad for Chris here who seems to try and come to terms with the fact that he doesn't live together with his kids.

• Like 5

My goodness.... this song is brilliant and so beautiful. As an Oldplayer I really appreciate it. The lyrics really hit me, and gosh Chris' voice...... :sob::sob:

Yeah Chris' voice is incredible on this song. Damn man, I get why they're not touring, but I want to cry live along this song...

• Like 5

Alright. No words can express how this song makes me feel, but I'll try. I haven't watched the video very many times, so I apologize for any mistakes I might make. I'm writing this all from my memories of it, and I'm not sure when I'll watch it again. This is how I interpreted things:

The video starts off with a girl all on her own, with no one else in sight. She's floating in the middle of the ocean, and the only company she ever gets is from birds. There is no land, just her, the boat, and her oars. All she can do is just helplessly keep going in the hope that someone will notice and rescue her. She's been alone for so long that it doesn't even seem to bother her anymore, she just keeps rowing until something happens. As time goes on, her oars float away, and they're one of the only things she has left. Her chances of being finding land are slim to none. She finds a kite, which gives her a brief sense of hope, but then the string snaps and the kite flies away.

Eventually, she ends up in a crowded city, and she feels even more lost than before. The familiar ocean is gone now, and she has to do her best to fit in with everybody. At this point, being alone feels even better than trying and failing to fit in. She secretly wants to be with the other people, but she's too afraid of being rejected. So she just stays on her own, practically unnoticed by others who think she just wants to be left to herself.

The same familiar ocean fills her boat up with water and rips it apart. She's thrown into the ocean and begins to sink. After floating on her own for so long, she finds a whale who lifts her up from the ocean into the air. They float together, far away from the ocean below. The whale keeps supporting her, even as it begins to crumble. (I know you're hurting too, but I need you I do) The whale falls apart completely, bringing the girl down with it. things seem even worse then before, because the girl knows what the sky is like now. She falls into her boat, and floats on her own, and even the birds are gone at that point.

The screen goes dark, and just when it seems like everything is over, there's a new day. The boat finally floats onto the land she was looking for, and this time her father is there. We don't know much about him, he could be anybody. It's up to the viewer to imagine what he looks like.

This song is very confusing for me, but I still find comfort in it, despite how heartbreaking it is. I wouldn't want this song or video to be any other way.

• Like 5
  • Wow 1

This song is very confusing for me, but I still find comfort in it, despite how heartbreaking it is. I wouldn't want this song or video to be any other way.

When I first heard this song it was confusing and suprising to me as how much I felt drawn to the music (Especially because the lyrics are not their best) but I figured it's mostly because of how "naked" and vulnerable it sounds.

In my opinion this might be their best ballad of this kind ("Fly On", "Trouble", "Lost?", "Gravity", etc).

• Like 2

I lost my father earlier this year. He had dementia and Alzheimer, and the only person he recognised every time someone visited him was...me. And even being in his own "faraway" world, it seemed sure i was always there for him. And when he talked about "silly" issues, everything i told him was: daddy, it's ok...it's ok...

This song is obviously the most profound and touching from Everyday Life for me. If i had to write something to my forever gone Daddy...i wouldn't change a word!

Thanks Chris for singing myself such a marvellous and tender ballad as a tribute to my Daddy:heart:

• Wow 3

When I first heard this song it was confusing and suprising to me as how much I felt drawn to the music (Especially because the lyrics are not their best) but I figured it's mostly because of how "naked" and vulnerable it sounds.

In my opinion this might be their best ballad of this kind ("Fly On", "Trouble", "Lost?", "Gravity", etc).

I think this song reminds us that simple, heartfelt words are beautiful.

• Like 1