🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

Ok, I woke up to not only find 1, 2 but...3 posts!!! :awesome: Gary, can you be more awesome?! I don't think so! :rolleyes:

My quote of the day: greatness need not be serious. it can also be ridiculous. never be afraid to half dress your mannequin. gL

:laugh3: :laugh3: Gary is back as his usual self!!

he shines!!! Gary's a vampire!!! :shocked: (right, that's my lame joke of the day quota used up... :P)

:laugh3:

argh! you guys are killing me! i haven't found the time to watch it yet...all these pictures are like tasty teasers for me right now... :wacky:

Back to the future cap....the phone! :lol:

reindeersection20110119.jpg

(I have the same wooden-tibetain bracelets :awesome: )

g.jpg

& his post/photo of the "toy shop"...all those POLAR BEARS!!!

MY THOUGHT EXACTLY!!!! I posted it on Virginie's wall too :lol:

is it? He replied in which post? because i can't find it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

He replied by the second post 'of course it's a moose'. At the end of the post, he said thx to the person who pointed it in the comments below his first pic. SO this means he READS COMMENTS!! (or at least the first ones! Just like Guy used to.... T.T) This thought makes me want to join tumblr but thinking of it, with the timezone thing, I'm always 8 or 9 hours late, so NO chances at all he would:

a) read my comment

b) respond to it

So I'll just keep reading only.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i finally found out which post Gary replied.

PHLOXTROT- Looks like an antique shop, I think. And I may be mistaken but I believe the jumpered sheep is actually a moose? Note he has shoes, as well. Curious! And a bit eerie, this post, when I’ve just had Beatrix Potter on my mind.

Gary replied:

Of COURSE it’s a moose

all this time i’ve been looking at that picture and not seen the horns. ha. i feel foolish. and not for the first time in my life either. i needed to be told though so thank you PHLOXTROT.gL

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::P

Ok, i finally found out which post Gary replied.

PHLOXTROT- Looks like an antique shop, I think. And I may be mistaken but I believe the jumpered sheep is actually a moose? Note he has shoes, as well. Curious! And a bit eerie, this post, when I’ve just had Beatrix Potter on my mind.

Gary replied:

Of COURSE it’s a moose

all this time i’ve been looking at that picture and not seen the horns. ha. i feel foolish. and not for the first time in my life either. i needed to be told though so thank you PHLOXTROT.gL

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::P

I think we found out at the same time :lol: (see edited post above)

VINTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!! Found on the TTB, music videos from Songs for Polarbears of: Little Hide, Velocity Girl and 100 things you should have done in bed!!! I've only seen bits of the 1rst one and the last, but I didn't even know there was a music vid for Velocity girl!!

Little hide

Velocity girl

100 things you should have done in bed

They look like babies :blush: Gary looks really stoned in Little hide XD (and I still want to slap Mark in the face :shame: )

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 3 tumblr post and.....A BLOG ONE!!!! :awesome:

I really love the sunset picture, it's beautiful! (and it's funny to see he's still afraid of sharks....XD)

The blog, rather short one:

tumble and fall

yes i have a tumblr page. yes it is mostly nonsense but it will have the odd picture (they're all odd pictures gary) of the recording process when i'm not taking pictures of bumble bees and my own shoes. come join me in the madness it would only be splendiferous to see y'all there if you're not already. there will also be the odd pearl of wisdom too. for the most part however it will be, yes you guessed it, nonsense.

wanted to be able to communicate with you guys a lot more and let you into the process this time more than we have done in the past and i realise i've not been posting up here very often. sorry but i've had some word trouble this last few months and any writing at all was failing. epic failering. anyway there will be less of these posts but there will be tumblr pics and words every day at least. whilst we're in the studio anyway.

anyway, nathan is 30 today and we are all off to celebrate the only way we know how. so we're all off to knit hats and make jam.

much love and may the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better.

garyL.x

He must have been writen this and not posted it cause Nathan's birthday was a few weeks ago... :thinking: and cI love his code name for drinking and partying...'knit hats and make jam'... :rolleyes: :lol:

But more seriously, his writing blocage is starting to freak me a little....Him too I guess (see the title of the blog, "tumbl and FALL"... :/ ) that's probably why he's posting so much thing unrelated to the record...to get his mind out of it and find a way to relax about it to then be inspire again....? But I really wonder what's up with him :confused: Surely it can't be because of not writing about himself...He's done it brilliantly with the RS and TP in the past, so what change this time?!! (I know, you will all say 'a break up' :lol: )

COME ON G!!! *send vibes*

And I love his new love greetings.....

may the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better

:laugh3: Hop, in sig!

The blog, rather short one:

He must have been writen this and not posted it cause Nathan's birthday was a few weeks ago... :thinking: and cI love his code name for drinking and partying...'knit hats and make jam'... :rolleyes: :lol:

But more seriously, his writing blocage is starting to freak me a little....Him too I guess (see the title of the blog, "tumbl and FALL"... :/ ) that's probably why he's posting so much thing unrelated to the record...to get his mind out of it and find a way to relax about it to then be inspire again....? But I really wonder what's up with him :confused: Surely it can't be because of not writing about himself...He's done it brilliantly with the RS and TP in the past, so what change this time?!! (I know, you will all say 'a break up' :lol: )

Didn't notice the blog until i saw your post! :lol::lol:

Oh yes, the sunset picture is absolutely beautiful. I think i failed many times to capture this kind of picture. :laugh3:s

may the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better~ So sweet!! :heart:

I gotta say my Friday is PERFECT!! :D

and We just have to stick with him, have a little faith to him. he can overcome it, right Gary? :)

and We just have to stick with him, have a little faith to him. he can overcome it, right Gary? :)

May the koala of tenderness hug him til it's all better :rolleyes:

oh, i HAD to post this! Thx to Kimmi :P She's posted the follow pic with the legend...

Polar bear having a hang over

1030-hangover.jpg

:laugh3: I *think* it's what gL might have look like after Nathan's birthday! :lol:

Nice to have some words from him! :)

Aww :wacky: I don't know which one I prefer, the penguin of happiness or the koala of tenderness! Love it :lol:

(and it's funny to see he's still afraid of sharks....XD)

I'll quote an "AOL" interview he did with Nathan where he said "there's too many things that can kill you at the beach" :P

Oh yes, the sunset picture is absolutely beautiful.

It IS hauntingly beautiful, indeed!

oh, i HAD to post this! Thx to Kimmi :P She's posted the follow pic with the legend...

1030-hangover.jpg

:laugh3: I *think* it's what gL might have look like after Nathan's birthday! :lol:

Perfect way to begin the day, this picture will always make me laugh! :D

this is my new favorite quote of Gary :lol:

the second one is with penguin :lol: only gary can come up with such cute phrases xD

1030-hangover.jpg

thank you for making my shitty day so much better. :cheesy:

i should not have been drinking coffee when i saw this picture...

May the koala of tenderness hug him til it's all better :rolleyes:

1030-hangover.jpg

OMG, i just can't stop laughing when i saw that picture!!!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Perfect way to begin the day, this picture will always make me laugh! :D

OMG, i just can't stop laughing when i saw that picture!!!:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

:D you're welcome but thanks Kimi who send it to Virginie, who send it to me :lol: Kimi was afraid it was too 'out of topic' here....but see, perfectly fitting!!! :D (/typing AND still laughing)

^Hi and welcome! :)

about the blog: I'm glad to see it up. But did you guys happen to check out the "Gary's On Tumblr" thread on the SP board? I read just a few posts and I thought it was quite harsh. It seems to me his fans would be happy to see him communicating anywhere, but so many of them seemed pissed. Gary's blog entry from yesterday seemed a little defensive, and I wonder if it wasn't maybe due in part to that. :( I personally love the tumblr page, and was extra happy to see the blog. :)

about the blog: I'm glad to see it up. But did you guys happen to check out the "Gary's On Tumblr" thread on the SP board? I read just a few posts and I thought it was quite harsh. It seems to me his fans would be happy to see him communicating anywhere, but so many of them seemed pissed. Gary's blog entry from yesterday seemed a little defensive, and I wonder if it wasn't maybe due in part to that. :(

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one noticing this. I HATE the SP forum... I'm not on it since you can read it without inscription but I find the people there pretty desagreable :confused: They often snaps (?) people who have questions, not to mention how harsh they are often on the Lightbody... I mean the man has his fault like everybody but he don't deserves certain comments..

I personally love the tumblr page, and was extra happy to see the blog. :)

+10000000 I LOVE IT!! It's an awesome way of having access to a part of what is on his mind, what's move him, what he is thinking...it's pretty personnal! I'm really happy he's willing to share that with fans! Of course, I would be happy to have news on the album, but his tumblr helps us to 'know' him better as a person and I think it's great :cool: It's making him 'closer' to us... I've already said it but I admire the musician in him as much as the person and this tumblr is a true gift! THANKS gL :kiss: Don't listen to the people ranting!

And we were wondering earlier about the meaning of his tumblr title 'I can hover'...saw sthg on TTB making a link with this vid we all know.... :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=En6rF6EdBvo]YouTube - Gary Lightbody's Hovercraft Centre[/ame]

Do you think he could have seen it ??? :laugh3:

I really love the sunset picture, it's beautiful! (and it's funny to see he's still afraid of sharks....XD)

aye...& this time i woke up to be greeted by his 3 new Tumblr posts! i was like this :D practically all day long! :wacky:

i was thinking that too, but then things wouldn't really add up logically, imo.

for one thing, Nathan's birthday (based on the Wikipedia entry about him...cos i actually don't remember/know when their birthdays are...i blame my bad memory) is about 1wk before Gary's 1st Tumblr post & the announcement on SP.com. & Gary seemed to be in London still at the time. between Wikipedia & Gary, i'd trust Gary to know best when exactly his beloved Nathan's birthday really is. :thinking:

...unless this is all a ploy by Gary/SP/Universal to completely confuse us about when Nathan's birthday really is. :P

may the koala of tenderness hug you til it's all better~ So sweet!! :heart:

I gotta say my Friday is PERFECT!! :D

i saw your FB status with that quote when i woke up (after i saw his Tumblr posts... :wacky: ) & i was wondering where'd that come from...then i saw Aurelie's tweet...so i finally went to look for the blog post! made my Friday too! :D

oh...& that comment he made about only sharpening the image a bit. i take that to mean that Gary knows how to use Photoshop...& is a bit of a photography geek himself. :wink3:

I have their first I think, or second and second or third album. XD hihihihihi. I love them too.

'ello...welcome to CPing.com & the SP thread! :)

(don't mind me & my smiling around...today's been a good day for me. aside from the avalanche of Gary-ness online.)

about the blog: I'm glad to see it up. But did you guys happen to check out the "Gary's On Tumblr" thread on the SP board? I read just a few posts and I thought it was quite harsh. It seems to me his fans would be happy to see him communicating anywhere, but so many of them seemed pissed. Gary's blog entry from yesterday seemed a little defensive, and I wonder if it wasn't maybe due in part to that. :( I personally love the tumblr page, and was extra happy to see the blog. :)

i didn't see that thread...don't really know anyone there anyway, aside from Sam - but i got to know her from TTB's SP book project first. & Ying's on my FB & also in here now. so hardly check in there & that board seems to be quite a closed community of those who've been around for a while or knew each other from "the old board" anyway.

i personally think the Tumblr thing's great since it seems that he doesn't have the time to be sitting down to write a proper blog yet is making an effort to let the fans know what's going on in his life. even if (rightfully) restricted to just SP stuff.

anywayzzz.........just glanced through that thread & i agree with you, Jen...harsh stuff. it just brings to my mind what happened with that crazy French woman (sorry Aurelie & Virginie) after the TP gig. he's not obligated to blog regularly in such a personal manner as he tends to do. he's only writing obligation is to Q Magazine for the monthly track recommendations column, as far as i'm concerned.

plus, let's face it, he's a "musician" occupationally & not a "writer/reviewer/journalist" anyway. i'd be more worried about why he's unable to write songs than his lack of blog posts...as much as i love his adorkable wit & nonsense & "pearls of wisdom" involving penguins of happiness & koalas of tenderness. :wacky:

having said that, i think his problem (& Chris' too :P) is that he's trying too hard to come up with a masterpiece of an album for some reason. perhaps pressure from the record label or just his own competitiveness*. quit trying too hard, Gary! just have faith in whatever in the world it is that comes to that beautiful mind of yours...even if it's just thoughts of penguins & koalas. & a fear of sharks. :P

* my theory on what might have set off his competitiveness to want to come up with a masterpiece for this upcoming album:

a number of bands he loves came out with albums that went down well with music critics & the mainstream audience too (for some) last year - The National, Biffy Clyro, Frightened Rabbit, LCD Soundsystem.

this is my new favorite quote of Gary :lol:

the second one is with penguin :lol: only gary can come up with such cute phrases xD

thank you for making my shitty day so much better. :cheesy:

*lol* great to see you're all loving that hungover polar bear photo... :laugh3:

btw, muzika, funny you should mention coffee! cos that's how i stumbled on that photo! it's from an article about how scientists have proven that coffee + aspirin is the ultimate hangover cure

looks like he's really keeping to his "there will be tumblr pics and words every day at least" promise...another post/pic! & it's my fave type of scenery - SNOW COVERED!!! & it's from near his house too!!! :D

tumblr_lfebpoHsx11qgp2dfo1_500.jpg

& he's saying he's having writer's block lately??? can't imagine what beautiful words he'd come up with when he's NOT having writer's block!!! :wacky:

[...] we are all made of the same dust of ancient life. we are the atoms of our forefathers.

so here is a dove if you want it. or a gull if you don’t. i want the dove. and i want you all to have it. nothing but peace and a gentle mind i wish you all.gL

I don't understand, what so strange for Gary joins tumblr? I mean, John Mayer has tumblr too aside from his website, right? Have no idea why some people are so harsh to him, he is just a normal human, give him a break! Absolutely love his tumblr, it keeps me occupied and cheer my boring work day up, definitely:lol::lol:

Besides, never really check out the website very often after i knew Kimmi from there. :dozey:

looks like he's really keeping to his "there will be tumblr pics and words every day at least" promise...another post/pic! & it's my fave type of scenery - SNOW COVERED!!! & it's from near his house too!!! :D

tumblr_lfebpoHsx11qgp2dfo1_500.jpg

& he's saying he's having writer's block lately??? can't imagine what beautiful words he'd come up with when he's NOT having writer's block!!! :wacky:

His tumblr made me feel closer to him! Beautiful written the above sentences, seriously!! :shocked2::shocked2:

And waking up again with 2 Lightbody posts....How I LOVE that! :awesome: Love the polar bear reference on the frozen river one:

the cold commands ‘slow down’. everything is still and at peace. unless you’re a polar bear. very few of those in the north of ireland though.

(but that's not true G, there are polar bears in Ireland....even 5 of them :D )

anywayzzz.........just glanced through that thread & i agree with you, Jen...harsh stuff. it just brings to my mind what happened with that crazy French woman (sorry Aurelie & Virginie) after the TP gig. he's not obligated to blog regularly in such a personal manner as he tends to do. he's only writing obligation is to Q Magazine for the monthly track recommendations column, as far as i'm concerned.

+100000

As for the crazy french woman, she's on the board and ranting....how strange.... :dozey:

having said that, i think his problem (& Chris' too :P) is that he's trying too hard to come up with a masterpiece of an album for some reason. perhaps pressure from the record label or just his own competitiveness*. quit trying too hard, Gary! just have faith in whatever in the world it is that comes to that beautiful mind of yours...even if it's just thoughts of penguins & koalas. & a fear of sharks. :P

+1000000000000000000000

I think too he's trying too hard! He came up with great stuff when he's not overthinking (see TRS and TP)! So breathe and let it go gL!! Reading about his block really make me feel sorry for him...he was so optimistic before they start the recording, saying he was inspired and coming up with great stuff and now...BLOCKED... He sound so bumped, I want to give him a big hug! Call Peter Gary and get on the right track again... :cool:

* my theory on what might have set off his competitiveness to want to come up with a masterpiece for this upcoming album:

a number of bands he loves came out with albums that went down well with music critics & the mainstream audience too (for some) last year - The National, Biffy Clyro, Frightened Rabbit, LCD Soundsystem.

+1

---edit---------------

pics of the Lightbody's DJ set at the Stiff Kitten at christmas are on the main page of TTB :) Is it me or the boy is a little tanned :heart:

I've been out for a while and I come back and there are few of his posts on tumblr. And I don't know whats up with him and his block but this part

the cold commands ‘slow down’. everything is still and at peace.
kind of sounds to be like a good lyric. Maybe he is getting better and not even realizing. :D I hope!

Did I ever say I love waking up with a new gL's post?!! :rolleyes: Today's one cracked me up:

little biplane - santa monica - yesterday

this guy was looping the loop and such and what for a good few hours yesterday. showing off is what it was although it impressed little old me. i’d need to be fed a special BA Baracas burger before you got me in that thing though. sea for sharks, sky for birds and pterodactyls and stuff, ground for lions, tigers and what not…damn it! is there nowhere i can go? today i have hammered rickety pieces of a smashed up table against the front door and i’m not coming out until things calm down… wait, there’s a pretty big spider in the bath, double damn it!

I think it's not today we'll see Gary featuring in "Man vs Wild"....:lol: (dunno if you know this show but the guy actually scares me XD http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/man-vs-wild/ Look at the first vid, he's drinking his own pee...and the other day he was feeding off a dead goat and took off its skin for making a blanket...sick!)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one noticing this. I HATE the SP forum... I'm not on it since you can read it without inscription but I find the people there pretty desagreable :confused: They often snaps (?) people who have questions, not to mention how harsh they are often on the Lightbody... I mean the man has his fault like everybody but he don't deserves certain comments..

+10000000 I LOVE IT!! It's an awesome way of having access to a part of what is on his mind, what's move him, what he is thinking...it's pretty personnal! I'm really happy he's willing to share that with fans! Of course, I would be happy to have news on the album, but his tumblr helps us to 'know' him better as a person and I think it's great :cool: It's making him 'closer' to us... I've already said it but I admire the musician in him as much as the person and this tumblr is a true gift! THANKS gL :kiss: Don't listen to the people ranting!

I agree completely. I've always found his writing to be quite beautiful and interesting... he has a way with words, both lyrically, and just in articles and blog entries.

i didn't see that thread...don't really know anyone there anyway, aside from Sam - but i got to know her from TTB's SP book project first. & Ying's on my FB & also in here now. so hardly check in there & that board seems to be quite a closed community of those who've been around for a while or knew each other from "the old board" anyway.

i personally think the Tumblr thing's great since it seems that he doesn't have the time to be sitting down to write a proper blog yet is making an effort to let the fans know what's going on in his life. even if (rightfully) restricted to just SP stuff.

plus, let's face it, he's a "musician" occupationally & not a "writer/reviewer/journalist" anyway. i'd be more worried about why he's unable to write songs than his lack of blog posts...as much as i love his adorkable wit & nonsense & "pearls of wisdom" involving penguins of happiness & koalas of tenderness. :wacky:

Yeah, again, I completely agree about the SP forum. We have a few disagreeable people here, but the SP forum seems to be overrun with them. It seems like they're all trying to out "best fan" each other. They're not very welcoming to "new" fans.

And yes, Kimmi, I think you're probably right about the pressure to produce something that's loved by both fans and critics. I agree that they (both Gary and Chris) should relax and just do what they do, but I think that pressure must be almost incapacitating at times!

I've been out for a while and I come back and there are few of his posts on tumblr. And I don't know whats up with him and his block but this part kind of sounds to be like a good lyric. Maybe he is getting better and not even realizing. :D I hope!

I thought so, too! :)

waking up and...NO post... :cry: (already greedy...XD)

I already told you that someone has posted pics of gL's DJ set at Christmas, here the account of the night by the guy who took the pictures.

I was lucky enough to meet him in the VIP section avoiding the hardcore clubber people but could only get a couple of photos with him cause he had to grab a drink before he started the set. Hes got great taste in music, perfect for confusing the ones who thought he'd just be playing dance music! they didnt have a clue what the arcade fire song was. The club wasnt overly packed either like it used to be, which was good, just fun to have something a bit different in a club on a night out!

(...)

It was a bit strange for a dj set because basically as soon as he started, about half the girls in the club just piled up to the barriers to gaze at him, not really dancing, just listening to the music, so lots of room for my wee group to dance around like eejits!

(...)

From what I can remember... he definitely had Arcade Fire - We used to wait. He had some Daft Punk remix of One more time. Cee lo green - F*** you. I think there was some two door cinema club and some general fiasco as well. I cant remember the exact song, but he put on some cheesy 90s pop song, to which a lot of people just stopped and stared at him, resulting in an instant switch into Major lazer - pon de floor. All the stuff he did at the start was very indie and rock, so the clubbers didnt like it, but later on he had more dance stuff! Soz thats all I can recall!

(...)

The faces on the two security guards in green santa hats were priceless when the girls just randomly charged foward. It was like "Awwwww hell nooooooo!" Gary was just like, "behaaaaave" and they all calmed down.

:lol: I can totally imagine the fangirls gazing at him and then charging...XD (and he thinks that Nathan is a heartbreaker in the band...lol)

As for the set, sounds pretty nice!! Come on gL, come DJ near one of us!!!

--edit-------------------

ok, I shut up. The Lightbody must have hear me, he just posted pics of beautiful sunset in Santa Monica with the following text:

santa monica - tonight

no words. finally.

gL

:bomb: