Top Posters In This Topic

New post!!! Beautiful sea pic! I love what he said:

Β 

Β 

:laugh3:

Β 

and...

Β 

more power to this guy. fitter than i. freer than i. more in tune with nature than i. smarter than i though? well, he’s out in shark infested waters for three hours with nothing to power him but well, him. i’m indoors playing guitars and eating cakes.

Β 

:laugh3:

Β 

Gary, please never change!

Β 

one of the best posts to wake up to on a weekend...especially just for that quote & the monkey see, monkey do one. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Our Lightbody has been sick :( Hence the tumblr silence...

Β 

the last week

Β 

been sick so i’ve not been taking pictures nor have i been in the studio. we also have this week off so no action shots this week neither. will be back up to full power on all fronts next week. i have pictures in reserve but they are mostly of sunsets. i did say there would be no more. might put them up anyway tomorrow. hope you are all very well.

Β 

watching the west wing (as i like to do often, especially when poorly) president jed bartlett referred to the better angels of our nature. it’s a quote from abe lincoln that is as apt today in these days of revolution and awakening as it was in his first inaugural address in 1861 when referring to the north/south divide and impeding civil war in the continental USA:

Β 

β€œWe are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.”

Β 

amen to that.gL.x

Β 

I thought that they were busy working but reading this led me to a little "oooooh pooor thiiiiing' sigh... Hope he's better and ready to post sunsets again XD

Β 

Β 

Found this on tumblr and it's just so true

Β 

tumblrlgz1m9qwbq1qdsjcv.jpg

Β 

Β 

XDD

The Lightbody is back with Garrett and... Cookie :lol: I can't wait to see the pics "in action"!! Come gL, POST!!! :bomb:

Β 

Β 

---edit---------

Β 

There will be a musical episode of Grey's Anatomy and the cast will sing "cult song" that been on the show. Of course, Chasing cars will be heard! Details here:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-02-first-look-greys-anatomy-musical-episode

Β 

Can't wait! :dance: wonder who will sing it...maybe Meredith and Derek...after all, this song is associated to their scene (and since Lizzie is not here anymore...)

NEW POST, NEW SONG!!!!!!!!!!! Weird title 'the garden rules'... :inquisitive:

Β 

But I like the sound of this:

Β 

been doing the vocals a lot more freely this time. am just singing it two or three times and picking the best take. no messing about with it. before i would sing for hours and days and go mad. this way it’s pretty much a live take. the way i did it on the tired pony record. no double tracking this album either which we used to do on snow patrol records a lot. scary. i used to hide behind the double track. nowhere to hide this time. bare and bold.

Β 

:awesome: I like the sound of this!

I think it might be something with bees and wasps and other flies. :P

:lol: and the lyrics could go...(on 'Make this go on forever melody')

Β 

Please don't sting me in this gaaaarden...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

we're nuts :facepalm:

:lol: and the lyrics could go...(on 'Make this go on forever melody')

Β 

Please don't sting me in this gaaaarden...

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

we're nuts :facepalm:

Β 

Okay I have a pervy mind. Dont even want to say what I just thought. :blush:

Hi there, it's been a while!

& it's so nice to have some picsfrom the studio! Glad the boys are working hard, and that G's difficulties seem to be over :smug:

Β 

A little sneak peak of Grey's Anatomy musical episode with Callie singing Chasing cars:

http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-10-greys-anatomy-music-event-promo

Β 

:dozey: she has a nice voice but it's too cheesy... Seems like they try too much to make it sound emotionnal when in fact, what you need is just a guitar and the Lightbody... :rolleyes:

Β 

I raelly can't wait to see this! But I may be a little biased since I'm totally addicted to that show! But I'd understand if people who don't wxatch the show find it cheesy... for my part, I think it's totally logical for them to use Chasing Cars! It's one of the songs that really made an impression on the viewers mind as it was used during one of the most emotional scenes of the show (Dennis' death). I don't think they're trying to copy the emotions from the band's interpretation of it, since from the preview of it, it'll be sing during a very dramatic scene, it's just to match the intensity of it.

For those who usually don't watch it, my advice is to "forget" that it's a SP song (impossible I know :p), and I think it's gonna be fun to watch ;-)

Β 

Btw, any other fan here? or am I the only desperate case? :lol:

I stick on my cheesy interpretation from Callie AND I'm a Grey's fan (yeah, still watching despite the storylines getting more and more WTF?!). I discover SP with GA so I'll be always grateful! :smug:

I saw the little behind the scene sequences, they'll the Fray song too (Bailey rocks). I think this epi will be a nice tribute to the bands' music. GA is one of the first show I've watched that used music so well and that picked up 'indie' or unknown bands. Nice!

Β 

Btw, is it this week epi??? I'm totally lost with the 2 weeks (or more) break they did from time to time..