🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LOVE "My Brothers" :D. I'm not the biggest fan of COITD, but I don't dislike it, either. "Fallen Empires" will have to grow on me, I think, but I can sense that it will (even though I agree with the comments earlier that it doesn't seem to go anywhere and is more like a long intro to something that never comes). "I'm Ready" is good too, but so far "My Brothers" is definitely my favorite of them all :wacky:.

hmmm...can anyone confirm if the EP's already available on iTunes? been told that the person's YT uploads are not leaks cos it's already available on iTunes & the pitch was apparently changed to circumvent the copyright. but i've just looked in iTunes UK & it's still locked as "Pre-Order". is it available on some other country's iTunes Store already? :\

"My Brothers" is really lovely. "I'm Ready" is nice and all but has more of a B-side quality. Won't be upset if it only remains on the EP.

I'm actually now envisioning "Fallen Empires" opening Snow Patrol gigs, with the entire song being played in pitch black, and it could be really awesome.

My brothers is definitively a favorite but I fear it's a track of the OST of "My brothers" that Gary scored with Jackniff. "I'm ready" is really lovely too. Geez, on the 4 tracks released, I love them all!

The Patrol is back bitches:!

Ive been listening to all four songs last hour and if I had to put the in the order of how much I like them form most to least it would be:

"My brothers"

than a tie between "I'm ready" and "Fallen Empires"

and "Called out in the dark"

Really looking forward to this album! Slightly less scared for this one than Mylo!

Friend has informed me that SP is opening for themselves with an acoustic set, so a standard set will follow presumably. And apparently they covered "Last Friday Night" just for laughs.

EDIT: And just like that, SP posted it on their Facebook. HAHA I BEAT YOU TO IT.

My friend recorded it:

She should have some further uploads coming! :)

i swear, that song is now firmly stuck in my head! the original was catchy enough, but after last night...TGIF! TGIF! (wait, Gary...isn't it a Monday night?! :inquisitive: :P)

along with a craving for Horlicks...but then, the weather in London right now is so horlicks, i could totally justify a horlicks. :P

it was loads of fun & a thoroughly memorable night with friends (Virginie, you are a life saver & the true queue hero! here's to another SP gig with all the Polar Teddies...or as many as the lads can muster over to London in the winter! ;) )...even though we were split up all over the stalls! hands down best gig for me this year so far! :D

Gary was on top banter form & he had a big giant smile on his face throughout the night, especially when the crowd pretty much sang the entire Run for him, which he'd incidentally intro-ed as the song that first brought them to the Shepherd's Bush Empire all those years ago. Pablo was also visibly all smiles, along with Tom in his wee corner.

the new material...it's good stuff, i can tell you that. feel that it'll be their High Violet. not quite Joshua Tree, but i think it could be their 2nd coming creatively after Final Straw.

i loved The Weight Of Love most & felt it had a bit of a Springsteen/Americana feel to it. but all the others were beautiful pieces & i think it's fairly safe to say amongst us CPers there, we're all eagerly awaiting the new album in Nov after last night!

Fallen Empires = EPIC LIVE!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: ...Nathan & Pablo were going all ape shite on stage playing the riffs! but it was a post-encore closer rather than an opener...which still worked, imo :cool: Called Out In The Dark live = hard to resist the urge to bust a move & even Gary seemed to almost bust out a move at one point ...tho the crowd could've jumped around a wee bit more to the tunes, in general. :P

& i get to keep a nice electric blue Snow Patrol wristband (i.e. my ticket)...along with the bloody expensive t-shirt for the event - my boss was taking the piss out of me about it today cos he saw my tweet about it...he thought i'd wear it to work! haha

pix to follow...Virginie was the videographer of the night. i just concentrated on photos mainly. also, we saw heavy signs that the gig was being recorded last night...so hopefully all that effort makes it to a long overdue live DVD. seriously, lads! still waiting on that Reworked Tour live DVD... :inquisitive:

edit. I just realized that ^ is a review. Glad you had that much fun. Looking the pics and vids it seems they were having fun too and all smiley. :D :D :D :D

I just saw that video on tumblr. and it made my year! :P Its soooo cute. And we he says "then we had ménage à trois" I die! :laugh3:

also, we saw heavy signs that the gig was being recorded last night...so hopefully all that effort makes it to a long overdue live DVD. seriously, lads! still waiting on that Reworked Tour live DVD... :inquisitive:

I think it'll be like it was on the CD/DVD version of AHMS and it'll be on the DVD version of it and a few other bonus stuff too. I think though we'll get one from the Fallen Empires tour though (maybe at Wembley, The Aviva Stadium in Dublin or back at Ward Park?)

By the way what was Open Your Eyes like? That was the biggest and only disappointment for me that it was left out on the Reworked tour.

i swear, that song is now firmly stuck in my head! the original was catchy enough, but after last night...TGIF! TGIF! (wait, Gary...isn't it a Monday night?! :inquisitive: :P)

along with a craving for Horlicks...but then, the weather in London right now is so horlicks, i could totally justify a horlicks. :P

That vid is PRICELESS!! I love the shout out for SClub7 :laugh3: I'm not a KP fan but I heard this song all the time during the summer in the US, so it brings back good memories. Having gL bantering on it, it's just :rolleyes: :D

Gary was on top banter form & he had a big giant smile on his face throughout the night, especially when the crowd pretty much sang the entire Run for him,

Saw the Run vid on YT, it gave me shivers! The crowd is totally mindblowing! :bomb: best version of Run so far for me hands down!

we saw heavy signs that the gig was being recorded last night...so hopefully all that effort makes it to a long overdue live DVD. seriously, lads! still waiting on that Reworked Tour live DVD... :inquisitive:

I think so too ->

I think it'll be like it was on the CD/DVD version of AHMS and it'll be on the DVD version of it and a few other bonus stuff too.

It will probably bonus on the deluxe edition of the album...maybe not the entire set but bits of it.