✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who can speak German...

Here you are able to read a nice interview with Nathan at www.laut.de ;)

http://www.laut.de/vorlaut/feature/01847/index.htm

He's talking about the new songs of their new album, touring through the United States, having a breakdown in Berlin on tour with U2 in front of the audience and working together with Martha Wainwright. ;)

• Like 1

I am so excited to see them!!!!!!! I think this concert just may make my year!!! haha yeah i know im a dork its cool!!!!! lol

Ok so i got a brillant idea to trnalsate the website larry gave us!!! this is the Nathan Interview!!!! I shall post it for you all to read!!!!!

Live one 8 was rather nerve-racking"

Before the exclusive concert in the club Snow Patrol guitarist Nathan Connolly time for our questions took itself Cologne prime. The new album of the British, "Eyes open", appears to 28. April.

Of Vicky But

Interview partner Nathan (left).

When we enter the bus, Nathan apologizes politely for the disorder - they are together-squatted and would have drunk still somewhat here yesterday. Contrary to the overflowing garbage bags in the bus the guitarist of Snow Patrol looks up very cleared up.

You took up your new plate at a quite special place. Whose was idea that?

That was Johnnys idea. Our Drummer lives in the south of Ireland. We wrote and took up, however the album mainly to Ireland in two different locations. We were six weeks - of at the end of of February until March 2005 - in this small house, which does not stand 100 yards far away from the cliffs at the Atlantic. That was a rather inspiring place, in order to write an album. Subsequently, we went a few months on route, then we took up the album in the middle to Ireland. That was also a great place. We had super a time, while the album developed. That had something special. We came us as volume more near and became also more self-assured. Our time on the peninsula Dingle was just as important for the Songwriting as for us as volume. Simply times longer time together its, without somebody is permanent around us rum. That folded well, what the most important is actually!

Had their already Songideen, when you arrived, or the Songs everything developed there?

We had few, but we wrote most there. It was really great. Only we five in this house. However it was there condemned cold.

In your press Sheet it stands that you become calmer for this album most wanting and something distance from to win the most wanting, what happened in such a way in the last years. But from this one could have drawn nevertheless also inspirations for the new album?

Yes, we did not want to make the plate calm. It should become rather more largely, more daringly, better - which also folded. It passed simply so much, we was the last two and a half years on route. We do not want to forget that completely, because naturally there were moments inspiring there. But the reason, why we wanted to get away somewhat from it, was that we had to again learn, how we write together Songs. Because we had written no more for two years. It concerned to us simply to get our heads for the moment freely to forget all this completely. So that we write and times which other one think could. That were already two very hectic years.

Thus don't you write Songs, while it on route are?

No, we can do that not really. Other volume make that, that is super, but we must squat for one while in peace together, before we can write Songs. On route you have always Promo, sound check and so on. We must away-close together, if we want to write Songs.

I saw you in Berlin, as vorgruppe of U2. What happened there? You could not suddenly further-play!

I believe, which Amps of someone do not have suddenly any longer functioned.

A terrible moment, if one before 70.and no more stands for 000 humans to further-play cannot, or?

Yes, laughs shift, that was it. Because there one cannot make anything, one must simply wait, until it is repaired. But you may have also no fear, you must simply continue. It is already a terrible moment. Above all, if you before 70.stand for 000 people. But it was super a time, the eight shows, which we played with U2. One cared for and treated us top. At the conclusion it counts only that you supportet U2. That is fantastisch, all the same which happens. That is definitely a highlight in our past volume history!

On route with U2 and in America

You participated also in the new edition of Live one 8. The emperors Chiefs meant thereafter, they would have had the impression that it concerned to some participants thereby more around the Promo than the good thing. You this attitude also noticed?

Not really. There it concerned with none the Ego. Everyone knew, for which it was there. Naturally we had nevertheless fun and a great day. I do not think that there somebody was thereby which wanted to present itself. I cannot remember any longer, how we were on the stage. Because I was not close or so. Everything fast and that was so an enormous quantity of people went in such a way, seemed all to be no longer real. That was rather nerve-racking. We were genuinly correctly nervous. But we had a mad day for a fantastischen purpose. We did not hesitate a moment to assure. Between all this volume - which to the devil we do there? Yes, then for us felt.

PHOTO GALLERY

A per pos live shows: What is more exciting - in America or Europe to routes?

It is rather different, we already rather often was in America, therefore we are pleased again and again to come there back. But we are already excited to times really play in Europe. We do not have that yet so often, as we wanted actually. We want to play simply more Gigs, also in Asia and Australia. We want to sell and then try everywhere more plates to come into as many countries as possible. Europe is closer at our homeland, therefore is to us much because of the heart. I think, we here simply yet so much did not play, because we spent so much time in America. If America calls, you run naturally.

How largely are you in America?

We are not now enormous, we have there approx.. 500.000 plates sells. That is greatly, unbelievable. It is simply great to play there over there because many of our earliest influences come there, Nirvana and so. America is simply so enormous that one must there very much routes.

Your America route with the bus for it made?

Yes, you can imagine thus that we really which from America saw. 2004 five times there were we, the longest route took two months. So for a long time you need, in order to come with the bus into each Eckchen from America to. Greatly there but it is!

But did not see nevertheless so much of America to her, or nevertheless?

No, one discovers most then nevertheless by the windows of the bus. But it always depends on it, in some cities had we a day off. Then one can rumlaufen and explore the city. Sometimes but it remains evenly with the Venue.

In which cities, in which it wait, you thought: "there I must absolutely still times"?

Austin, Texas was fantastisch: We had there a great time, it me a little on at home reminded. Also Berlin was super, because there are so many historicalpregnant places there.

A new voice

The remainder of Snow Patrol.

In order to come on your album back: You times said that with each album a new territory want to enter it. What thus is the new area, which opens it with this album?

You want to make it ever better. That is clear. Each album must become better than the latter. We became better Songwriter. That is probably the new territory: We became better in what we do. We are more self-confident with what we make. We became simply better. laughs. That is so simple. I thought the photographs at the beginning, became many more difficult, than they were it in the final result. Because we pressurized ourselves, but otherwise that has actually nobody, also not the disk company. It made rather much fun to take up the album.

You work now already quite a while with the same producer, as much influence have it on the Songs.

It has already a completely beautiful influence. He co-operates closely with us. It is part of our family - it is also this evening here. The thing with Garret is the fact that it us - when individuals and as volume - knows and knows, how one gets the best from us raus. On this level he has to do more, than to change now the Songs. Although it has also there influence drauf. It is like that which like an additional volume member. I cannot present it to me at all to work with someone else. I do not know also whether we will ever make. It is, we amplifier-rides itself. But I do not believe that that will happen. We are so busy to write the Songs it keep there the overview. It is great to work with it I thinks we also the next album with it will take up. But now we must bring only times that here raus.

You for a Song also with Martha Wainwright co-operated - as you it learned to be known?

Gary wrote the Song in the last week of the photographs, cut it it the Vocals on the body. We called and asked it whether them would do that, and she assured to lucky way. That is not a straight Rock'n'Roll-story.

Also hattet ihr vorher noch nie Kontakt mit ihr?

No, we are enormous fans. Their album is fantastisch. Gary had the idea to ask it all the same whether she knows us now, our music likes or so. This Song is one of my favourite TRACKS on the album. It is times which other one for us. That another voice on the plate is there, there was not Patrol album ever on a Snow. That was so far in each case Gary. The Song has which magic actually. Everyone can with the Song connecten.

You stress also again and again that you examine you mutually, whether it you still normally hold back or begin, from you away as to be taken conceited of star.

I do not think simply that we like that are. I can actually hardly imagine that that we would behave ourselves in such a way. You, we do not know want simply music to make, we are Celebrities. That is simply nonsense.

You are not recognized thus also in England on the road?

No, with Gigs, but otherwise not really. Gary perhaps - or two a times in Ireland and Scotland. We are not so interesting. laughs

You live in Glasgow...

I no more. Some of us already still. We have there all until January last yearly used. I live now in Belfast, Johnny in Dingle and the other three still in Glasgow. There was no certain reason, why we wanted absolutely from Glasgow away. But there were simply things in our private life, which led to it. Glasgow is super a city. A fantastischer place, in order to make music, because all support each other there. Things, which comes from there, show it.

Do you co-operate still with other volume?

Yes, all our friends are in volume. The only reason, why we do not make any longer so much with those, is that we are the whole time on route. I believe, I know nobody, which does not make music - except my family. Directly and directly dresses evenly.

I just typed in german to english transaltor and it gave me some sites!! is that about the right translation?!?!?

Thanks for offering to translate Larry!!! It was super sweet of you, i just though i would make your life a bit easier!!! :D

yes they have a new video out... i saw it like 2 days ago, i liked it but i find strange see the new guy in the band...

btw faust you are charles?

btw what's the new album name?

i will ask for it in the store, oh well i asked about the band some months and they had nothing about them...