✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Palladium´s shows

Fernando42

Obviously the last Palladium show didn't go very well. The tickets for the show had all been sold out before it was announced that Coldplay would perform there. So they were not among fans.

Very disappointed, Chris was seen outside afterwards ranting and shouting at fans who wanted an autograph. He can't accept the fact that the group isn't as popular as they were before their 'hibernation'. It's such a shame that the tour for their 8th album ends like this.

Edited by Guest
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1

Obviously the last Palladium show didn't go very well. The tickets for the show had all been sold out before it was announced that Coldplay would perform there. So they were not among fans.

Very disappointed, Chris was seen outside afterwards ranting and shouting at fans who wanted an autograph. He can't accept the fact that the group isn't as popular as they were before their 'hibernation'. It's such a shame that the tour for their 8th album ends like this.

Those weren't real fans my dude. They were autograph hunters who followed him in their car to get stuff signed to then sell on eBay.

• Like 3

From videos I've seen of the gigs on YouTube, a lot of people in the crowd seemed to be singing along with the newer songs, the atmosphere seemed a lot better than the London gig!

• Like 1

From videos I've seen of the gigs on YouTube, a lot of people in the crowd seemed to be singing along with the newer songs, the atmosphere seemed a lot better than the London gig!

As someone who can be hotheaded, I understand how it is to be pushed and say things you don't mean to say...

But I was disappointed to see this. I hate those autograph hunter people too...and TMZ....and paparazzi....

....but he could've just really completely ignored them and got in the car and not signed anything at all. Especially since, honestly, I mean they haven't had much press or audience engagement or anything this time, and this is what gets circulated. And it is disappointing to hear him call a show shitty when true fans mostly have said it was not shitty.

I constantly have to tell myself saying nothing is sometimes better than saying anything in these no win situations.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

I'm sorry, but literally nothing in this post is true.

The Palladium shows were both sold AFTER Coldplay was announced. You're getting this confused with iHeart Radio.

And he was shouting at professional autograph hunters, not at fans.

"can't accept the fact that the group isn't as popular" - what ?

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

He is human as everyone else. He is a very kind person and although he is famous, he’s a man like me, with his fragility and patience limits. I saw some videos of the show and it seemed amazing. I still don’t understand why they play church but he never sings it. is very weird. In my opinion is one of the most easy song of the show to sing...

Like @iranaway said, nothing in this post is true. I was there at the concert. For me, it was absolutely amazing. This concert was from a verified fan sale and the people I spoke to were huge Coldplay fans who had seen them more than a dozen times in some cases. People lined up since early in the morning to get front row. The atmosphere was good. I was singing along to the EL songs with plenty of others around me. Chris may have thought it was a shitty gig, but it was in no way a shitty gig to me. He has always been pretty self critical anyway.

About the incident itself, read what really happened from fellow attendees who were there

[MEDIA=reddit]Coldplay/comments/erw8bf[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/erw8bf/chris_said_they_had_a_shitty_gig_last_night/

I understand why he was pissed. But it is alarming to see Chris this pissed since viva. The professional autograph hunters definitely crossed the line. Just wish he walked away and did not let them get to him so much. In the end, they got what they wanted and more (selling the video).

P.S. The crowd refused to leave for a good 10 minutes trying to get the band back for a second encore. We only left when the security came and told us it was over. That was a very Coldplay crowd.

Edited by gai
  • Like 6

To piggyback on some early comments, the "TMZ" video was after the first show at the Palladium on Monday night. I actually happened to see this on the cheesy TMZ show in my hotel room before I went to the Tuesday show. (why it was on, I couldn't even tell you)

Tuesday's show was fantastic. I had balcony seats, and I promise you, everyone on the floor was into the band, the songs, the music, everything! Excellent setlist (slightly different from the night before). The atmosphere was electric before, during, and after the show. In fact, after the show was over, there were some fans (myself included) on a street corner with make shift instruments singing several Coldplay songs. Our corner kept growing, and we just kept singing. (Kudos to the musicians!!)

Both Palladium shows were sold out in minutes, and were only available to verified fans. I agree, there is confusion as the AltEgo show went on sale (and "sold out") prior to the announcement that Coldplay would be there - but they only played a 35 minute set for that show.

• Like 1