✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE HARDEST COLDPLAY GAME!

Divutian

Hello ladies and gentlemen, welcome to THE HARDEST COLDPLAY GAME!

In this game, you have to take any coldplay song and say a way you would improve it or make it better.

One rule is that you can't hate on songs. (ex. "a way i would make Fun better is to remove it from the album." or "Hymn for the weekend would be perfect without beyonce lol")

So go, have fun, and try to win. (is it even possible?)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Hymn for The Weekend

While this song is euphoric and was amazing live, I would improve this song by replacing some synthetic instruments with authentic ones, such as the horns. 

Have I got the right idea @Divutian?

Yep! You got it!

I also forgot to mention that you can also counter-argue with someone else. For example, I could now say: "I don't agree. I think that the sound achieved in the song is perfect as it is and would be harder to achieve with authentic instruments."

1 hour ago, Divutian said:

Yep! You got it!

I also forgot to mention that you can also counter-argue with someone else. For example, I could now say: "I don't agree. I think that the sound achieved in the song is perfect as it is and would be harder to achieve with authentic instruments."

Is there a way to stop this game turning into a arguement. Could there be some kind of vote or poll to agree or disagree with the claim?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Jordanator said:

Is there a way to stop this game turning into a arguement. Could there be some kind of vote or poll to agree or disagree with the claim?

Well, I wouldn't think of it as arguing. I would say we just 'politely disagree' and then say your point.

39 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

Don't Let It Break Your Heart would be better without that atrocious wall of sound.

Too much?

I feel like it's good as it is, the 'wall of sound' feels essential to the meaning and point of the sound and I like the sequencing alot

(Also, I know this is off-topic, but could we have like a forum album? Like the one for the subreddit where different people from it do different parts for covers of coldplay songs. i would love to be in it and i feel we can make one better than the subreddit.)

15 minutes ago, Divutian said:

I feel like it's good as it is, the 'wall of sound' feels essential to the meaning and point of the sound and I like the sequencing alot

(Also, I know this is off-topic, but could we have like a forum album? Like the one for the subreddit where different people from it do different parts for covers of coldplay songs. i would love to be in it and i feel we can make one better than the subreddit.)

yep we clearly disagree there lol ?

Ooohh like a big forum band? That's a great idea, let's do it! 

2 minutes ago, Captain Crieff said:

yep we clearly disagree there lol ?

Ooohh like a big forum band? That's a great idea, let's do it! 

I sent Stephen a PM about it, but he's probably really busy. If anyone can contact him please do!

15 hours ago, I ran away said:

@Divutian Just start a thread for it ! I'm sure we'll find enough participants. The I Ran Away Project cover was started this way too, with a simple thread I made, back in the day...

BTW, how's that project going? I almost forgot about it :P

Edited by MarckozZ

Well, it's been on ice since mid-2017 but should another good opportunity arise it will be revived.

At any rate I had a paper sign that said "Play I Ran Away live" in London last November in the front row and Jonny saw it and acknowledged it with what I would describe as a "surprised smile and a nod" ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Everyday Life

I would improve Everyday Life by turning up Jonny's guitar. In particular, in the second chorus and the outro.

The more buckland, the better.

(im working on the synth/piano part for up and up cover now...)

Edited by Divutian
  • Love 1