✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, nothing new under the sun but Jared's tweets cracks me up!! First his bio 'I make your seats vibrate' :laugh3: Second this:

Why would I "leave the house" or "be productive" when I can stay home and do awesome shit like this. http://yfrog.com/joj1yz

impressive!

and this:

They usually just call me "asshole" RT @ZuzaFromMars @youngfollowill your family and your friends are calling you Jared or Michael ? :)

:laugh3:

Keep the tweets coming Jared!! :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...

Kings Of Leon defend Glee snub

_50974262_007420290-1.jpg

Kings Of Leon defend Glee snub

A row has broken out between Kings Of Leon and Glee co-creator Ryan Murphy relating back to their refusal to be part of the US TV series.

Writing on Twitter drummer Nathan Followill told Murphy to "let it go", adding, "See a therapist, get a manicure, buy a bra. Zip your lip."

After deleting his comments he later apologised to anyone who thought they were "homophobic or misogynistic". It came after Murphy criticised the band calling them "self-centred".

'Slap in face'

In a magazine interview feature with Hollywood Reporter Murphy accused the Sex On Fire band as having "missed the bigger picture" by not wanting to be involved. "They missed that a seven-year-old kid can see someone close to their age singing a Kings of Leon song, which will maybe make them want to join a glee club or pick up a musical instrument," he said.

Guns N' Roses 'rejected' Glee

Before his brother's comments lead singer Caleb Followill had attempted to defuse the situation.

He said: "It's gotten out of hand. At the time of the request, we hadn't even seen the show. This was never meant as a slap in the face to Glee or to music education or to fans of the show. We're not sure where the anger is coming from."

In August 2010 Kings Of Leon told NME that they'd chosen not to let the show use their track "Use Somebody" also confirming they had never seen the show.

Last week guitarist Slash confirmed he'd refused Glee permission to use Guns N' Roses tracks, describing the show as "worse than Grease, and Grease is bad enough".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/12295995

I don't understand why Glee creator is so pissed at KOL. They asked permission to use their songs, KOL said no...there nothing much to add. It's KOL right to decline, plus Caleb explained that he thought their songs won't fit the show, so WHY Murphy is still continuing arguing? The guy has to get that his show is NOT the center of the world!

I must say I saw Nathan's tweet directed to Murphy and it made me laugh. Typical Nath!

• 2 months later...

A documentary on the band is coming out!!! It was shown at Tribeca film festival. The trailer is really good :awesome:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNr3quTz54]YouTube - TRAILER NEW KOL DOCU - "Talihina Sky" (Kings of Leon)[/ame]

Wonder when it will be release though...?!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH0m5MmGDBQ]‪Kings Of Leon Dallas 2011 (TRODMACs ORIGINAL VIDEO)‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

After dealing with crapping pigeons in St. Louis, injured arms, tour bus fires, and now after a show is cut short in Dallas, it seems that Kings of Leon have an uncanny knack (or maybe a looming curse) for concert and touring drama.

Last night in Dallas Caleb Followill went on an alleged drunken rant saying that the blazing Texas heat had gotten the best of him and that he was going to “go backstage and drink a beer, vomit and then return for three more songs.”

Well, that didn’t happen and his brother Jared returned to the stage to tell fans that he was sorry and that fans should not hate them but just Caleb.

Jerad Followill had this to say after the show via Twitter:

“Dallas, I cannot begin to tell you how sorry I am. There are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be addressed. No words.”

“I love our fans so much. I know you guys aren’t stupid. I can’t lie. There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade.”

Kings Of Leon have cancelled a gig in Houston tonight (July 30), leading bassist Jared Followill to admit that the band are dealing with some 'big' problems.

The Tennessee rockers were due to play at the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion as part of their current US tour, but pulled out following last night's (29) abandonment of a show in Dallas.

A statement on the venue's website Woodlandscenter.org said that singer Caleb Followill is suffering from "heat exhaustion and dehydration".

^Jared seems a little man-whore but nice enough, Nathan seems legit lovely as does Matt. Caleb comes across... Hm.

I saw them at last year's Hyde Park gig. It was good and they are good live, but comparing them now to other bands I've seen, they're a little stagnant on stage. Caleb just sort of stands there.

Kings of Leon Cancel U.S. Tour

Kings of Leon have cancelled their entire U.S. tour, citing frontman Caleb Followill's "vocal issues and exhaustion" in a statement. The news follows the Kings' aborted performance in Dallas, TX, on July 29, during which frontman Followill appeared unfit to perform.

"I'm gonna go backstage and I'm gonna vomit," he told the crowd. "I'm gonna drink a beer and I'm gonna come back out and play three songs."

In a statement, the band's camp said "[they are] devastated, but in order to give their fans the shows they deserve, they need to take a break." All ticket purchases will be refunded, and the band is planning to resume touring in Vancouver, BC, on September 28.

While the official line cites "vocal issues and exhaustion" as a reason for the cancellation, the band members' individual accounts have suggested a darker scenario (although in YouTube footage from the show, which is posted below, Caleb repeatedly said, "I'm not drunk, I'm just fuckin' hot… about the fall down here because I'm so fuckin' hot).

Following the show cancellation, Jared Followill posted on Twitter: "There are internal sicknesses & problems that have needed to be addressed. No words…There are problems in our band bigger than not drinking enough Gatorade."