✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a lot of problems, both individually and as a band. I could give you my own personal accounts, but they are just going to add up to the same thing you're reading. I like their music, but they are a bunch of babies.

You know, I don't think I'd very much like to spend 2 hours being shat on either. But I don't think they handled that situation in the right way.

As for the US tour cancellation, I think it is best given the situation. I think they all need to sort themselves properly out before they even attempt to join back up as a band and tour. There's some issues that definitely need ironing out and I think that if they can't, they should just leave KoL to come to an end.

They make good music, but I don't want an Oasis to happen.

To be honest, I never found their banter about drinking to be that funny. I mean, a joke here or there about having too much to drink is fine, but they talk about being drunk all the time. Substance abuse isn't funny, and it always comes to a head.

I agree.

If their concerts were at least great, then ok, you can try to ignore it.

But if they make the impression that they'd want to be anywhere right now except being on that stage... then it's annoying to see them tweeting videos of backstage parties and playing games when they can hardly stand on their feet anymore.

I like their music but after seeing them in 2009 I decided I wouldn't bother going to their concerts again.

I know I said all this before... so I'll shut up now and leave. :escaping3:

I don't know exactly the details of their contract with RCA, but I can't imagine more than another record as a band. Caleb will start soon a solo career and honestly I don't know what to expect from the other band members, maybe they will try to make music together under a new moniker and with another singer...

I see the connection to the Oasis situation, with family and dysfunction involved, but I'm not sure it will end up the same. Liam and Noel appear far more obstinate than the KOL guys. We will see.

I don't see a connection with the Oasis, the Gallaghers are both "singers", Caleb is the only one that can have a career on his own outside KOL.

^ You don't have to be a singer to continue to have a career in music. For example, Johnny Marr has bounced from band to band, project to project since The Smiths split. There are countless other examples.

I know that you don't have to be a singer to have a career in music :rolleyes:

In case you didn't notice, there's no Johnny Marr in this band, nobody with at least half of his talent.

What do you really expect from the other members of the band if KOL will break up ? Nathan is nothing more than just a drummer, i doubt he'll pull out a 'Dave Grohl'; regarding the other two...they can't sing to save their life so i doubt they will be able to start a new career that lasts.

Realistically Caleb is the only one with a future in the music industry, if he will not end up like his alcoholic father.

^ I don't agree. The other guys could easily work in the music industry after KOL. Will it be as big? It almost never is! That applies to Caleb, too. But musicians are recycled in bands all the time. I could list 200-300 names of musicians who work based on the name of their former band, and that's without even blinking.

^ I don't agree. The other guys could easily work in the music industry after KOL. Will it be as big? It almost never is! That applies to Caleb, too. But musicians are recycled in bands all the time. I could list 200-300 names of musicians who work based on the name of their former band, and that's without even blinking.

Of course they can easily work again in the music biz, but not with the same results. KOL fans will follow Caleb no matter what, i don't think the same for the other guys of the band...

Seen them live a couple of times. They've always showed very little interest on stage, but at least in the beginning there was a lot of energy and passion in their gigs. The (festival) gigs I've seen after Because Of The Times were all quite boring and bland. And I also hate that ridiculous banter about drinking and being drunk by Caleb Followill. Each time I've seen them, he was obviously sober, so why ramble on about having drinks and stuff? Especially if that's about the only thing you say to the audience the entire gig.

Hi everyone, it's just now that I've spotted this thread. I like listening to this band's music, although I wouldn't call myself an ardent admirer. My favourite album is Only by the Night, and the song I like most is 'I Want You'. The last album isn't something, in my view. How are the guys doing at the moment?

• 4 months later...

I just stumbled upon this thread after deciding to look for any other KOL fans on this website. I only got into KOL since ObtN, but I think BotT and CAS are great too :D I had no idea they had all these problems though :\ I have only seen them live once (in June) which was amazing and they seemed fine then. Does anyone know what's going on with them at the moment?

To be honest, I never found their banter about drinking to be that funny. I mean, a joke here or there about having too much to drink is fine, but they talk about being drunk all the time. Substance abuse isn't funny, and it always comes to a head.

I always thought this was so immature. Its like those drunken hs and college kids that want to show everyone how bad ass they are.

Anyways I love KOL. My fave songs are Ragoo and Mcfearless. Caleb do seem like an ass though. I recently heard he used to have anorexia. I had no idea. I know he supposedly went to rehab for alcoholism. I hope he's okay. Havent heard much about that lately. Must sucks for his newlywed bride. Not a good way to start your marriage.

• 1 year later...

Wasn't all that thrilled with Supersoaker. Come Around Sundown was a disappointment and by the sounds of Supersoaker, it sounds like it's heading in that direction.

But Wait for Me came along and I have hope now. :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC8QcaMMVQE]Kings Of Leon - Wait For Me - YouTube[/ame]

Supersoaker vid

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzY55ACUQo]Kings Of Leon - Supersoaker - YouTube[/ame]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...