✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come Around Sundown isn't on the poll and that's my favorite!

Same here! Along with Because of the Times.

I had low expectations for this album but I'm pleasantly surprise by it. I think the second half of the album is better though.

Its a fantastic album and how they managed to record such great songs after all the drama with Caleb is super cool.

KOL are the greatest rock band of their generation and also hugely underrated. We need to get this thread going again guys. So what are your favorite songs from Mechanical Bull?!

I haven't listen to MB in a while. Guess it wasn't an album that really sticks with you.

Favourite song: Beautiful War, Wait for Me, Family Tree.

That's all I remember at the moment. Lol.

All three are great songs. Especially Wait for Me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Reviving this thread from the dead.

So how do you like WALLS? It's getting a lot of lukewarm reviews (my favourite was one describing it as the perfect romantic album to listen to under a blanket with hot chocolate), but I have to say that I like it after the first few plays. Strangely enough I like the quieter songs, Muchacho, Conversation Piece (I'm a sucker for the tiny moment when Caleb's voice breaks into falsetto at the end of the chorus), and WALLS. I find it funny that many reviews of their last albums mention Coldplay and U2 - and not in the good way (stadium rock, nothing special anymore, changed for the worst...). I love both, so I must still like KOL. :laugh4: The album was produced by Markus Dravs, who also worked on Viva La Vida and MX.

Well yeah, Youth & Young Manhood was an exceptional debut with a great unpolished devil-may-care attitude, but I've always liked their development as a band, even if it meant more mainstream (and less hair). But the early 2000s also were a different time with the revival of garage rock with bands like The Strokes, The White Stripes, The Hives, The Libertines, The Vines, etc... The times they are a-changin.

Will probably get a ticket to see them next year. Saw them in 2004 and 2010, so it's time again...