✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kings of Leon

Kettercat

The US is slow on catching on to great bands... SueDeNimes, you're lucky!! Have fun @ the show! My favorite song is Slow Night, So Long and then Soft... Milk is a really great song too!

Thank you! :nice:

I'll report when I'm back!

"Soft" is one of my favourites as well.

I'm a bit bad with the names of the songs though because I listen to them at work and in the car all the time where I don't see the names... :embarassed:

The whole album is great, I agree with you!

(Next would come "Because of the Times", mainly because of Knocked Up and On Call I think, then OBTN)

Just realised my ranking is identical to the alphabetical one! :stunned: :laugh3:

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Knocked Up is a good one!!!!

i think BOTT would be my 2nd favorite too.... My top song is Arizona off BOTT :D GREAT TRACK!

YYM, it has to be... Trani & Happy Alone :D and then ooohhhffff.... Cold Desert and Frontier City of OBTN... :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

Finally I can open my eyes properly...

Yesterday was exhausting: 3 hours drive to Bonn (near Cologne) in the morning, lunch and shopping until the evening, concert in the Lanxess Arena and then 3 hours drive back home.

I was at home at 3am !!

The concert was worth it, so much I can say!

BUT what tauiwi said is true:

They are ok live, they dont do much though, so dont expect too much from them.

I think I am too spoiled from Coldplay concerts...

My seat was in block 625 and my new camera with 12x zoom came in handy here :)

Opening act was "Mew". I said it in their thread already: I wasn't really impressed. The sound was awful, a lot of reverberation and it was impossible to understand a single lyric.

One really nice guy asked if he is in the right section and as a thank you for the info he offered me some fries... so I had to get some myself after tasting one :D

I enjoyed every single song Kings of Leon played!!

But especially my favourite song: Milk! :dance:

People in my section were cool, standing and dancing during the concert.

About 6 blocks in the 700's were empty...

The atmosphere in the standing area must have been amazing but I was glad to have a seat as people in the front were jumping and poking a lot.

They didn't talk much, one thing was "Let's have a f*cking party!!" however. :)

Here are my pictures:

Flickr album link

For example

3662766704_3d8ff8a923.jpg?v=0

And I uploaded three videos on youtube (sorry about the sound, turn down the volume!!):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6F5xNjW3_g]YouTube - Kings of Leon - On Call (Lanxess Arena, Cologne)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBomVGMeOY]YouTube - Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Lanxess Arena, Cologne)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2OjWpGL7U]YouTube - Kings of Leon - Slow Night, So Long (Lanxess Arena, Cologne)[/ame]

I'll probably add more thoughts later. :kiss:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ivet! :)

Last night I met a friend and I told her about Coldplay at the Main Square Festival first, then said "and Kings of Leon last month was great as well" and she thought it was the title of a Coldplay song!!! :stunned: She didn't even know who they are!

--> So good this forum exists and has people who know what I'm talking about :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

just got back, totally poured. We got there at 6 am and it was allready packed. our vip tix were behind stage 5 feet away from stage. and that would have been ok but it ranined cats and dogs and they had tents and tarps up so we could see nothing. they felt bad for us and moved us to the "Front" that would be the front of the backsection, could not see crap!!! but i have a few vids my hubby took becuase he was tall and held his non broken arm up to shoot vids. he is awesome. so KOL were great sound just like they do on cd. but they played the same songs for warm up as for performance. Sex on fire was amazing live. crowd was a bit subdued being it was pouring until 8 ish. cleared up for actual taping of show. will upload vids soon

Another fan here! I saw them twice this year. In Cologne and Rotterdam :D :cool:

Oh you were in Cologne too??

Where were your seats? Or were you standing?

just got back, totally poured. We got there at 6 am and it was allready packed. our vip tix were behind stage 5 feet away from stage. and that would have been ok but it ranined cats and dogs and they had tents and tarps up so we could see nothing. they felt bad for us and moved us to the "Front" that would be the front of the backsection, could not see crap!!! but i have a few vids my hubby took becuase he was tall and held his non broken arm up to shoot vids. he is awesome. so KOL were great sound just like they do on cd. but they played the same songs for warm up as for performance. Sex on fire was amazing live. crowd was a bit subdued being it was pouring until 8 ish. cleared up for actual taping of show. will upload vids soon

Oh Christa, I hope you still had a good time there...

Your hubby really is awesome, hope his arm is better soon!

I'm looking forward to see the videos!

I was in front of the stage until I got squished and then had to move back :rolleyes:

And you?

That was the reason I chose seats...

I don't like it actually but I already expected that the crowd would be moving / pushing / whatever so I chose seats. :\

My videos are here on my yt channel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBomVGMeOY]YouTube - Kings of Leon - Use Somebody (Lanxess Arena, Cologne)[/ame]

3662013543_de04b39259_o.jpg

thanks for posting this ... I already saw this picture.

The crowd was a little bit nuts, there were some ppl who were drunk as soon as concert started ... I saw them again in Rotterdam and I had seats which was lovely, but standing has it's own perks, like the vibe that you get from not drunk people ;) ;)

thanks for posting this ... I already saw this picture.

The crowd was a little bit nuts, there were some ppl who were drunk as soon as concert started ... I saw them again in Rotterdam and I had seats which was lovely, but standing has it's own perks, like the vibe that you get from not drunk people ;) ;)

I know... I prefer standing as well but given that I had to drive home afterwards etc seats certainly were the right decision.

I'll never choose seats for a Coldplay concert again - I'd rather not go at all...

Same goes for any other concert where you can expect that the crowd won't squeeze you so much that you lose contact with the floor :laugh3:

I had plenty of room for dancing up there and enjoyed seeing how you and hundreds of others were constantly moving from left to right, front to back, leftrightleftrightleft :)

LOL gee thanks that must have been fun to watch :P

The first 3 songs I was in 4th or 5th "row" somewhere between Caleb and Jarred :) It was GOOD. Until it wasn't any more. I just can't do that. I was afraid I was going to loose my friend too, we had that Titanic moment where we were holding each other's hand and she was being pulled in another direction LOL.

we had that Titanic moment where we were holding each other's hand and she was being pulled in another direction LOL.

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Nice description!

"Jaaaaaaaack!!" - "Roooooooose!"

Have a nice evening! (Gotta go now)

Are you from Germany or the Netherlands?