• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Compared to Coldplay, are they good?

TOTALLY different!!

I loved to hear their songs live but the crowd interaction literally was this:

"Hi"

"Let's have a f*cking party"

"Goodbye"

Don't know if it's like that at all concerts but I was a bit disappointed as I could as well have listened to the songs they played on my stereo.

I don't want to sound too disappointed - it WAS a good concert and Caleb's voice is as good live as it is on their records, but don't expect them to talk between songs I'd say.

I was so so so happy when they played "Milk" - one of my favourite songs of theirs... :heart:

And of course the crowd got mad during "Sex on fire"!

Was a cool atmosphere at the concert.

Do you have a standing ticket or a seat?

Have a nice time on Sat!!

I really liked the last album, but I also tend to be a fan of pop-rock. I think songs like Manhattan, Notion, and especially Cold Desert are kick ass.

I am seeing them live towards the end of the month. I have not seen them since they opened for U2. They have come along way since then.

they are great live, but like you said crowd interaction is a bit on a low side and that is how they are ...so don't be disappointed with that ... sometimes the singer likes to complain, especially when really drunk, about crowd not being wild enough like he did in Rotterdam which pissed off a lot of ppl. They didn't return for encore that time.... :( But still their music live is great and worth experiencing ;) so haaave fun and I wish I could see them live again :D

their first 3 albums were very good, their last one comes dangerous close to sounding like something nickelback would do.

:o that's taking it a little too far.. :uhoh: i agree on how more mainstream it was but it wasn't nickelback potential... :\

Their last album wasn't Nickelback. It was U2 meets Coldplay with Pearl Jam in there. I usually describe Caleb as a Martin meets Vedder. I dont see why I dont like them, they are essentially all of my favourite bands.

I do like Use Somebody, Sex On Fire, Manhattan, Closer. Haven't really heard their older stuff. Can I expect a Live 2003 style show then?

Well try to get into older stuff too, it is really good. I like also Notion, Be Somebody, Cold Desert and Crawl from the new album. :)

The 2 middle albums are my favourites ... There are some excellent songs like: Knocked up, Black thumbnail, Fans, Slow night so long, King of Rodeo, The bucket, Soft, 4 kicks, Charmer, On call, Mc Fearless, Arizona, My party .... sheesh there are so many, but they are good.

Haven't really heard their older stuff. Can I expect a Live 2003 style show then?

I agree with superjazzygirl - Listen to "Aha Shake Heartbreak" and "Because of the Times"!!

If you want to know what to expect, you can watch my videos :D

This one for example:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr2OjWpGL7U]YouTube - Kings of Leon - Slow Night, So Long (Lanxess Arena, Cologne)[/ame]

The 2 middle albums are my favourites ... There are some excellent songs like: Knocked up, Black thumbnail, Fans, Slow night so long, King of Rodeo, The bucket, Soft, 4 kicks, Charmer, On call, Mc Fearless, Arizona, My party .... sheesh there are so many, but they are good.

I fully agree!

Middle 2 are my favourites as well.

If you would have added "Milk" you would have named the same favourites even :)

Rotterdam

Crawl

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-hDnpAi69o]YouTube - Kings of Leon - Crawl live @ Ahoy Rotterdam 2 July 2009[/ame]

California Waiting ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSkC5_8HsIA]YouTube - Kings of Leon - California Waiting live @ Ahoy Rotterdam 2 July 2009[/ame]

haha i guess i took it alittle far, but i just loved the first three albums that the last one dissapointed me. lol nothing they do could be as bad as nickelback lol

I do agree with you, their last three albums were better... you just scared me there for a second :p

Well try to get into older stuff too, it is really good. I like also Notion, Be Somebody, Cold Desert and Crawl from the new album. :)

ARIZONA = FUCKING LOVE... and yes ASH (YOU FORGOT SOFT!!) and BOTT (may I add Knocked Up) is the way to go

I also got a thing for YYM: Happy Alone, California Waiting, Red Morning Light, TRANI!!!, Molly's Chamber,

^he's so damn sexy...