✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Flaming Lips

Hicksy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i was at Glasto when they played before Radiohead..it was a full-on color saturated balloon overloaded birthday fiesta extravaganza!, and dude...the part where he poured the fake blood on himself!! :shock: :lol: It was total good hearted Lunacy, bless 'em:)

:lol: :lol:

He made this little speech about birthdays and said how since he thought being born is the bloodiest thing we humans will ever do, that it would be appropriate to pour blood on himself when they sang that happy birthday dedication to some dudes daughter named Marley ;)

yeah i was at Glasto when they played before Radiohead..it was a full-on color saturated balloon overloaded birthday fiesta extravaganza!' date=' and dude...the part where he poured the fake blood on himself!! :shock: :lol: It was total good hearted Lunacy, bless 'em:)[/quote']

Wow that's cool! I heard that performance was brilliant!!! :)

Yoshimi battles the pink robots is great! :D I love the artwork for it too! I love Fight Test and Do You Realize?

She don't use Jelly is always a good one!!! :lol: :D

their live show is just a huge party' date=' its such a fun experience[/quote']

I was really really impressed with their live show... they had people dressed up as animals walkin about the stage, he had huuuge coloured balloons bouncing through the audience, there was a smoke machine, little bits of paper were thrown and were floating all over the audience! he had his trademark blood on his face and a red cape on, and he was just a total loony but the crowd loved him! "do you realise" is such an amazing song, it's the one i'll remember the most!

WOOHOO :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest DavidG

Lol the flaming lips are amazing lol,

I mean, it isnt music isnt amazingly ground breaking, but the lyrics kill me, i think my favorite lyrics by them is from Bad Days

"You hate your boss at your job, but in your dreams you can blow his head off, in your dreams shoooooow no mercy"

Lol, sorry, that just tickles me lol, its such a cuckoo song... :smug: dont mind me lol :blush:

They do have amazing lyrics, but I wouldn't put "Bad Days" at the top of the list. :P

I think Wayne Coyne is a genius. Just the concept alone of an album like Zaireeka is great, and the fact that they actually went ahead and did it, let alone made it sound fantastic, is unbelievable. And reading Wayne's liner notes for the different songs is a real treat and further drives home his creative talent (35,000 Feet of Despair: the tale of a commercial pilot who goes insane at the helm of a jet plane in the air and hangs himself in the bathroom, with each disc being a different "voice" in the pilot's head). I would say that that album IS ground-breaking (if completely inaccessable to many people). :D

Anyway... I can't seem to say enough about how great the Flaming Lips are. They're also possibly the best live show I've EVER seen. (Radiohead have got nothing on the Flaming Lips in that aspect)

Guest DavidG
They do have amazing lyrics, but I wouldn't put "Bad Days" at the top of the list. :P

I think Wayne Coyne is a genius. Just the concept alone of an album like Zaireeka is great, and the fact that they actually went ahead and did it, let alone made it sound fantastic, is unbelievable. And reading Wayne's liner notes for the different songs is a real treat and further drives home his creative talent (35,000 Feet of Despair: the tale of a commercial pilot who goes insane at the helm of a jet plane in the air and hangs himself in the bathroom, with each disc being a different "voice" in the pilot's head). I would say that that album IS ground-breaking (if completely inaccessable to many people). :D

Anyway... I can't seem to say enough about how great the Flaming Lips are. They're also possibly the best live show I've EVER seen. (Radiohead have got nothing on the Flaming Lips in that aspect)

Meh, I know a guy who has like such a hard on for Radiohead. Don't get me wrong, they are a good band but sometimes, bands like Radiohead and Nirvana really bug me, because people are always saying how amazing they are and sure, they got some good stuff but not every single thing they do is amazing like people make out.

sometimes, bands like Radiohead and Nirvana really bug me, because people are always saying how amazing they are and sure, they got some good stuff but not every single thing they do is amazing like people make out.

more often than not it is ;)

and i'm glad to see so much love out there for the lips :)

did anybody see them at Coachella?