✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Common Knowledge

Sternly

what is it? I know what it means, but are you suppose to know by it? Like we were talking and someone said, and they ask you common knowledge staff.... so I said, well what is that? Since for me almost everything seems to be part of the "common knowledge"...... and the thing went on, and I realise that for people History and Literature things were like common knowledge staff, but when it came to 'the siences' it was almost everything what they called "expecific knowledge" or something like that :confused:

That's the thing! I always assume people know, or should know, certain things......especially when it comes to Chemistry and Biology.......... History & Geography........ it's like things that everyone should know, but that t affects them too :/

Yeah, I guess the term "common knowledge" doesn't really extend to a lot specific information, especially science things. It's all relative, though. If you were in a room full of chemists, it would obviously be different than if you were in a room full of, say, poets.

I know I'm stating the obvious. :P

I've been always taught that is obvious.......... to start with

and second is like.......... for me is obvious, I don't know....... the nae of Russia's capital or when was the Gold War and what happened and so........ but then it seems like just a few people know about it, since it doesn't affect them personally and......... its not like "I need to know it" :/

common knowledge (or "common sense") is stuff you could (and should) easily have picked up by yourself, and you can safely assume that pretty much everyone knows.

stuff like Pythagoras' Theorem, and Newton's laws of physics, and the dates the Roman Emperors were born and when they died, and how the nervous system works. These things are NOT common sense.

ah! I take that also as common knowledge............. because I make a difference with common sense..... that's like don't put your hand on the stove......... you know like what you call common knwoledge :confused:

for me is obvious' date=' I don't know....... the nae of Russia's capital or when was the Gold War and what happened and so........ but then it seems like just a few people know about it, since it doesn't affect them personally and......... its not like "I need to know it" :/[/quote']

hahah

you don't know when the cold war was?

much less the capital of russia?

but that was common sense! I meant the other thing!

Well, things like Pythagoras' Theorem, Newton's laws of physics

I think that's common knowledge....... he other is discussable (from discuss) but that I think everyone knows what it is, or at least they can deduce it.......

anyway, I think this going no where

ah! mycd...... I know that sentence was awfully writen! I read it and even I got shocked, but I said that for that was obvious (I don't know meant, like for example). You got the wrong way, and that's it.

Me still thoinks Bananaman is like here and there! :/