✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Who smokes on here ??

bart

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did but i quit after realizing that feeling naucious after every cancer stick....even salems...doesnt really feel good. i smoke thc occasionally. but i prolly wont in a while because this summer for me is planning to be really fulfilling.

In reply to Kettercat~

I answered “I smoke THC AKA weed”.

I used to smoke cigarettes for 7 years & recently quit. Smoking cigarettes is dumb; I knew that from the start. As far as weed goes, it’s a case by case basis.

I don't smoke. Never tried that and never will, can't stand it.

And people who smoke weed are stupid, I'm sorry :rolleyes:

Marijuana stimulates the mind:

Before pot was illegal, many of the greatest minds used it as a tool. Many great European writers and intellectuals smoked the herb. French writer Victor Hugo, German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, and former US President John F. Kennedy were all pot heads. Sober, I have a scattered brain, I always have. As a Virgo, I have the tendency to worry about everything and strive for order and accomplishment. If I wake up to a green bowl by my bed, I can open my eyes, and see the world in a better light. I’m ready to get things done with out the stress of the world really affecting me. I can enjoy my job, and continue my day in a productive manner, working out, hanging with friends, etc. When I am sober, they day seems long at 11am, and I feel the need to power down a couple Starbucks just to keep moving. Like most things, different strokes for different folks, but this is how it works for me.

Marijuana has helped those in pain:

Harvard psychiatrist Dr. Lester Grinspoon and James Bakalar wrote the book Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine. The two claim marijuana could ease nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy, improve the appetite of AIDS patients, and help those with glaucoma. In the US, over the last few years, weed is often being prescribed and helping people.

*The ancient Egyptians recommended marijuana for sore eyes while various cultures used it to treat coughs, headaches, and menstrual cramps. Chinese Emperor Shen Nung was convinced the plant could cure beriberi, malaria, rheumatism, and constipation

In ancient India, marijuana was the standard treatment for fever and dysentery while African women smoked it to relieve the pain of childbirth. Other conditions believed to be cured by marijuana were anxiety, asthma, depression, epilepsy, and loss of appetite. Small wonder it has become the most popular illegal drug in the United States and the second most commonly abused drug in the Philippines.

The bad parts ~

Marijuana can cause respiratory diseases, but not if it’s being smoked through a vaporizer and can cause depression. Pregnant women who smoke have an increased risk of delivering babies with a low birth weight or leukemia. Many legal items on the market have much worse side effects than this.

The smoke from weed will not contain the same additives in cigarettes, and the addiction you get if any is not chemical, it’s only physical &/or mental. Marijuana is much less harmful than cigarettes, much less addictive. The benefits of smoking pot (if you have the personality for it) are way over any other drugs I can think of and much less detrimental. I don’t think its smart sounding to label all pot smokers as stupid. If you’d like you can speak for yourself, and say “when I smoke weed, I’m stupid”, but otherwise your statement sounds pretty naïve and ignorant Kettercat.

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs." -Lily Tomlin

Herb the gift from the earth

and what's from the earth

is of the greatest worth

so before you knock it try it first

you'll see it's a blessing

and its not a curse” –Ben Harper

Ps. Yeah, I haven’t been around in a while. I was actually just cruising to see if Girlstar was still posting here (*wave*). Not trying to start shit, but it’s a good topic and there are a lot of misconceptions here.

Hey JekuRot! :D *waves back* You remembered me :blush:

Well sorry to say everyone but he makes some really really good points. In fact, his post was the most informing out of this whole thread. :stunned:

Harvard psychiatrist Dr. Lester Grinspoon and James Bakalar wrote the book Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine. The two claim marijuana could ease nausea and vomiting associated with cancer chemotherapy' date=' improve the appetite of AIDS patients, and help those with glaucoma. In the US, over the last few years, weed is often being prescribed and helping people. [/quote']

Didn't know that. :stunned:

Before pot was illegal' date=' many of the greatest minds used it as a tool. Many great European writers and intellectuals smoked the herb. French writer Victor Hugo, German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche, and former US President John F. Kennedy were all pot heads[/quote']

Ha, didn't know that either.

....so if people think others that smoke weed are stupid, then people who smoke ciggarettes must be even worse.

Marijuana is much less harmful than cigarettes' date=' much less addictive[/quote']

Ha, whaddaya know?

Of course I remember you!

To better explain my view -- Cigarette smokers are “stupid” to smoke, because the side effects are lethal. Everyone knows this, so saying someone’s stupid for doing it, is. You can’t argue the facts on lung cancer, directly linked to smoking (plus it’s a huge waste of money).

Marijuana has no deadly side effects that are realistic in getting with the normal smoking habits of a pothead. The plant will only give you a slightly modified perspective. You will forget the bad moments in your day and be able to relax with a smile if you weren’t before. It’s a very healthy, meditative drug if done responsibly. Like any good thing, some people will take it in excess and turn it into a bad thing. People who can’t stop eating get fat, people who can’t stop smoking get temporarily slow. Both, you can work off; the effects of pot never last, whether it’s a night, or 3 days, you will be your normal self again. Because of its illegality, it’s expensive, that’s a downfall. Someone might say that’s the reason a smoker is stupid. To defend myself, the price I pay for pot is worth the self changes I’ve made after seeing things through red eyes. I’ve become the person I am because I’ve opened up through pot. I’ve read books I wouldn’t be interested in, eventually decided on some sort of spirituality, and enjoyed different new music.

Still though,

Cigarettes = make you smell bad, kill you.

Weed = make you laugh, make you stupid for the night.

Alcohol has worse side effects than weed, but I’m sure most on this board have had a drink. ^.^

Of course marijuana can be healthy if used responsibly. So can tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and all sorts of other drugs (legal or otherwise).

I personally have tried it several times and just don't see the appeal of it. I won't say that everybody who smokes pot is automatically stupid (from my experience, the ratio of stupid to non stupid pot smokers is about the same as with non-smokers), but it certainly won't improve my opinion of anybody. :P

To kind of drive home the point about using drugs responsibly, as I type this I'm under the influence of perscription sleeping pills (my psychiatrist prefers the term "sleep aid"), and I can barely keep my head up, but I'll be damned if I can fall asleep. Anyway, I could easily swallow this whole bottle and kill myself right now... what's my point? None, really, I'm just slightly uneasy at having something so potentially lethal sitting next to my bed and being instructed to consume it by a doctor. :rolleyes: I'm rambling about nothing now so I think I will take another shot at sleep.

(Incidentally, it's almost 4 am and I'm still sitting here typing away at a message board online despite the fact that I have to get up in four hours. How well do you think those pills are working?)

:huh: yea w t f is Steve McQueen??

Shouldn't you address him as a person at least?

:angry: hey TWIT...y don't u go choke on a cig... :angry:

haha you faggot

brian doesnt smoke

:angry: S T F U ...and fuck off 2...since no one was talking 2 u in the 1 st place :angry:

:huh: yea w t f is Steve McQueen??

Shouldn't you address him as a person at least?

:angry: hey TWIT...y don't u go choke on a cig... :angry:

haha you faggot

brian doesnt smoke

Hahahha. And Jeff.. Just cool down and stop getting your fucking undies in a bundle. Telling people constantly to fuck off isn't going to do anything, especially by you, except make them laugh most likely.