✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you started with () and got into them?

Yeah actually. I just went with the most interesting looking cover (it was also cheaper than takk.. I think).

It was new and really fascinating to me. And the first four tracks are still really sensational. Vaka and Samskeyti really stuck with me, and after hearing hoppipolla on you-tube I decided to keep exploring.

So then I bought Meo suo i eyrum because I thought their most recent album would be a safe bet. Not their best of course, but its still amazing and spectacular. And it was great to hear those great voices and instruments placed in something more rythmic and upbeat...

I did love meo suo... I mean, it wasn't their best album, but it was very different from what they have done before, and there are some amazing songs like ara batur for example and inni mer, although the feeling of this newer album is more acoustic and happy, but I still love it, maybe not as much as the others but you can't compare at all:

agaetis byrjun: ambient rock with heavy classical music influence, an spectacular mix that makes a gorgeous and solid album

(): probably the best post-rock album ever

takk: art rock, something close to art and variety, what I would say "baroque" :P

með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust:sort of acoustic, and maybe like a more personal and café style music, beautiful anyway

Yeah, its unfair to compare directly because it denotes that meo suo i eyrum is somehow flawed, when I personally wouldn't change a thing. They're just stylistically different but with different strokes of brilliance. Takk... and Agaetis Byrjun just stand out because they're more impacting, but with the exception of tracks like ara batur and flotavik, Meo Suo I eyrum wasn't intended to be like thoe albums. It was more fun and light-hearted. I'm really excited to see what their next album will be like!

I also like the description of "baroque" with takk... you get that feeling especially on the second half with tracks like milano, svo hlott, and heysatan.

haha I definitely didn't do it on purpose. :D

I'm really, really happy I got Takk... because it's fantastic. My favorite is Sæglópur, but I also love Hoppípolla, Heysátan, Glósóli, Mílanó... The whole album is amazing. Ah, I'm in love. :heart: