✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it depends how you got it. On the actual album none of the tracks have names, so they're referred to as untitled 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. However because that gets kind of annoying, there are other names that the tracks go by like "Vaka" and "Fyrsta". If you got the tracks online, they may have already substituted the secondary names.

I think it depends how you got it. On the actual album none of the tracks have names, so they're referred to as untitled 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. However because that gets kind of annoying, there are other names that the tracks go by like "Vaka" and "Fyrsta". If you got the tracks online, they may have already substituted the secondary names.

Exactly, those are the work titles:

1. "Untitled #1 (Vaka)" (6:38)
  2. "Untitled #2 (Fyrsta)" (7:33)
  3. "Untitled #3 (Samskeyti)" (6:33)
  4. "Untitled #4 (Njósnavélin)" (7:33)
  5. "Untitled #5 (Álafoss)" (9:53)
  6. "Untitled #6 (E-Bow)" (8:48)
  7. "Untitled #7 (Dauðalagið)" (13:00)
  8. "Untitled #8 (Popplagið)" (11:45)

:)

And I've been so lucky to have seen them 3 times last year.

The first time was at Rock Werchter, but I only knew Ágætis Byrjun a little bit. It was amazing, they blew me away. Since then I bought all their albums in like 1,5 month time.

Then I saw them on a dutch festival Lowlands, which was the magical experience I talked about before. Wonderfull.

Last november they played in Amsterdam and I went there, but then I got a phonecall, there was a complication with my sisters surgery. So I couldn't enjoy the concert so much and left after 6 songs. I wasn't able to listen to Sigur Rós for a few months, because now their music connected me to that stupid day of my sisters surgery.

Now I'm at a point I can enjoy it again, and I'm glad, because it's such a special band with great music.

@ Gilda: Go listen to their music, very fast! You won't regret it :)

The first time was at Rock Werchter, but I only knew Ágætis Byrjun a little bit. It was amazing, they blew me away. Since then I bought all their albums in like 1,5 month time.

I think it's amazing how they're one of those bands that you can enjoy at a concert with out knowing a lot of the music that you're actually listening to. At almost any other concert, if I only knew a few of the songs, I would not enjoy myself. But, for instance, at the Sigur Ros concert I went to last October- I knew about 6 of the songs they played, and even though the rest was completely foreign to me (since then I've listened to it all, though), it was still an amazing experience. I think that's definitely one way you can tell if a band is truly brilliant or not.

OH!!!!MY!!!!GOD!!!!!! That was an experience!

Before I had only seen this, which cuts off right before it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hny3Yo31RU&feature=related]YouTube - Sigur Rós at Abbey Road Recording Ara Batur[/ame]

Absolutely breathtaking seeing it played out like that!