✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Sigur Rós

busybeeburns

it's true, I'm glad they changed a lot on their last 2 albums, but that doesnt mean I don't like the others, in fact all of sigur ros albums are among my favourite albums... but if they had kept with songs like untitled 8 they would have been just another post rock band

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom has been getting all uptight lately about me listening to music while I study (:rolleyes:), and finally declared that I'm only allowed to listen to stuff without lyrics. I went off on a rant about how Sigur Ros should fall into the study music category, because technically if I don't understand the lyrics it's more or less like classical music, plus Jonsi's voice is an instrument anyway. She finally caved after I showed her many examples to prove my points. Yay Iceland. :heart:

Listen to Takk... and then Agaetis Byrjun. Those are their best and closest to the overall sound of the band. ( ) (the least accessible) and Meo su i eyrum...(their most accessible album) are wonderful too, but they're departures from the band's "normal" sound, so it'd give you kind of a false impression.

Listen to Takk... and then Agaetis Byrjun. Those are their best and closest to the overall sound of the band. ( ) (the least accessible) and Meo su i eyrum...(their most accessible album) are wonderful too, but they're departures from the band's "normal" sound, so it'd give you kind of a false impression.

thanks a lot(:

i just like to say i had a drug-free out of body experience (the only kind i have) while listening to hoppipolla. It was incredible.

:mellow:

the first time I heard it, was with phones... absolutley breathtaking, I've never been to heaven but I suppose it's the music angels play... (ok that was cheesy :p) since that moment I loved Sigur Rós

I really like the name ara batur. It means "rowboat"

Row Boat

You tried everything

Yes, a thousand times

Experienced enough

Been through enough

But you it was who let everything

Into my heart

And it was you who once again

Awoke my spirit

I parted, you parted

You stir up